Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

LynnGrace wrote: »
    I think the live episode will be a damp squib. If they kill off Callum, at least that would be something. I'm not sure the scriptwriters / producers will kill him off. Probably afraid Vicky Pollard will haunt them, if they do :P...

When is the live episode? I like how last night ended though
    I doubt Nick hit Max (I haven't followed any spoilers for it though)

Also I thought Vicky Pollard was more Kylie's friend than Callum's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Have a drink Todd. :D

8ftqDR9.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

When is the live episode? I like how last night ended though
    I doubt Nick hit Max (I haven't followed any spoilers for it though)

Also I thought Vicky Pollard was more Kylie's friend than Callum's.

Vicky Pollard is very much Callums side-kick/lacky. I'd say years ago they were all mates with Callum obviously going out with Kylie, but Vicky Pollard has been too involved with Callums dodgy dealings to be just "a mate".
    Unless the writers thought the viewers are too stupid to understand there could have been many more people involved with Callum other than the 2 heavies, Vicky Pollard and the infamous "Macca"

To be quite honest with you, i think thats the problem right there. Maybe Blackburn and his team think they should be penning Downton Abbey or something more high brow and they think the audiences of Corrie have the attention span of goldfish. Which is why practically every episode we gather here and point out errors in storyline, nonsensical storylines and out of character behaviour.

Steve and Lloyd falling out the first time was silly. Them falling out the second time now is just pathetic.
    As I said before, Andrea stealing the record.
    original.jpg

Also, I can easily see Roy and kathy being friends. I can see Kathy being Roys lodger for a while. I can not see them as a couple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

Once again, psycho Mary shows what she's really like. When she heard that Roys birthday wasn't for a few days , snaps the card back and takes a hissy fit! I don't think she meant it as a joke either..deadly serious :mad:

And has the whole Tracy thing been buried again..ie no comeuppance??

Eva comes back after been away for ages, and wonder of wonders, who just "happens" to be on the cobbles , but her half sister Leanne :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Re Audrey's break-in..Did the police interview Ken? He could have given a good description, the lads answered the salon door to him after all!

Such a ridculous storyline, they could have at least had different guys break in to the salon, Callum is always mouthing off about how many "friends" he has.

Unless the writers thought the viewers are too stupid to understand there could have been many more people involved with Callum other than the 2 heavies, Vicky Pollard and the infamous "Macca" :rolleyes:

People like Callum never have friends well true friends anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

maurv1 wrote: »
    Once again, psycho Mary shows what she's really like. When she heard that Roys birthday wasn't for a few days , snaps the card back and takes a hissy fit! I don't think she meant it as a joke either..deadly serious :mad:
    They were going to do a big thing for the live episode with it being Roys birthday apparently the writers had to do a quick change as they were going to do something for his big 60 but it was mentioned in an episode last year that he was 60 so he's now 61:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,079 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

No comments here tonight! did you all forget Corrie was on?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,723 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Why don't Callum ask his parents for the 20 grand and sell some of the fancy things in his swanky apartment?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 gavoreilly

maurv1 wrote: »

Haha! I reckon the writers were trying to be funny showing Mary have that hissy fit anyway. I was nearly in tears myself. It was a great device to let the other characters know that Roy's birthday was coming up soon anyway. And now he's going to have a party - which no doubt he will hate!

gavoreilly wrote: »
    Haha! I reckon the writers were trying to be funny showing Mary have that hissy fit anyway. I was nearly in tears myself. It was a great device to let the other characters know that Roy's birthday was coming up soon anyway. And now he's going to have a party - which no doubt he will hate!

I'd be like that meself, I'd hate a 'surprise' birthday celebration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

Still no Norris, I'm getting worried now! :pac:

It was nice to see Callen getting dragging out of the bestro tonight. :) But If it's anything like the Irish system he'll be back again on the street tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

casio4 wrote: »
    They were going to do a big thing for the live episode with it being Roys birthday apparently the writers had to do a quick change as they were going to do something for his big 60 but it was mentioned in an episode last year that he was 60 so he's now 61:rolleyes:

As said upthread, they really must think viewers are stupid. I hope they don't have a party for him now that he is 61, that would be totally ridiculous.

I thought the scene with Kirk and the phone during the week, was too silly for words. I know he isn't supposed to be very bright, but really... :(

Missed last night's episode, but I presume Max is still alive and well. The tedious storyline of Callum needs to finish, very soon. Why on earth would the Platts not report everything to the police, given that it would surely strengthen their case. Aaaargh. Maybe they are afraid Vicky would take over where Callum leaves off, bursting into their house at will, and gurning frantically on the street at every opportunity :pac:.

I saw part of an interview recently with Craig Charles /Lloyd, and it struck me that the way he is being written out, is a disservice to the actor. He had a hissy fit with Steve, and says, right, that's it, I'm selling up. Ugh. They used to be funny together, and were good friends. They got past all of the stuff about Steve taking money from the business, buying the car, and so on. As usual, this latest storyline just doesn't add up.

Why not have just written Andrea out, by her getting a job in Jersey, never mind all that nonsense about stealing the record, and then let Lloyd leave with dignity, just deciding that he wanted to be with her.

Just read a spoiler as to who gets killed and it is a shocker. I won't share it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Just read a spoiler as to who gets killed and it is a shocker. I won't share it.

I just read that, but it said "could be killed off" I'm a bit shocked meself.. :eek:

I just read that, but it said "could be killed off" I'm a bit shocked meself.. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I would be very surprised if they are killed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Kate Oates emmerdale producer is taking over from Stuart Blackburn in Corrie and Ian MacLeod hollyoaks producer will be taken over from Oates as the new producer in Emmerdale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

fin12 wrote: »
    Kate Oates emmerdale producer is taking over from Stuart Blackburn in Corrie and Ian MacLeod hollyoaks producer will be taken over from Oates as the new producer in Emmerdale.

Just read this and thought hopefully she can bring Corrie back to the decent soap it used to be. She's a decent producer so have high hopes.

Don't watch Hollyoaks so no idea what to expect for Emmerdale but I hope it's a positive move. The storylines following the crash were a letdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭retweet

It's David, if anyone is wondering.

fin12 wrote: »

Glad to see the Blackburn era coming to an end on Corrie. Looking forward to seeing what Kate Oates will do with it. I know she worked on Corrie previously, and I think she has done a very good job on Emmerdale.

retweet wrote: »

Really? :eek:
    I read that it's
    Gail

retweet wrote: »

I'd say this is just a way of trying to stir up interest in the live episode. Can't see them killing off that character.

If they kill
    Callum
    I will be happy.

Blackburn is gone, best news ever & Katie Oates is coming from Emmerdale

Oh what a glorious day :D:D:D So long Blackburn :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭jaded_pause

So is it
    David or Gail??

So is it
    David or Gail??

Just hype, in both cases, would be my guess. Stirring things up ahead of the live episode...or attempting to.

I notice in spoilers on Digital Spy, they are being very coy, saying things like
    the Platts try to move on etc

Blackburn is gone, best news ever & Katie Oates is coming from Emmerdale

Oh what a glorious day :D:D:D So long Blackburn :pac:

:D, I thought of you Deleted User as soon as I read about Blackburn going. Good news, indeed.
    Hopefully Kate Oates will bring Corrie back into good shape, when she takes over, and clear out some of the weaker actors / actresses, in the process.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement