Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Corrie not on tonight due to the Rugby World Cup opening ceremony. But there is a 2012 documentary on Deirdre on UTV Ireland at 8.30 for those who need a fix.

It's on Monday and Wednesday next week at the usual times, it's not on next Thursday. No idea yet about next Friday.

dubstarr wrote: »

Love the psycho look on Lego Tracey's face. In fact, she's actually a better actor than real Tracey.
    fin12 wrote: »
    Kate Oates emmerdale producer is taking over from Stuart Blackburn in Corrie and Ian MacLeod hollyoaks producer will be taken over from Oates as the new producer in Emmerdale.

Ah... Christmas comes early.

Hopefully we'll get less "disasters" like the bus crash/fire, less "celeb actors" who can't actually act, less emphasis on an actors looks for getting the part and more emphasis on their ability, more empahasis on actually dealinng with long term stories such as Steve's depression or Sinead's injuries and that Corrie goes more towards what it originally was; a kitchen sink drama.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

La_Gordy wrote: »
    YAAAAAAAAS!!

Waiting patiently now for Syklops to cop this :D

Copping it now. Fabulous news.

From the article Ian McLeod goes:
    "Taking the reins of a programme in such rude health is both highly exciting and a mouth-watering challenge,

He was talking about Emmerdale. I dont watch it anymore, but from hearing from others who do, its actually quite good. Are they in denial about Corrie?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Going silly here,trying to find out who you're all taking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

So your sisters fiance gets burned up in a fire that later turns out to be a murder/manslaughter by a next door neighbour and you dont bother coming home but then your boyfriend cheats on you with someone and you're straight on a plane, back to a street where only your sister lives seeing as your mother has fecked off somewhere and the main topic of conversation when you get to her apartment is how you were cheated on, no mention of whats-his-face dying over the road 5 minutes ago?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

Ann22 wrote: »
    Going silly here,trying to find out who you're all taking about.
    I think the talk is about the movement of writers/producers/directors etc etc between the various counties of Soapland and how some are better than others. I don't really know anything myself about theses people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Bring back Curly.

He needs to have a relationship with Tim.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Thargor wrote: »
    So your sisters fiance gets burned up in a fire that later turns out to be a murder/manslaughter by a next door neighbour and you dont bother coming home but then your boyfriend cheats on you with someone and you're straight on a plane, back to a street where only your sister lives seeing as your mother has fecked off somewhere and the main topic of conversation when you get to her apartment is how you were cheated on, no mention of whats-his-face dying over the road 5 minutes ago?

I don't care about Kal either so cant really blame Eva too :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Simon Gregson has reportedly been written out of the soap for three months.

The actor is suffering a 'mystery illness' which means he can’t commit his time to the ITV soap.

Fans won’t see Simon, who plays Steve McDonald, in next week’s live episode even though he’s in the episodes either side.

Those scenes were filmed weeks ago but due to his illness he won’t be around to take part in the live episode.

Now it’s been claimed he’s taking a longer break than first anticipated.

A source said: "He’s decided to take a bit of time out and has the support of everyone on the show."

Meanwhile, the insider claims the morale of the cast will be boosted by the news that boss Stuart Blackburn is being replaced by Emmerdale chief Kate Oates.

The insider said: "There’s been discontent among the cast. Stuart’s characters did not work and he seemed obsessed with big comebacks.

"The announcement will massively boost cast morale in the build up to the live episode as Stuart was becoming unpopular with them."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

"Oates is expected to ditch flop characters such as the
    Nazir family and bring in fresh young talent in a bid to
    halt a ratings slide that has plunged from up to 10
    million viewers in 2013 to less than six million."

Let's hope so.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,706 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

• Advertisement

I hope they can turn Corrie around the paper was right about all the complaints

1. Big Characters Leaving
    2. Stupid Cameo's
    3. Nonsense Story lines - Sally & Kevin, The camping story line

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Wasn't Simon Gregson rumoured to be going out sick before and then for some reason didn't?

The actor, who plays Steve McDonald,is having a third child with wife Emma

Mystery illness my arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I stopped watching earlier this summer because of how awful the show had gotten, but with news of Kate Oates replacing Stuart Blackburn I'm back on board knowing there should be a drastic shift soon enough with someone competent in charge.

Just been catching up on the last week or so before the live episode. I'd say Simon Gregson's absence will throw a bit of a spanner in the works as from what I've read he was supposed to be heavily involved in the live episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

dubstarr wrote: »

It takes decades off Liz!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I stopped watching earlier this summer because of how awful the show had gotten, but with news of Kate Oates replacing Stuart Blackburn I'm back on board knowing there should be a drastic shift soon enough with someone competent in charge.

Just been catching up on the last week or so before the live episode. I'd say Simon Gregson's absence will throw a bit of a spanner in the works as from what I've read he was supposed to be heavily involved in the live episode.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Kate Oates does with Corrie. The only way is up, in my opinion. Stuart Blackburn brought Corrie to possibly an all time low.
    I have more or less continued to watch regularly, but only because of the few stalwarts who have held the show together, despite rubbish storylines.

I would class Simon Gregson as one of those stalwarts. I loved, for example, when Ken walked out of his house, after hearing of Deirdre's death, and broke down. Steve just went and hugged him. It was a very real moment, amid a lot of dross.

I consider Emmerdale to be far superior, to Corrie, in terms of quality of acting, and storylines, so I am really pleased to see Kate Oates taking over at Corrie. Roll on the New Year!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

syklops wrote: »
    Mystery illness my arse.

Maybe he's going on parental leave because his wife's having/had a baby.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I think he has had a number of brushes with depression. I hope the break helps him. I like his character and he seems like a nice bloke in real life too.

I think thats exactly it. One article said he was taking time off due to a mystery illness.

I think Steve and Lloyd were to feature in live episode, probably for some humorous moments

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think Steve and Lloyd were to feature in live episode, probably for some humorous moments

Not them making up yet again? A real heart to heart type thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Nick needs Gandy and Robert to help get Callum out of his restaurant :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

Welcome back Norris ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Is Steve on medication to go with his neat whisky and vodka?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Christ this is going from bad to worse. Total non stories and none neither remotely entertaining or funny.
    Who is the new drip Roy is hanging out with? Desperate

Same here. And if I miss it I feel I'm missing nothing either..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

That's Cathy... Roy met her when he tidied up her patch, ehh allotment, I think it was a while back.

Not a lot to make the live episode seem appealing and interesting, no hype for it besides the stupid chasing ad

• Advertisement

That's Cathy... Roy met her when he tidied up her patch, ehh allotment, I think it was a while back.

Well he had right to leave her there. Roy is a great character but this wet dishcloth is drowning him out. Shame they lost Halyley.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement