Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Not a lot to make the live episode seem appealing and interesting, no hype for it besides the stupid chasing ad

For sure. Pity that precipice that they show in that silly ad, doesn't really exist. An easy way to dump some of the deadwood, that needs to go. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

really stupid the way Callum walked in the back door and listened to David and Kylies conversation, also very silly to have us believe that David went to the dog and gun on his own to sort out Callum he wouldn't have stood a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Why dont they just Denton to do the dirty work.It would be more believable especially as Kylie knows him.

They should have turned David evil again,the storyline would have been so much better.Its getting to be a bit of a damp squid,im getting bored of it.

The live episode will be a damp squid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

I'll be interested to see who is in the live episode to show off the flakey actors. I can't see Max in it as surely he is too inexperienced to be part of it. Bethany seems to be in it, but will she or anybody else throw a wobbler? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Dammit well that's the end of it now for me - no point watching if there's no Rita to sing a song in the Rovers, talk sh!te with Em-ly and Norris and/or get drunk and hint at an alcoholic storyline? :P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I think Kathy's ok. Glad to see him with someone. I know it's a bit soon but it's soapland😊.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Alice1

Ann22 wrote: »
    I think Kathy's ok. Glad to see him with someone. I know it's a bit soon but it's soapland😊.
    I don't really like Cathy in Corrie. She was okay in "Bread" - remember she played "our Avaline" and she was funny. She's just .... odd in Corrie

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Alice1 wrote: »
    I don't really like Cathy in Corrie. She was okay in "Bread" - remember she played "our Avaline" and she was funny. She's just .... odd in Corrie

I think your character would have to be a bit odd to be interested in Roy in that way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭jaded_pause

Spent half the day convinced today was Wednesday, waiting for Corrie Live like a pleb, just now realised it is in fact Tuesday.

Spent half the day convinced today was Wednesday, waiting for Corrie Live like a pleb, just now realised it is in fact Tuesday.

That is like something I would do. I do think it will be a damp squib though.
    At least if it's the last we see of Callum, (fingers crossed), that will be a result!
    Has to be one of the most drawn out, boring story lines, and most unconvincing villain ever, in Corrie.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Alice1 wrote:

I do remember her as Avaline. Do you know she was married to Sean Bean?!

I think Cathy has more in common with Roy than Hayley had. At times Roy would go on about something. ..like poetry or trains and Hayley would clearly have no interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Ann22 wrote: »
    I do remember her as Avaline. Do you know she was married to Sean Bean?!

:eek: F*** Off! Seriously? I would've guessed she was far far older than him (then again I still picture Sean Bean as Tadhg in The Field - I'm sure they're actually around the same age, not that age matters of course)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Melanie Hill who plays Cathy is 3 years younger than Sean Bean. Her DOB is 11.01.62. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melanie_Hill

I like her as an actress, but so far i'm not mad keen on her character in Corrie, but it's getting better. Anyway she can only do the lines and act the character that she's told to, so I guess the producers/directors/writers are at fault there.

I was also shocked when I read she was married to Sean Bean but I guess love is love :P

I kinda agree re Cathy and Roy being more suited then Hayley, but I still maintain that it is far too soon for Roy's character to be considering someone new, considering how broken he was when she died.

So now that we're finally at Wednesday.... Any thoughts for Corrie Live? Do we even care? Will we only watch because there's nothing better to be doing? :D

I can't imagine Roy with anyone but Hayley, who was the love of his life, I know many move on again to new loves but sorry Roy and Hayley were soulmates imo so keep him as friends only with Cathy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

I think live TV is always that bit more enjoyable; there's no margin for error. Looks like it's an attempt to boost flagging ratings, judging from the below.

http://m.independent.ie/entertainment/television/tv-reviews/coronation-street-live-episode-heres-why-it-wont-revive-the-dying-soap-31551389.html

I thought the Eastenders one recently was seamless, I wouldn't have known it was live. Be interesting to see how this goes.

A few super fun snippets from that article include, but are certainly not limited to:
    Bat-faced squirt David Platt, his dumb sister Sarah-Louise

Re Roy and Cathy, which I completely agree with.
    It’s effectively a betrayal of an engagingly complex character that the writers and Neilson himself have worked hard to develop over the years.

And my absolute favourite, which I'm sure will tickle some of my lovely Corrie Boardsies <3
    It’s an indication of how bad things are at the moment that tonight’s episode pivots on the Platts — surely the most boring and irritating fictional family on television — being menaced by the world’s most useless criminal. Callum doesn’t look capable of dealing a hand of poker let alone hard drugs.

And finally, some good news! Good on you Kate, make us want to watch Corrie again, please!
    There are reportedly worries in the ranks that the new producer, who takes over in January, will cull the cast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

I read in the paper today. Apparently , the Cornation Street set is only about half mile from Old Trafford. Man. United are playing tonight and the fear is the roars of the crowd might be picked up by the microphones during the live episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I cant wait to see Callum in the live episode. I think its going to be pretty funny.

I think live TV is always that bit more enjoyable; there's no margin for error. Looks like it's an attempt to boost flagging ratings, judging from the below.

http://m.independent.ie/entertainment/television/tv-reviews/coronation-street-live-episode-heres-why-it-wont-revive-the-dying-soap-31551389.html

I thought the Eastenders one recently was seamless, I wouldn't have known it was live. Be interesting to see how this goes.

Except when Tanya called Ian beale by his proper name, that was pretty good.

I can't imagine Roy with anyone but Hayley, who was the love of his life, I know many move on again to new loves but sorry Roy and Hayley were soulmates imo so keep him as friends only with Cathy

Well I just couldn't see his character moving on that quick. :):)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

fin12 wrote: »

I didn't spot that at the time, I'm sort of winding down for the night when the soaps are on.

I didn't spot that at the time, I'm sort of winding down for the night when the soaps are on.

well the papers had a few articles on it as well. No Eastenders usually have one or two mistakes in their live episodes, Corrie in their last one dont think had any and Emmerdale were very good as well.

Speaking on ITV's Lorraine this morning, Mulhern predicted that Corrie fans will be shocked when they see the drama that unfolds tonight.

"What happens on this Street tonight you will not believe," he promised. "I've seen the run-through. They're going to do another one today which we're going to get to see. I love Corrie. I've been a fan of Corrie for years and years.

"But the first part, I would say is possibly the most explosive TV I've ever seen. If they don't get some awards for this, then there's something wrong."

^ So explosive it will rock the cobbles :rolleyes:

Jiggle them at the very least. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

If it doesn't it'll be cobblers for the cobbles.

• Advertisement

fin12 wrote: »

I loved that :D. It was kind of endearing, somehow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement