Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

actually who lives in the house between eileens and dev's shop its the only one not marked?

actually who lives in the house between eileens and dev's shop its the only one not marked?

Thats Kevins house. Stella and family are living there at the moment.

Thats Kevins house. Stella and family are living there at the moment.
    ah thanks knew I was missing someone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Is that Gail flippin real? She throws David out of the house, then asks for his advice on a dripping shower? I would have mentioned two words that rhymes with *suck and cough*:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Bill1709

No gail is not real. She is a character.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

God it's really gotten so bad at this stage. So over the top drama non stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭edelweis

Tetra wrote: »
    Sophie is to get a new love interest (new character for the show)...

Great!! - Jenna is such a clunky actress I can't wait for her to go join her mother....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Very poor tonight, two episodes of nothing happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Jesus it was awful this eve

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭edelweis

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Very poor tonight, two episodes of nothing happening.

Yes, kinda weird, it's like they're trying to inject new life into all these broken up couples and non-event story lines, not very satisfying, dread to think how it'll be once Hayley goes

• Advertisement

Yes, and that Tina/ Tracy nonsense came out of nowhere and dragging it out to fill episodes is just very boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,255 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The writers don't have any choice with Tommy though. They had limited options on what to do, it was always going to be weird a character just disappearing.

I like Tina's mannerisms, better than getting over-excited all the time. She was consistently a good friend to David when he wanted to talk and helped Dennis as well. She seems like a nice girl to me.

They could have recast the role, have him visit his other grandparent(s) and come back played by another actor

• Registered Users Posts: 10,707 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Yes, and that Tina/ Tracy nonsense came out of nowhere and dragging it out to fill episodes is just very boring.

I think its to break up the Roy and Haley story which lets be honest is a little depressing and serous.

What's the deal with fai and the other girl, what are they planning?

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    I think its to break up the Roy and Haley story which lets be honest is a little depressing and serous.

i think they start causing a bit of trouble for sally along with a bit of vandalism

Also Todds back this week & seems to be in (or causing) trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 86,255 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Faye and mini Kirsty are bully brats

I took it to be the start of Tina and Peter getting interested in one another, from last week's episodes. Whatever it is, it is very boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Also Todds back this week & seems to be in (or causing) trouble

Apparently he makes a play for Marcus as he likes stirring things up.
    When did that start? He was always very sweet :confused:

Chucken wrote: »
    Apparently he makes a play for Marcus as he likes stirring things up.
    When did that start? He was always very sweet :confused:

well last time he made an appearance wasn't he a total snob towards eileen cos he had a rich sugardaddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    .....mini Kirsty....

LMAO! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

well last time he made an appearance wasn't he a total snob towards eileen cos he had a rich sugardaddy

I'd forgotten about that.

• Advertisement

Chucken wrote: »
    I'd forgotten about that.

Oh and the whole business with Sarah Lou and trying it on with Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2478298/Coronation-Streets-brand-new-set-new-road-7-7-acre-location.html

doesn;t the new set look great. wonder if they'll use the new houses in Mawdsley st.

Always strangely interesting to get the proper feel of the street's geography from pics like that. Some things you never really consider, like how the factory is practically in Platt's garden, or how the walls and boarded up arches surrounding the street make the community look like a prison barracks.

The houses on Mawdsley St must contain the quietest, most boring, keep-to-themselves people on Earth. 50-odd years and no affairs, murders, fires, tram crashes, fights, feuds, jobseekers or interactions with the neighbours across the ginnel. I'd like to imagine a glut of new characters from that side will all be introduced at once when Sophie's new love interest turns out to be from that side and the the cast we know ends up in a West Side Story routine with the residents of the other side. Also the Coronation Street side steals the Mawdley Street side's lemon tree.

Also, I'm surprised Ashley's butcher shop has been left vacant for so long without a new business setting up beside Roy's. Now that I think of it, surely his wife Claire would have the property bequeathed to her when Fred and Ashley died?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Jikashi wrote: »
    Always strangely interesting to get the proper feel of the street's geography from pics like that. Some things you never really consider, like how the factory is practically in Platt's garden, or how the walls and boarded up arches surrounding the street make the community look like a prison barracks.

The houses on Mawdsley St must contain the quietest, most boring, keep-to-themselves people on Earth. 50-odd years and no affairs, murders, fires, tram crashes, fights, feuds, jobseekers or interactions with the neighbours across the ginnel. I'd like to imagine a glut of new characters from that side will all be introduced at once when Sophie's new love interest turns out to be from that side and the the cast we know ends up in a West Side Story routine with the residents of the other side. Also the Coronation Street side steals the Mawdley Street side's lemon tree.

Also, I'm surprised Ashley's butcher shop has been left vacant for so long without a new business setting up beside Roy's. Now that I think of it, surely his wife Claire would have the property bequeathed to her when Fred and Ashley died?

Yeah, I mentioned a while ago how the butchers was never taken over, perfect opportunity to bring in new charachters, as are the Victoria Court flats, and since Jerry left the kebab shop is rarely utilised. Corrie needs another focal point apart from the Rovers, Roy's, and Underworld.

It seems the old warehouses beside the kebab shop have a proper frontage, maybe they'll be exploited in the future, I think apart from the Tommy & Terry strip club they've never been mentioned. Could be a good opportunity for a new focal point in the series.

Street badly needs some new charachters, and normal ones at that, a sttled couple like Jack & Vera, or Stan & Hilda, who might stay for a few years, not some young ones who'll "set the Street on fire" or "sex the Street up with his/her feisty attitude" etc etc. They only stay for a year or two anyway it seems.

Yes, interesting to see, I had forgotten, for example that Emily lived next door to Deirdre etc. The new set looks really well.

Speaking of things I had forgotten, did Liz have a fling with Lloyd? I know that is what was so amusing to Jenna last night :D ( she needs to get out more). I don't remember that, but had dropped Corrie for a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I was watching last night in utter frustration at times

"Kylie" Get away from him, I'll take him home

Eh, I think you'll find he's my brother lass now either bugger off back to your strip pole or look after our kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Its a sad state of affairs when emmerdale is more entertaining than Corrie. My Ma last night: "I've been hoping Tracey will come to a bad end for about 3 years". I said, "I've been waiting for that to happen for about 20".

What is wrong with Tina? Why does Tracey even appear on her radar? Nevermind why does she get so irked by her. If a real person kicked off like her in the pub as often as she does, they'd be sacked long ago.

Rob is some eejit to be with Tracey. Even he should be able to see she is bad news. Considering the somewhat questionable nature of his business, particularly, how he could be and probably is, fencing stolen gear, he should have rung the insurance, got the damage taken care of and kept his head down. Tracey involving the police is nuts.

syklops wrote: »
    Rob is some eejit to be with Tracey. Even he should be able to see she is bad news. Considering the somewhat questionable nature of his business, particularly, how he could be and probably is, fencing stolen gear, he should have rung the insurance, got the damage taken care of and kept his head down. Tracey involving the police is nuts.

She fronted some of the start up equity though. Maybe that's what's keeping him stuck with her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

MugMugs wrote: »
    She fronted some of the start up equity though. Maybe that's what's keeping him stuck with her.

He should have promoted her to sleeping partner by now. Having someone who gets in rows with half the street behind the counter in your only shop is not a smart move. She has no business experience and hasn't worked anywhere for more than about 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Who lives next to devs shop, and whats with gails house there is no way its that big:eek:

• Advertisement

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Who lives next to devs shop, and whats with gails house there is no way its that big:eek:

That's Kevins house which Stella, Gloria and yer wan whose name I forget are renting it.

Kev and Sally used to live there before swapping with "Arrrr Ashley" and Maxine. Kev bought it back off Steve when he was turfing Beth and Trace-eh out. Steve bought it after the Tram Crash.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement