Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

I'm just thinking about the cast members who didn't take part last night. I read that some people opted out of taking part. Those who come to mind are:

Tracey
    Gail
    Audrey
    Norris
    Mary
    Emily
    Tyrone

Obviously Simon Gregson/Steve - but we knew beforehand that he wouldn't be taking part.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

I think Shane Ward has done a good job playing his role but two things annoyed me when he was interviewed in the behind the scenes show.

1. His ridiculous hat.
    2. When he was asked about how he, as a new actor, felt about doing the live show, he said "actually I found it quite easy".

I thought he came across quite cocky.

Really, they were just doing what they are paid to do - ACT. Some did so better than others, but overall, not a bad effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Theres a spoiler behind that............ Another plane crashes into Emmerdale in a few months. Was filmed tonight...

Old Trafford is literally only up the road and United were playing Ipswich last night during live episode! rooney scored in 23rd minute so I must listen back to hear was there any semblance of a roar from the crowd at 8.23, whatever scene they were in. I imagine it ws an inside scene as if it was out on the street, there is no doubt you would have heard it, given there was 65,000 united fans present (5,000 ipswich).

Would have been hilarious if when Roy lobbed the gob, the massive cheer went up from the crowd!!

I must do that too, though
    Kylie was probably offing Callum
    at that stage.

Was the entire programme live? Also no Mary at Roy's party or am I mistaken? Can't remember seeing her.

I think Tony is
    totally going to cement over Callum's body before David and Kylie move it!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    I was surprised to see Rita there, I thought the actress had taken ill and couldn't appear in the live episode?!

She was suppose to be off sick, she did seem out of it was she acting drunk?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Really, they were just doing what they are paid to do - ACT. Some did so better than others, but overall, not a bad effort.

I think I enjoyed it partly because we are finally rid of Callum, even if the Platts aren't :D. And it didn't involve any running :p

Overall though, I thought they all did well. I loved the way they were all dressed up for Roy's (non) party.

I suppose it will drag on again though, while Kylie and David fret over what happened. I thought they were really good, both can act, anyway, but I thought they really delivered. I'd say Tony would gladly cement / concrete Callum into that manhole for them, if they ask him.

Haven't read any spoilers so far, I know that they were being coy, saying 'the Platts try to move on' etc.

Anyone expecting Sarah Louise to crack up and pull a Sam from EE digging up Callum's corpse in a few months :p if she knows he is down the manhole

Told you Callum would die & end up down Gail's Manhole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I must do that too, though
    Kylie was probably offing Callum
    at that stage.

![/SPOILER]

Callum was killed early in the programme. Before 8pm. Rooney scored at 8.23

Told you Callum would die & end up down Gail's Manhole

I think the world knew that 3 weeks ago! Even the Nepalese stranded up Everest got wind of it! It was the most predictable scenario since someone predicted the possibility of rain in Ireland

• Advertisement

LynnGrace wrote: »
    I think I enjoyed it partly because we are finally rid of Callum, even if the Platts aren't :D. And it didn't involve any running :p

Overall though, I thought they all did well. I loved the way they were all dressed up for Roy's (non) party.

I suppose it will drag on again though, while Kylie and David fret over what happened. I thought they were really good, both can act, anyway, but I thought they really delivered. I'd say Tony would gladly cement / concrete Callum into that manhole for them, if they ask him.

Haven't read any spoilers so far, I know that they were being coy, saying 'the Platts try to move on' etc.

Tony wont be informed as Tony will be the one arrested for the "disappearance" of Callum given he was probably spotted taking the car. That is a scenario that would suit the Platts

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I think Tony driving the car away was the comic element,plus they couldnt drag it out if they got Callim in the car no bother.I think Sarah will crack,she doesnt have thestomach for it.

dubstarr wrote: »
    I think Tony driving the car away was the comic element,plus they couldnt drag it out if they got Callim in the car no bother.I think Sarah will crack,she doesnt have thestomach for it.

I think that was a plothole that would have been genious. If, unbeknownst to Tony, the Platts had put Callum in the boot and were just about to head off but Tony and todd jumped in and burnt out the car, incriminating them

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I'm just thinking about the cast members who didn't take part last night. I read that some people opted out of taking part. Those who come to mind are:

Tracey
    Gail
    Audrey
    Norris
    Mary
    Emily
    Tyrone

Obviously Simon Gregson/Steve - but we knew beforehand that he wouldn't be taking part.

Tyrone was actually on set and ready to go LIVE even though he didn't appear in an episode. Apparently he was a back-up plan in case anything went wrong technically with the LIVE show, there was another (presumably more basic) live feed set up with Alan Halsall in the back garden chatting away to himself until they could resolve any problem or switch to a back-up recording of one of the rehearsals. Storyline wise he was at hope looking after Hope and Ruby which is why he wasn't at the party.
    Stuart Maynard (Tony) mentioned it on the after-show when he was being interviewed.

Jane Danson (Leanne) was one of the others who didn't want to do the live show, so she wasn't there and can be added to the above list. And Maria maybe? I don't remember seeing her in it, but maybe she was there. Think everyone else appeared at some point.

I think that was a plothole that would have been genious. If, unbeknownst to Tony, the Platts had put Callum in the boot and were just about to head off but Tony and todd jumped in and burnt out the car, incriminating them

I agree that would have been good, Callum in the burnt car

I think Tony or Jason or both will get arrested for Callum's disappearance now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Tyrone was actually on set and ready to go LIVE even though he didn't appear in an episode. Apparently he was a back-up plan in case anything went wrong technically with the LIVE show, there was another (presumably more basic) live feed set up with Alan Halsall in the back garden chatting away to himself until they could resolve any problem or switch to a back-up recording of one of the rehearsals. Storyline wise he was at hope looking after Hope and Ruby which is why he wasn't at the party.
    Stuart Maynard (Tony) mentioned it on the after-show when he was being interviewed.

Jane Danson (Leanne) was one of the others who didn't want to do the live show, so she wasn't there and can be added to the above list. And Maria maybe? I don't remember seeing her in it, but maybe she was there. Think everyone else appeared at some point.

The actress that plays Maria is heavily pregnant. I read something somewhere during the summer where she said she wouldn't be taking part in the live show as she would be heavily pregnant / on maternity leave by the time the live show came around.

As an aside I think it's hilarious that some people (not here!) are saying that the major blooper last night was Callum breathing (was the actor supposed to hold his breath for the duration?)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I think Maria is on maternity leave. I thought Leanne was brilliant in the last live episode they had, the tram crash.

Maria is a pointless useless character, she ruins every character she is paired with and Samia in an awful actress

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Maria is a pointless useless character, she ruins every character she is paired with and Samia in an awful actress

I like Maria, but then again I fancied her when I was a teenager, so maybe I still see her through rose tinted glasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,814 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Would be very entertaining but the problem is that forensics and extensive police inquiries (plus use of CCTV etc) would lead the investigation straight back to the Platt household and the trio being rumbled within days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

A better plot is if it gets filled in and Callums body stays there. Kylie, David & Sarah cracking up over the next few months knowing the body is there, then Gail finding out.

If its done and written properly its good, the actors can carry it off, but I wouldnt have a lot of confidence in the writing and direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Strazdas wrote: »
    Would be very entertaining but the problem is that forensics and extensive police inquiries (plus use of CCTV etc) would lead the investigation straight back to the Platt household and the trio being rumbled within days.

yes but this is Corrie and their Suspension of Reality we're talking about :D

Red Kev wrote: »
    A better plot is if it gets filled in and Callums body stays there. Kylie, David & Sarah cracking up over the next few months knowing the body is there, then Gail finding out.

If its done and written properly its good, the actors can carry it off, but I wouldnt have a lot of confidence in the writing and direction.

Its such an original idea, it might just work.......................................

deadly-brookside-290x400.jpg

Perhaps they can get the Morton's back and Jerry takes up with Gail again and helps the Platts cover up......... I think the actor that plays Jerry could pull this plot off....

_42576993_starkepa.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

I know your man was sick, but it looked so stupid that steve wasn't there for lloyds party.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,717 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Come to town and help me pick some taps. Got to love Gail :D

Oh shut up about your taps... if it was me, I'd actually end up slapping her! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I missed the start of the 1st one but how come Lloyd was in it.Was he not waved off in the last episode

dubstarr wrote: »
    I missed the start of the 1st one but how come Lloyd was in it.Was he not waved off in the last episode

He was but he paid £200 to change their trip and come back for a day to Lloyd could say goodbye to Steve.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Odelay

He was but he paid £200 to change their trip and come back for a day to Lloyd could say goodbye to Steve.

I'd pay that to see Steve, would love to have a buddy like him, think he's great:o

• Advertisement

Carla and Roy are priceless gems. Love them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement