Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Gail eyeing up her next hubby in the detective checking out her manhole :p

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Gail eyeing up her next hubby in the detective checking out her manhole :p

Gails manhole has seen some action lately!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Is Lloyd going on that Mars project and I mean the planet not the chocolate lot? I know families that live on opposite sides of the world that squeeze in a visit now and again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

I know families that live on opposite sides of the world that squeeze in a visit now and again.

yeah but the actor's leaving, and so I'm guessing he wants to leave permanently

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭Odelay

Gonna guess there will be a backup of water/sewage from the factory soon due to Calum, and dynorod or the likes will need to look into Gayles hole.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

That hole was supposed to be backfilled, no decent builder would leave it like that, just covered with an inch of concrete. *Sigh

Anyone notice that when they were mixing cement in the back garden you could see out to the street, i.e. the garage had totally disappeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

I don't get a chance to watch during the week so I catch up with the omnibus over the weekend. I'm not really up on when the episodes are on so a silly question if someone can tell me?

How far in to the omnibus should I expect the live episode to be? Just so I can make sure I look extra carefully :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

fox_1973 wrote: »
    I don't get a chance to watch during the week so I catch up with the omnibus over the weekend. I'm not really up on when the episodes are on so a silly question if someone can tell me?

How far in to the omnibus should I expect the live episode to be? Just so I can make sure I look extra carefully :-)

I reckon at the start of the second hour.
    Basically, the first scene (If I recall correctly) was Roy shouting at a bus driver about being late/too early.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

fussyonion wrote: »
    Basically, the first scene (If I recall correctly) was Roy shouting at a bus driver about being late/too early.

Perfect, that's exactly what I was looking for. I've read through the thread so I'm looking forward to seeing it

Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Just watching it now on the player.
    Gail (speaking about Sarah and Callum and whether they stayed in touch) 'Absolutely not, the man's dead to her' and David's face when she said it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

fussyonion wrote: »

There was actually a short scene before this, where Calum is confronting Sarah in the Platt's house. You'll notice the change in tempo anyway, everything seemed to move that little bit quicker

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Red Kev wrote: »
    That hole was supposed to be backfilled, no decent builder would leave it like that, just covered with an inch of concrete. *Sigh

Anyone notice that when they were mixing cement in the back garden you could see out to the street, i.e. the garage had totally disappeared.

What does that mean backfilled?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

yeah but the actor's leaving, and so I'm guessing he wants to leave permanently

He didn't want to leave. He needed more time off (to film Red Dwarf) and that eejit Stuart Blackburn decided he had enough time off over the years, so they wrote him out permanently. I'd like to see him back into it again in a few years - from Red Dwarf to Robot Wars to Takeshi's Castle I'm a big fan of Craig Charles and the Steve/Lloyd friendship is always great. Hayley Tammadon (Andrea) didn't want to leave either, so maybe a few years down the line they could bring the two of them back into the show.
    spurious wrote: »
    Just watching it now on the player.
    Gail (speaking about Sarah and Callum and whether they stayed in touch) 'Absolutely not, the man's dead to her' and David's face when she said it. :)

That was my favourite part of the episode. David always gets great lines, but his reactions and facial expressions are even better.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Is it just me or has Kylie gotten hotter now that she's killed someone?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,546 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

fin12 wrote: »
    What does that mean backfilled?

Simply to refill the hole so that it's not a hollow space underneath the floor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Carla and Roy are priceless gems. Love them.

+1.

I loved when Roy went to see Carla, tonight, and she told him to stop using words like 'process', about starting a new relationship.
    Roy's face when she said to him about his cardigan... :D Absolute class, both of them.

Strazdas wrote: »
    Simply to refill the hole so that it's not a hollow space underneath the floor.

so I suppose because they are not doing the job properly, they will have to end up digging up the concrete at a later stage therefore finding Callum. Maybe that's one of the story lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

fin12 wrote: »
    so I suppose because they are not doing the job properly, they will have to end up digging up the concrete at a later stage therefore finding Callum. Maybe that's one of the story lines.

Gail's bed could see a bit of 'action' in a couple of months time and fall through the floor! :eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

Remember the last time we had to get shut of t'body?

article-0-0C4A60F200000578-9_468x707.jpg

mb1725 wrote: »
    Gail's bed could see a bit of 'action' in a couple of months time and fall through the floor! :eek::D

ya probably with the detective fella. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Such a ridiculous ending the Callum storyline. As mb1975 says, it' just a repeat of the Fiz storyline :rolleyes:
    It would have far better if Callum's body had been in the back of his car when it blew up. We'll probably be subjected to months of silly Gail complaining of spooky feelings everytime she uses her new taps !
    David has been brilliant and been given some great lines ' How many bricks does it take to bury a drug pusher - Hang on while I google it' :D:D
    Love the scenes between Roy and Carla

anyone that goes near Gails manhole dies except for Martin he was the chosen one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

will Callums body not start to smell soon

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭jaded_pause

casio4 wrote: »

I'd imagine it'll definitely be smellable within a couple weeks at the very latest, as far as I know it takes a couple of weeks for the real stank to kick in.

casio4 wrote: »

ya when you would lift that hatch to where his body is, the smell would probably be unreal, yet they dont even have to cover their faces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

Presumably the manhole was there for some reason originally?? I wouldn't think it was there for fun. And now it is been covered over with cement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

maurv1 wrote: »
    Presumably the manhole was there for some reason originally?? I wouldn't think it was there for fun.

Probably just to fit in with this story I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭jaded_pause

Probably just to fit in with this story I'd say.

My guess is exactly this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

The manhole is part of the old factory drains which are disused.
    Callums body would be smelling just yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

mb1725 wrote: »
    Remember the last time we had to get shut of t'body?

article-0-0C4A60F200000578-9_468x707.jpg

Who's in the carpet? I cant remember. That was back when Coronation Street was worth having on in the evening not the mush they serve these days anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement