Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Last time they used the butchers shop was Kirk and Ches last Christmas and the turkeys, thought it was going to be the start of using it but no

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

Steven81 wrote: »
    Last time they used the butchers shop was Kirk and Ches last Christmas and the turkeys, thought it was going to be the start of using it but no

it would be a great spot for a creche... all them babies seem to be in 24/7 creches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

syklops wrote: »
    He should have promoted her to sleeping partner by now..... .

I think he has. She's his business partner....... and he sleeps with her....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

it would be a great spot for a creche... all them babies seem to be in 24/7 creches

+1 I'm sure poor Emily could do with the break.:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Red Kev wrote: »
    I think he has. She's his business partner....... and he sleeps with her....

A sleeping partner is one who has no input to the business at all. Dropping laptops on the ground should have been the last straw.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Bill1709

Sorry but this david caused the crash thing is ridiculous. He didnt cause it, he knows he didnt cause it yet the writers seem intent on rewriting the event to suit the story. David wanted nick to pull over , nick drove erratically and braked. Why is david so resigned to the fact that he caused it.

Also, if Leanne wants to be such a wonderful "mum" to a child of an ex who she has no ties to apart from sleeping with his daddy years ago, why does she feel it ok to take up and leave without any notice.

Sorry but this david caused the crash thing is ridiculous. He didnt cause it, he knows he didnt cause it yet the writers seem intent on rewriting the event to suit the story. David wanted nick to pull over , nick drove erratically and braked. Why is david so resigned to the fact that he caused it.

Also, if Leanne wants to be such a wonderful "mum" to a child of an ex who she has no ties to apart from sleeping with his daddy years ago, why does she feel it ok to take up and leave without any notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Never have I wanted to see somebody land smack onto their face as much as I did as Gail was running along the cobbles.

Christ that woman annoys me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Why doesn't anybody bother to point put to Leanne that if she hadn't spent Christmas Day running around Weatherfield in her wedding dress looking for the shag off Peter Barlow then none of this would have happened. She's one two faced b1tch when she wants to be. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Bill1709 wrote: »

I totally agree with your post.The bit I've quoted in bold i was just about to say myself..Leanne is supposed to be Simon's mother and this is the second time she's búggered off to Toyah's without him. Ridiculous the way she fought for parental rights, twice she deserted him and twice she didn't list him as the first reason she came back. Did you ever see the likes of her:mad:.
    ..the other bits I've said a few times already. It's enough to drive you silly..I don't know why David won't just stand up for himself and say he was only trying to stop Nick driving them home. Do the writers think we've all got sponge brains?!

• Advertisement

Its really irritating. I can understand if david did try to plead his case at this stage (which he actually did at one stage to nick if i recall) after all the secrecy and if gail, audrey, leanne and kylie simply didnt believe him. He has after all a history of psychosis, suicide and murderous hate. But the fact is david is going along with the story for no reason and showing no fight. It is true the accident wouldnt have happened but for his intervention but they are making out and david is agreeing that he tried to kill him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

This clip reminded me of the rights and wrongs of the accident.

While David didn't intentionally cause the the accident he did lose it enough to cause a fatal accident but was lucky enough not to have if you know what I mean. He would have done anything to stop Nick from telling Leanne... "I can still have a future" - how did he intend to accomplish that by Nick stopping the car and him getting out? He had murder in his heart both just before the accident and in the hospital since the the accident. I presume that is what he is feeling guilty about. It wouldn't be enough to convict him of attempted murder but if the accident hadn't happened he would have had to kill Nick and pretty damn quick in order to preserve his 'life',

I assume all this is leading to some Lily hostage situation. Kylie is right - he is laughing at them inside. He's gone from a broken man to one who can make jokes very quickly even by soap standards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Not sure if this has been posted yet:
    Gay lawyer Todd Grimshaw sets his sights on Marcus Dent (Charlie Condou) and won't let his girlfriend Maria Connor (Samia Ghadie) get in the way of what he wants as Bruno Langley - who is reprising his role as Todd - says his Corrie character has changed.

He explained: "Todd has his eye on Marcus and he's out to get what he wants.

"He likes a challenge and I guess he's probably one of those people who likes the drama of splitting couples up.

"It's all for his own ego and just to prove that he can.

"People know Todd as a nice guy but he must have been hurt in some way in a past relationship and that's why he is like he is now.

"Todd's come back to wreak a bit of havoc."

And Todd also plans to string along Marcus' ex-lover Sean Tully (Anthony Cotton), who lives with his mum Eileen Grimshaw (Sue Cleaver).

Bruno added to RadioTimes.com: "Todd can be very charming when he wants to be and has a way of being able to get people on his side. He's very clever and can turn things around so that the other person thinks it's their fault.

"He's quick on his feet with his answers and he knows that Sean fancies him, so he uses that against him.

"And it will be Sean that Bruno uses to persuade his mum to let him stay - and cause trouble.

"He manipulates Sean. Nice Todd has well and truly gone."

However, one person who Todd can't win over is his brother Jason (Ryan Thomas).

Bruno said: "Jason has his doubts about Todd's intentions.

"Jason's questioning why Todd is staying around and why he's acting so horribly. He's always had a problem with Todd being the golden boy, but I think that could all change. The tables have turned..

Bruno Langley. He even sounds like a gay lawyer.

While David didn't intentionally cause the the accident he did lose it enough to cause a fatal accident but was lucky enough not to have if you know what I mean. He would have done anything to stop Nick from telling Leanne... "I can still have a future" - how did he intend to accomplish that by Nick stopping the car and him getting out? He had murder in his heart both just before the accident and in the hospital since the the accident. I presume that is what he is feeling guilty about. It wouldn't be enough to convict him of attempted murder but if the accident hadn't happened he would have had to kill Nick and pretty damn quick in order to preserve his 'life',

I assume all this is leading to some Lily hostage situation. Kylie is right - he is laughing at them inside. He's gone from a broken man to one who can make jokes very quickly even by soap standards.

eh, no. The reason he utters that line "i can still have a life" is in reference to pleading with nick not to go back in the car and admit the truth to leanne and inform kylie, gail et al that david knows and has been acting psychotically for weeks. David is aware that kylie will probably leave him if she finds out his behaviour. He simply wants nick to pull over, think about the consequences of admitting all. As i said he has reason to feel guilty for his part in the lead up to the accident. But if you apply that butterfly effect logic, everyone is to blame for influencing events that caused the accident. Kylie, nick himself, gail, leanne, peter, carla even!! The point is the scriptwriters are trying to make out that david intentionally caused the crash and david's behaviour suggests that that is what occured.

He is also aware that if kylie finds out she will inevitably take a paternity test, and david is fearful that nick will be the father , destroying the life he has. He just wants nick to "forget" about it and carry on in blissfull ignorance for the sake of everyone in that "i can still have a life" moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

It's been decades since you could pick up the phone and ask the operator to put you through to Weatherfield Police Station. Yet Tracey can do it.

This proves to me that the woman's a witch and should be treated as such, on the ducking stool in the Manchester Ship Canal.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,255 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Red Kev wrote: »
    Why doesn't anybody bother to point put to Leanne that if she hadn't spent Christmas Day running around Weatherfield in her wedding dress looking for the shag off Peter Barlow then none of this would have happened. She's one two faced b1tch when she wants to be. :rolleyes:

Does Nick remember this :P I'm sure Gail does

Thanks for posting :)..however it's made me more convinced that David wasn't trying to kill Nick. His cries of 'stop the van' aren't the words of someone trying to cause a crash. I believe his undoing of Nick's seatbelt was an attempt to persuade him to stop. They did come to a stop as it happened but unfortunately someone crashed into them.

David did to a good job of arguing his case in the hospital to Nick but since that he just says nothing just more or less admits to attempted murder. It's driving me mental:confused:!!!

Don't know if any of you are Harry Hill fans but his old episodes of Tv Burp are being repeated on Gold daily at 6pm and 6.30pm at the minute. Back from 2004, some deadly clips of Corrie from the time :) Fred Elliot, old Nick (not the divil) with Maria, Tracy's newly pregnant and Steve's with Karen :) Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

Ann22 wrote: »
    Don't know if any of you are Harry Hill fans but his old episodes of Tv Burp are being repeated on Gold daily at 6pm and 6.30pm at the minute. Back from 2004, some deadly clips of Corrie from the time :) Fred Elliot, old Nick (not the divil) with Maria, Tracy's newly pregnant and Steve's with Karen :) Enjoy!
    I was watching, it was great seeing the good old days

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

If Leanne had come in when David was telling Nick that he wished he had died and hopes he never gets back to normal etc., and she told everyone else, then I could understand everyone's reaction and it would be the things he said that they were mad at him for. Or if Nick stated that David suddenly turned psycho and tried to kill them both, but Nick doesn't seem to even remember the accident very well. Obviously it's implausible that you could try to kill someone else while escaping yourself by grabbing the wheel like that. It's not like he pushed it to the other side of the road, he was trying to pull it inwards.

I think the writers are having a laugh with Gail's character being so extremely obsessively worried about Nick doing everything she can and yet throwing her other son out on the street at this stage.

Jeez poor Nick. He will be dropping the trousers and asking the cops for Fizzy Orange next.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,255 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

If I hear Kylie say once more it was a one off I will scream, she f*cking cheated on her husband with his brother :mad: and yet she is acting like the injured innocent victim that did no wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

I'm not convinced. He was grabbing onto the wheel for 12 seconds which is a long time when you count it out, even after narrowly avoiding an oncoming car - that's too long a time if you're intending to try and get someone to stop a car. I think he was desperate enough to kill them both even if he didn't process it consciously and acted on instinct but then again if they had hit something (rather than being hit by something) he still had his seatbelt on. Taking off Nick's was a very deliberate action. I've seen enough of David over the years to know that he's a complete psycho- every little thing he does is part of a plan. Granted, Nick and Kylie did something really stupid and treacherous but the way David reacted to it when he found out was unnatural - seriously scary chap.

Brilliant line from Sally there about Tracys daughter

'Probably her mothers broom' :D

Hate this little tramp that pals round with Faye. :mad:

Faye the idiot cant even spell gross.

Sick of Faye and yer one at this stage. Well, I'd had enough quite a few stages ago.

Sick of Faye and yer one at this stage. Well, I'd had enough quite a few stages ago.

Faye alone was bad enough without an even bigger moron thrown into the equation.. O.M.G #loser :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Duvetdays

Oooh I never thought I'd hate anybody more than Faye but that little f*cker Grace has succeeded

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Whatever that little beatch has planned for Simon, I think Faye will finally see her for the evil cow she is.

If Fayes hair was done nicely like the wig, she mightn't look as gormless.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement