Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

JC. FFS, OMIG :eek::eek::eek:

Did Roy get a lift with the Dr in the Tardis back to B&Q circa late 60s/early 70s for the new wallpaper for the bedroom? It has to have the most hideous pattern and colours ever and will hasten Haley into topping herself rather than spending her final days gazing at it with no way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Duvetdays wrote: »
    Sean was practically drooling over him. Were they ever a couple in it??

No but iirc Sean was a good friend to Todd when the latter came out as gay, especially needed with the fallout of Todd's coming out (by then he was engaged and due to have a son with Sarah Platt, had made a pass at Nick and was faced with initial homophobia from Jason). Unless I'm mistaken it was that friendship that led to Sean living at Number 11 and becoming a regular character.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

How the Hell did he get to be a junior lawyer? Didn't he fail his exams?

Didn't the guy Alex say they were both law clerks and not lawyers? Quite different being a clerk to being a solicitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I actually had to go out to the fridge for a slice of Smoked Salmon after the Todd scene last night :pac:

That Grace lass is a proper little cow. Watching her act last night it was refreshing to see such a young person with such a good ability to play her character so well !

• Registered Users Posts: 86,256 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sean is always drooling over Eileen's sons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

JC. FFS, OMIG :eek::eek::eek:

Did Roy get a lift with the Dr in the Tardis back to B&Q circa late 60s/early 70s for the new wallpaper for the bedroom? It has to have the most hideous pattern and colours ever and will hasten Haley into topping herself rather than spending her final days gazing at it with no way out.

It reminds me of Oscar Wilde whose last words were: "My wallpaper and I are fighting a duel to the death. One or other of us has got to go."

That's gonna be Hayley !

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Ryan2me

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Sean is always drooling over Eileen's sons

.. makes 2 of us.. Jason's 6 pack nom nom nom.

I remember Sean saying one episode.... I can read six pack like Braille.... many's a time i used that as a chat up line and it worked ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Ryan2me wrote: »
    .. makes 2 of us.. Jason's 6 pack nom nom nom.

I remember Sean saying one episode.... I can read six pack like Braille.... many's a time i used that as a chat up line and it worked ;)

Your username says it all. Ryan Thomas to you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Ryan2me

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Your username says it all. Ryan Thomas to you. :)

2me.... toomey :L it's not 2 mass :L

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Todd too good for the Knicker factory lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭dixiedan

I had forgotten about Todd of the shiny red boyish face coming on to Old Nick all them years ago lol !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

todd used to be nice. Couple of years in the city and now he is a clown

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭dixiedan

le la rat wrote: »
    todd used to be nice. Couple of years in the city and now he is a clown

....with delusions of grandeur.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Poor Mary :(
    I agree but I think the young one who plays Grace is a great little actress, like Simon these kids can act unlike Faye who just rolls her eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Hayley storyline is heartbreaking but they are just going round in circles at this point. I'm starting to think rather than an interesting story about whether or not the terminally ill has the right to choose how and when they die this is going to become the breakdown of Roy and Hayley because the writers think it's dramatic.

Emily, Norris and Mary caught Faye and Grace red-handed, if someone was smart enough to ask them why they think they did it then this would be cleared up a lot quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

casio4 wrote: »
    I agree but I think the young one who plays Grace is a great little actress, like Simon these kids can act unlike Faye who just rolls her eyes

That child is car-crash. Is she a little slow or something, worst Corrie character ever :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

You know what particularly annoys me about Faye? To try and endear her to us, the writers show a faintly human side to her every so often, like for example when Grace is trying to convince her to go along with her nasty schemes she looks reluctant... and in Mary's defence, she said 'Mary's alright really'..however when she was actually speaking to Mary, she was ignorant...rolling her eyes, etc, cheeky little madam. She has no charm whatsoever about her at all, she's horrible to everyone except her dad and Anna (when she gives her what she wants:rolleyes:).When she said 'it were the kids from the Sacred Heart!' in that horrible cheeky bratty way, I wanted to skin her alive:mad:. She's a little b!tch!!!

I'm getting tired and depressed with this Roy and Hayley story. I feel like hopping into tellyland and plonking a 80 pack box of panadols between them on the table.. I'd also tell her to split them with him;).Seriously though.. I do feel I'm starting to lose the heartfelt pity I had for her and her accent is grating on me....I mustn't be a nice person.

Todd's teeth are stupidly white...his cheeks are stupidly pink and his hair is stupidly fringey:mad:.

Anna is too much a gullible doormat for Faye

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Nick: You made a pass at me
    Todd: No I didn't!...I made a pass at the old Nick

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

dixiedan wrote: »
    ....with delusions of grandeur.

the biggest crime in soap land

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

I hope that the storylines around Faye and Grace don't get dragged out. Enough already, for me. I agree re Roy and Hayley, the story is going around in circles. That wallpaper will finish poor Hayley anyway, definitely from the bargain bins of the 70s :D

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

road_high wrote: »
    That child is car-crash. Is she a little slow or something, worst Corrie character ever :eek:

Didn't you see the Soap Awards the other night? The Faye actress was nominated best young actress. Christ only knows why. It seems that she's related to the actress playing Sophie, who presumably recommended her to the producers so that she herself was no longer the worst actress in the soap. Sophie's recommendation would surely have been in writing, otherwise they would not have understood a single word she said.

Anyway, the Faye actress did not win the award. Her reaction was predictable. . . :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

They have ruined a sad story by bringing in a controversial twist. Hayley and Roy should be left to enjoy what little time they have left, not this infuriating mess of a story. I'm afraid that I no longer have any wish to watch this programme. To those of you who do, Good Luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Bill1709

This new version of Todd as an ever increasingly sinister and manipulative trenchcoat wearing diva with an off the wall fringe is such an original concept

www.leatherfads.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/10.jpg

I'm not liking the way the Hayley and Roy storyline is going. I hate the way Hayley is treating Roy, it is so uncharacteristic. I feel so sorry for Roy, everything he does is wrong. It's unrealistic, Hayley could go and talk to her palliative care team who would help her deal with her fears. I have a friend who works for the Irish Hospice Association and she said that patients often want to discuss what exactly will happen to them as they near the end. I doubt if she has had anyone who is scared they will slip between Hayley and Harold but I'm sure patients worry about things from their past coming to the surface. Hayley should know Roy well enough to know that he would never agree with her planning her own exit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Bill1709

I disagree. I think its been portrayed quiet well. As Hayley said , she is desperate to die a dignified death and Roy is also desperate to hold onto her as long as possible,

Their clashes are a juxtaposition of two strong minded emotional and deeply stressed individuals failing to agree with their beloved on such a life changing choice of action. It is very realistic.

Hayley has always stuck by Roy but she hasnt been a slave or subservient to his often closed mindedness and hasnt been afraid to tell him so or do what she thinks is the right thing. When she left him the night of the live show years ago due to him admitting he didnt see her as a woman is a good example.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

casio4 wrote: »

Faye is a typical young teen - I remember at her age I was Queen of Eye Rolling. It's not that she's a bad actress, she's just acting a youngster. She reminds me of how David was at her age - irritating.

Grace, however, is a teenager akin to the adult Tracy - slightly overdone but holds the attention more because we know she's up to something. If my daughter had brought home a friend who schmalzed me like Grace does Anna I would have had her out of the house in double quick time because it's not real.

Bill1709 wrote: »
    I disagree. I think its been portrayed quiet well. As Hayley said , she is desperate to die a dignified death and Roy is also desperate to hold onto her as long as possible,

Their clashes are a juxtaposition of two strong minded emotional and deeply stressed individuals failing to agree with their beloved on such a life changing choice of action. It is very realistic.

Hayley has always stuck by Roy but she hasnt been a slave or subservient to his often closed mindedness and hasnt been afraid to tell him so or do what she thinks is the right thing. When she left him the night of the live show years ago due to him admitting he didnt see her as a woman is a good example.

Good points Bill and well said. I suppose it's just difficult to watch them at loggerheads when they have so little time left together. All very sad and makes you wonder how you would react in the same situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

jos28 wrote: »
    Good points Bill and well said. I suppose it's just difficult to watch them at loggerheads when they have so little time left together. All very sad and makes you wonder how you would react in the same situation.

Very sad but it's much more interesting than watching Hayley die a slow and painful death. I like the element of wondering what you would do in a similar situation, it gets you thinking. Something I wish more soaps would do. It's what got me watching regularly again giving up a few years ago. As I already said though it's starting to go around in circles a bit. I do hope the writers figure out where to go soon or it will be a massive wasted opportunity.

I don't feel Faye is a bad actress, she's just playing an annoying snotty teen. She moans and rolls her eyes a lot but so do a lot of kids her age.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement