Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Red Kev wrote: »
    Another thing that annoys me about Corrie: A couple of months ago we were building up to see how Tina was coping with the surrogate baby and now all of a sudden it's forgotten. It's as if the writers think she has some sort of emotional switch where she can just reset herself and forget all about the trauma of Joe/Jake.

I guess it helped her that her fears of seeing Gary and Izzy with the baby every day were dispelled by the wormhole that appears to have consumed them a few weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Jikashi wrote: »
    I guess it helped her that her fears of seeing Gary and Izzy with the baby every day were dispelled by the wormhole that appears to have consumed them a few weeks ago.

Oh darn it, they are back. I really did not miss them in the slightest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

Oh carla and hayley!! What a wacky pair! . . . . . . . Sigh. :|

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

This David breakdown/down-and-out story is very stupid, for some reason totally unbelievable. No idea where it's supposed to be going or what the point of it is but it's very boring.

Tina looks like a Malteser tonight.

Its so lazy by the writers. The manipulation of the storyline of the crash to suit this breakdown story is an insult to anyone who has followed the story. Its getting a bit ickening to be honest.

• Advertisement

*sickening.

As for Trenchoat Todd The Taxi Thief Terror, i dont know where to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Red Kev wrote: »
    This David breakdown/down-and-out story is very stupid, for some reason totally unbelievable. No idea where it's supposed to be going or what the point of it is but it's very boring.

Tina looks like a Malteser tonight.

Worst "storyline" in years. David has done far worse in the past yet all was forgiven. Lets not forget what happened behind his back with his brother and partner.

Hayley the Amazing fashion designer now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I only started watching again recently so I'm confused, does anyone besides David, Kylie and Nick know that Kylie and Nick slept together? I thought they did but when Gail mentioned that it wasn't only David's fault I thought she was finally going to mention it but she started questioning her own parenting skills instead. I can buy David drowning his sorrows but he's gone from 'normal' to full on drunk in about a week with most of it happening this episode. Totally unbelievable. And what does it amount to now he's living with Audrey and trying to get back on track? They might as well have skipped the whole staying with Tina thing and had this all happen right away. I did feel sorry for him looking at Max's picture though.

Why did Tommy go to the Canaries. I've lived there myself, there's no work out there. :P

The wedding dress thing is ridiculous, especially since Carla had found her perfect dress but it wasn't available; surely she would have just told Hayley to make that? Why was Roy blowing up a rubber glove? Also I thought Carla was an alcoholic?

I know why Ken's not in it but where is the character supposedly gone? Every episode Deirdre is talking about how much she doesn't miss him, from the tone of things they're still together but she seems far too happy to be rid of him. Lousy writing.

I'm just going to ignore Tina and Peter for now because no. Same goes for Todd and the stupid foster storyline (I don't know that characters' names).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Why does Max keep blinking, he never did it before David left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭dixiedan

jos28 wrote: »

Spending too much time with Nick probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭dixiedan

The mind really boggles at the goings on in the Tilsley clan. How the f**** can that Kylie wan talk like that to David and Gail and droopy faced Audrey just look on like a pair of dummies?? You'd think Kylie was the owner of the house and pure as the driven snow ffs :mad:

dixiedan wrote: »
    The mind really boggles at the goings on in the Tilsley clan. How the f**** can that Kylie wan talk like that to David and Gail and droopy faced Audrey just look on like a pair of dummies?? You'd think Kylie was the owner of the house and pure as the driven snow ffs :mad:

She does own the house, herself and David.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Ann22 wrote: »

I hate Carla's hair colour...she looks as if she smeared dog sh!te all over her head.

Wow, bit uncalled for, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,256 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kylie annoys me :mad: she really don't think she did anything wrong and is innocent in the whole mess

A. I only started watching again recently so I'm confused, does anyone besides David, Kylie and Nick know that Kylie and Nick slept together? I thought they did but when Gail mentioned that it wasn't only David's fault I thought she was finally going to mention it but she started questioning her own parenting skills instead.

B. I know why Ken's not in it but where is the character supposedly gone? Every episode Deirdre is talking about how much she doesn't miss him, from the tone of things they're still together but she seems far too happy to be rid of him. Lousy writing.

A. The people who currently know the extent of the affair, the paternity test and the crash are David, Nick, Gail, Kylie, Audrey, Leanne and Tina. Eva, Tina and Sally knew about the affair and questionable paternity early but they and the rest of the street are not aware of David's involvement in the van crash. So as far as everyone but the aforementioned seven knows, Kylie cheated on David, he found out and had a sneaky paternity test done, and now he is being denied access to the kids and the house by his family, with Nick's accident being an unrelated event. So in their eyes, Kylie is in the wrong, so why noone is so much as questioning the horrible treatment and desperate situation inflicted upon someone who was to their mind the victim of scandal is beyond me.

B. Ken is abroad (Oz I think) looking after his grandson Adam for some medical reason. Similarly Kevin Webster is caring for his ill father abroad.

jos28 wrote: »

Yeah, I noticed that too, that Max ('s actor) is squinting and blinking hard a lot lately.

-Have you noticed any change in Max?
    -New glasses?
    -No, it looks like something's disturbing him
    -Probably misses his old glasses...

Hang on a second, David is homeless, penniless, desperate, turned away by his family and kids, sleeping rough and is in a downward spiral of self-destruction, and STILL no involvement, contact to or from, or even slight mention of, his father living only in the next county?! Did I miss something? Last I'm aware, aside from feeling secondary to his new wife and daughter, David and Martin still had a positive relationship, at least as far as father/son relationships in soaps go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Double episode Sunday night.

Crap! Forgot about it. And because it's not on at the normal time, the sky series link didn't pick it up. When is the catch up during the day? I'm at home all this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,256 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Hang on a second, David is homeless, penniless, desperate, turned away by his family and kids, sleeping rough and is in a downward spiral of self-destruction, and STILL no involvement, contact to or from, or even slight mention of, his father living only in the next county?! Did I miss something? Last I'm aware, aside from feeling secondary to his new wife and daughter, David and Martin still had a positive relationship, at least as far as father/son relationships in soaps go.

I don't remember Martin being mentioned in ages

Crap! Forgot about it. And because it's not on at the normal time, the sky series link didn't pick it up. When is the catch up during the day? I'm at home all this week.

3.30 tomorrow, TV3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

If there's no chance of the actor coming back then the writers like to pretend they don't exist. Hayley's dying and there's no mention of even 'Oh it's a pity Becky can't get a flight because of...'

Considering we've had a mention of his rabbit and not Martin, even when Gail was on about 'shaping and moulding' him, is pretty piss poor writing though.

If there's no chance of the actor coming back then the writers like to pretend they don't exist. Hayley's dying and there's no mention of even 'Oh it's a pity Becky can't get a flight because of...'

Yeah but Becky at least gets mentioned by Kylie every now and then. Toyah Battersby, Andy McDonald, Joe McIntyre, Eddie Windass, various deceased spouses, etc still get namedropped by their remaining families.

It's odd that a character that not only is alive and living near, but has loads of family still on the street with whom he is on good terms with, unlike say Terry Duckworth, neither gets mentioned or is even said to have picked up the phone when his son got married and had two kids, his ex-wife was fleeced out of her life savings, and his stepson spent weeks in a coma.

Speaking of Audrey, remember when plenty of recent screentime was assigned to her whole house being wrought with damp and she couldn't afford the work and had to live elsewhere? Seems neither do the writers as that never seemed to lead to anything

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭Radio5

Speaking of Terry, doesn't he have another son (other than Tommy and the fella who had the restaurant with Leanne) ? He had an affair with some girl who worked in Rovers , can't remember her name , Trish maybe..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Radio5 wrote: »
    Speaking of Terry, doesn't he have another son (other than Tommy and the fella who had the restaurant with Leanne) ? He had an affair with some girl who worked in Rovers , can't remember her name , Trish maybe..

According to wiki, he has 3 sons!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Duckworth

Speaking of Audrey, remember when plenty of recent screentime was assigned to her whole house being wrought with damp and she couldn't afford the work and had to live elsewhere? Seems neither do the writers as that never seemed to lead to anything

Yes, that crossed my mind recently. She had moved in with Maria and so on. Then that story just died.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

God that whinge bag in the wheelchair (sorry if I sound un-pc) is back. She does my head in. Cannot understand how the writers are persisting with so many laclustre characters.

Tina and Peter to hook up it looks like :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

Is the new set coming soon as Victoria street is getting a lot of mentions. the estate where Audrey lives is also getting mentioned.I think I read here that the new set will feature these locations.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

jjf1974 wrote: »
    Is the new set coming soon as Victoria street is getting a lot of mentions. the estate where Audrey lives is also getting mentioned.I think I read here that the new set will feature these locations.

yeah the dailymail had pics of teh new set and it has the houses on victoria st as well so maybe a whole load of new characters will be appearing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Well at least....
    she confirms that it won't be done over Christmas, so at least we won't have to sit there with a Roses strawberry dream in our mouth and a belly full of turkey and brandy looking at her switching the machine on that ends her life. That would be bloody awful. Soaps tend to be very depressing on Xmas Day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement