Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

He showed signs of the other side of his personality when he ran out on the wedding to Sarah Lou and tried it on with her brother!! And didn't he come back before and act horrible and snotty to Eileen? Not an entirely new twist to his character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

He showed signs of the other side of his personality when he ran out on the wedding to Sarah Lou and tried it on with her brother!! And didn't he come back before and act horrible and snotty to Eileen? Not an entirely new twist to his character.

That was (the other) Nick was it that he tried it on with? (Come to think of it, he looked nothing like the present Nick).
    I dropped out of watching it for years, but I remember some of it. Now when I see him, I just think troublemaker. As someone said up thread, he is like the male equivalent of Tracy Barlow, and I find her very very tiresome. Think I need to drop out of watching it for a while, although I enjoy the thread here.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Six of One

Just watched back Sunday and yesterday's episodes. I knew it was Sunday's one as they mentioned it in every scene. Seriously, every scene!

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

LynnGrace wrote: »
    That was (the other) Nick was it that he tried it on with? (Come to think of it, he looked nothing like the present Nick).
    I dropped out of watching it for years, but I remember some of it. Now when I see him, I just think troublemaker. As someone said up thread, he is like the male equivalent of Tracy Barlow, and I find her very very tiresome. Think I need to drop out of watching it for a while, although I enjoy the thread here.

You're right - I'm getting more entertainment on this thread than Sorry Corrie at the moment. :D

Oliverdog wrote: »
    You're right - I'm getting more entertainment on this thread than Sorry Corrie at the moment. :D

Same here. Haha, Sorry Corrie is right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Same David vs Kylie sh!te tonight. Does it ever end...:rolleyes:

And this is going to drag to Christmas by looks of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

And this is going to drag to Christmas by looks of things.

And beyond no doubt...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

"What I want is my family in one piece" ........

FFS, how often does Gail say that, once every 8 weeks by the looks of things. :rolleyes:

Ohhhhh. Kylie is gone....never expected that twist....... she'll be back soon enough.

I skipped the second half. I guess it was more of the same.

• Advertisement

when gail and Audrey were at the cop station & kyle was drinking in the rovers

who was minding the kids Emily ?

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

when gail and Audrey were at the cop station & kyle was drinking in the rovers

who was minding the kids Emily ?

Isn't Emily getting a bit old to be minding every child on the street ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,908 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

jjf1974 wrote: »
    Isn't Emily getting a bit old to be minding every child on the street ?

In theory, if she is able to survive both a crow bar in the head and extensive hours with Norris in her company, she can survive an evening with Maxipad or Amy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Red Kev wrote: »
    Anyone else recognise "Richard de Vries" ? Those of a certain age will recognise him in the "Confessions of a .....Window Cleaner/ Taxi Driver / or whatever they were"... the staple of teenagers "blue movies" in the 70's and 80's. :) He could potentially be an excellent character, (he already reminds me a bit like Vernon, Liz's e). There again Corrie writers will screw him up big time, knowing how they're going the past year or so.

Yes I was thinking he was Robin Askwith:). I remember who he is but I never watched any of the Confessions films..would've been kilt for sure:o.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

In theory, if she is able to survive both a crow bar in the head and extensive hours with Norris in her company, she can survive an evening with Maxipad or Amy.

I think she just watches the kids, sitting in a rocking chair with a shotgun across her knees.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

This is more like the David I know and loathe. Resorting to emotional threats. :rolleyes:

Wonder how the rest of the programme will turn out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

About time bad David came back. The treatment he's been given I can't blame him at all.

His brother slept with his wife. They threw him out of his home and now are trying to force him to leave town (and his family).

Most annoying and frankly silly soap storyline ever. And I've seen a lot of silly stories!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

:P:P:P:P:P

Yay off the rails Kylie is back - shes always fun

Getting seriously pissed off with Rita WTF is her problem belittling denis all the time

Poor Gail really is caught between a rock and a hard place isint she. And see that Nick head injury or not get off your f***ing high horse poor David has lost everything- yea you sometimes forget a few words and have a short temper now but you have your wife and simon and your business while poor Davids been tossed out on the street. He made a mistake get over it . (Ok im like a crazy person yelling at a fictional charcter lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭sok2005

Todd is definitely gonna try it on with Marcus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

I reckon Dennis is going to hit it off with Gloria. rita has been borderline nasty to him the past week or so...they are both working on the same "project" i.e. the gig so I reckon he'll get a soft spot for her.

Though I reckon Richie de Vries could be an excellent charchter and I hope he clicks with Gloria.

Todd's insanely white teeth are so artificial they're seriously annoying me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Rita is being a proper nag with Denis I agree...I have to say,I don't enjoy their scenes at all. Denis's character isn't believeable to me, he's playing the role of a halfwit but to me he appears to be merely acting like a halfwit and is uncomfortable to watch..he's not a natural born halfwit or an endearing fool..just an irritating individual who's scenes I'm tempted to fast forward through.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

sok2005 wrote: »

Someone posted a spoiler earlier about that. On phone so can't add a spoiler blackout but if you look back on earlier posts you should find it. Will be part of the storyline for Marcus leaving next year.

I reckon Dennis is going to hit it off with Gloria. rita has been borderline nasty to him the past week or so...they are both working on the same "project" i.e. the gig so I reckon he'll get a soft spot for her.

Though I reckon Richie de Vries could be an excellent charchter and I hope he clicks with Gloria.

Todd's insanely white teeth are so artificial they're seriously annoying me.

That story with Rita and Dennis seems to have come from nowhere. I know there was the idiotic story where he pawned her ring, to Tracy Barlow, of all people, but that seemed to be forgotten. Now she is suddenly being a bitch to him. Can't really take to him anyway, he is a non-character, in my opinion.
    Can defo see him veering into Gloria's waiting arms. I enjoy Gloria, she is a bit like Blanche, I think she will be a loss to the show.
    Everything about Todd grates on me, I really wish he hadn't reappeared.

That story with Rita and Dennis seems to have come from nowhere. I know there was the idiotic story where he pawned her ring, to Tracy Barlow, of all people, but that seemed to be forgotten. Now she is suddenly being a bitch to him. Can't really take to him anyway, he is a non-character, in my opinion.
    Can defo see him veering into Gloria's waiting arms. I enjoy Gloria, she is a bit like Blanche, I think she will be a loss to the show.
    Everything about Todd grates on me, I really wish he hadn't reappeared.

Difficult to disagree with any of that. I hate when the writers sacrifice characters for the sake of the storyline: Rita just would not be that mean to anyone, let alone her beloved Dennis. Really bugs me that.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,258 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Richie looks like Mick Jagger :P

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Richie looks like Mick Jagger :P

I thought more Brian Jones!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭CassieManson

Reckon this is why Rita is suddenly being so horrible to Denis!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

Reckon this is why Rita is suddenly being so horrible to Denis!

not loading :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Ohhhhh. Kylie is gone....never expected that twist....... she'll be back soon enough.
    Brown paper bagged Vodka, kip on the red wreck and some random blokes who are her besties all boozing and dancing away with her in the Rovers no less.
    sok2005 wrote: »
    And I'd say MArcus will bite back.

Look at him all cheery after a Todd compliment. Todd is Mr Nasty now by the looks of it....... :rolleyes: It's all becoming a bit tiresome !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,258 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

not loading :(
    The actor who plays Dennis is leaving next year as is the actress who plays Gloria not sure if they leave together

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement