Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

I can see why Julie ended up with Brian. She'd drive a younger man to an early grave with her brook imitation. It irritates me the feck out of me. I doubt I'd last ten minutes in her company, without wanting to give her a good slap, let alone having to bed her. Tempted to be very vulgar but will resist. ;) Anyhow, Brian couldn't afford to be fussy. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12 pixel pixie

syklops wrote: »
    The biggest plothole for me was how Brian, bumbling twit that he is managed to get Julie, ditzy but very attractive for her age group in the first place. Him slinking off to Wales does make him seem pathetic, but its better its over with quick. Weren't there rumours he was going to die of a heart attack?

Isn't Julie only in her mid-30s? And Brian has to be maybe 50? That part annoys me too. Not that a 35 year old shouldn't be with 50 year old, but you know what I mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Isn't Julie only in her mid-30s? And Brian has to be maybe 50? That part annoys me too. Not that a 35 year old shouldn't be with 50 year old, but you know what I mean.

She seems older than that.

I still would though.

Whats a brook imitation?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

syklops wrote: »

Whats a brook imitation?

as in babbling brook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

One of the really stupid tings Emmerdale is have pure comedy/joke characters (like Julie, the head teacher fella, mary in her motor home). The prob with them is that when you have serious story lines (them breaking up) you just can't empathise with either of them. It's like Mickey Mouse having cancer. You don't know where to look or what to say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

^think you mean Corrie...

^think you mean Corrie...

Corrie. Yes. It's been a very long day sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

That's another thing: i mentioned it before about how they drop stories overnight. WTF happened to Faye and her psycho mate, she was on the verge of being ostracised and bullied in school, now the problem doesn't exist. I don't like Faye, the actress is awful but it was a relevant story to a lot of people and I find it starange that they just drop it overnight, (no doubt to be picked up randomly in the new year).

She's 37, he's 50 according to Corriepedia.

Red Kev wrote: »
    That's another thing: i mentioned it before about how they drop stories overnight. WTF happened to Faye and her psycho mate, she was on the verge of being ostracised and bullied in school, now the problem doesn't exist. I don't like Faye, the actress is awful but it was a relevant story to a lot of people and I find it starange that they just drop it overnight, (no doubt to be picked up randomly in the new year).

She's 37, he's 50 according to Corriepedia.
    There's a Corriepedia. Superb.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

had the same thing happen to me as a kid , poor max! he hasnt a clue whats going on but when he's older he'll know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,258 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

She looks as old as Eileen

• Registered Users Posts: 10,707 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

God the lines Mary comes out with are just mad! :D I drive straight through the roundabout!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Where's Corrie?

Where's Corrie?

Only one episode tonight. A fundraiser programme with Ant&Dec or Dec&Ant on instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Is there an extra episode on another day to make up for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    Is there an extra episode on another day to make up for it?

There's one on Sunday at 7pm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

How come Simon and Max were in the same Nativity play? They're a few years apart........and for sure it wasn't the whole school on the stage.

What's the chances of two Nativity plays being disrupted by drunken bowseys from the same street? I really wanted to slap Kylie and Tina too for that matter, she'd no business attending, considering the fact that she'd said she wasn't going to be looking after Simon anymore.

Disappointed not to be sitting down to the usual friday night double episode:(.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

The other night when Tracy rang Rob from Deirdres, she said that Deirdre and Amy would be out for a couple of hours. Yet last night Carla was going to the airport to collect Deirdre.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

How I hate football for messing up our corrie fixes. Is Micheal Le vell ever going to come back? When is somebody going to murder Tina and thank god this guy has been given his walking papers - or will be soon.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/coronation-streets-philip-lowrie-sacked-2928398

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

How I hate football for messing up our corrie fixes. Is Micheal Le vell ever going to come back? When is somebody going to murder Tina and thank god this guy has been given his walking papers - or will be soon.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/coronation-streets-philip-lowrie-sacked-2928398

I remember reading at the time of the court case, it was mentioned that he would return in the New Year. I have forgotten at this stage where he is supposed to be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

LynnGrace wrote: »
    I remember reading at the time of the court case, it was mentioned that he would return in the New Year. I have forgotten at this stage where he is supposed to be?

He's supposed to be in Germany I think? :confused:
    He returns to Weatherfield for filming in February.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/coronation-street-michael-le-vell-2903739

ETA: Yes, it seems Bill had a heart attack in Germany and Kevin went to take are of him.
    I don't even remember Bill leaving :o

Bill sort of petered out ages ago with Molly's nutty Aunt. Remember her?

Denis bless him will be no loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Starting on TV3 for those that missed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

Why is Tina wearing a Tent

Molly's Aunt......she always had a big ol handbag filled with ham :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭sok2005

Dennis in whitewashed jeans, seriously could barely keep my tea down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭Radio5

Really poor episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

Radio5 wrote: »
    Really poor episode.
    Been a lot of those recently. :(
    I tend to go through phases of watching and then not watching when it gets crap.
    Think it is getting close to a not watching time again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Jesus Katie completely blended into the dark walls when she came down the stairs in Anna s house....until she smiled!! The colour of her!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Been a lot of those recently. :(
    I tend to go through phases of watching and then not watching when it gets crap.
    Think it is getting close to a not watching time again.

Same here. I missed last nights episode, and most of last week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement