Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Steve's friend was in Emmerdale before was she??

• Registered Users Posts: 86,258 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

road_high wrote: »
    Steve's friend was in Emmerdale before was she??

Deliah Dingle

Michelle pissing me of that face she always moaning about something

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Liz and Michelle make fun of Steve for wanting to better his education to help his daughter with homework. Now they're riding his back because he's made a friend who lives beyond six doors down the street and is an attractive woman. Then when there's no specific thing they're nagging about, they take every opportunity to berate him in front of his customers, friends and daughter. I honestly don't see what happiness Steve can get out of living with the pair of judgmental, mean-spirited, cackling witches.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭dixiedan

Steve's ma and his girlfriend come across as a right pair of ignoramuses ! They probably can't think of a world beyond The Red Rec or Bessie Street and don't seem to comprehend Steve wants to catch up on his education :mad:

And I hate the accent of that Liz wan :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

Jikashi wrote: »
    Liz and Michelle make fun of Steve for wanting to better his education to help his daughter with homework. Now they're riding his back because he's made a friend who lives beyond six doors down the street and is an attractive woman. Then when there's no specific thing they're nagging about, they take every opportunity to berate him in front of his customers, friends and daughter. I honestly don't see what happiness Steve can get out of living with the pair of judgmental, mean-spirited, cackling witches.

Liz is Liz: she is a 2 dimensional character with all the depth of a summer puddle. Michelle on the other hand has no excuse for being so horrible to Steve. She's rotten. Don't like her anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,258 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So who is Tina spending Christmas with? Would she not go visit her mother?

FFS why exactly is Kylie so mad and angry????????

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,189 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It's really very poor at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

Was it just me or was that Andrea one horrifically unattractive.
    Same as the fitness instructor, I don't get why they keep persisting with this "so attractive" myth when the characters involved really are not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

Hey everyone just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Christmas. Here's to Corrie having better episodes in the New Year :D

• Advertisement

the producer that was on emmerdale till last year is now in coronation his name is Stuart Blackburn and he is piss poor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Was it just me or was that Andrea one horrifically unattractive.
    Same as the fitness instructor, I don't get why they keep persisting with this "so attractive" myth when the characters involved really are not.

I liked her, something very attractive about her to me (male, 43).

That said I seriously hope Steve doesn't cheat on Michelle, if he does then it's just very tired lazy writing.
    the producer that was on emmerdale till last year is now in coronation his name is Stuart Blackburn and he is piss poor

Not sure if he's fully responsible but it's been awful the past 8-10 months. It's all about people cheating on each other now, and there's a total lack of continuation in every "major story".

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Rule 1 at Acting School, when playing the part of a fitness instructor.

When coming on to a scene, or when conducting an ordinary conversation in a Pub or shop, make absolutely sure to keep jogging on the spot, or performing aerobic stretching exercises. When supervising your clients in the Red Rec (or indeed any other colour of Rec), make sure you prance around with elbows and knees pumping vigorously.

Otherwise, your audience will completely forget what the hell you are doing in the show in the first place.

A very Happy Christmas to all the posters on this thread, patiently waiting for a great storyline to appear, possibly in 2014.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

Isnt it ridiculous how little the characters are made out to know about eachother. For example eve, having known and even dated for some time, nick for almost 2 years just finds out he lived in Canada.

Also the other day, tina just suddenly finds out off carla that peter was a marine man.

Surely such facts would be known about eachother. Very silly. What do they talk about!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Did Leannes bruise just move from one side of her face to the other?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Seamo87

Good episode from Corrie, had a bit of everything which is perfect for xmas day episode. Makes a nice change from the constant misery of Eastenders!

Yes, because affairs, family feuds, domestic assaults, cancer and homeless shelters are so cheery! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,909 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Yes, because affairs, family feuds, domestic assaults, cancer and homeless shelters are so cheery! ;)

Gone are the days where Les knocks down a turkey with his car :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Seamo87

You didn't laugh when Sally got her face shoved into a dollop of cream?...or at least smiled a little at that?!!:)

Cancer? They didn't exactly make us want to curl up and cry in the corner with that one, Roy and Hayley enjoyed themselves!!!!:D There was even a snow fight!

The affair storyline is rubbish, but it was a good episode overall.

Meh, i disagree. The whole muddled up platt storyline , the patronising of steve by Liz and michelle and Tinas ridiculous tantrums and fake tan have ruined corrie of late. And this episode showed no let up. A pie in the face routine is very original i must admit and i havent topped laughing since. . . . . . . . . . . . . But i am just disgruntled by the inconsistencies, the making up storylines as they go along and the FRIGGING FAKE TAN!!

It was a boring to average hour at most.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Best comedy bit in ages:

Sally: Setting the table for three on Christmas Day, it makes you wonder if it's worth bothering.

Tim: Faye'll probably come round so it's back to four.

Sophie: Actually I won't be here so it's back to three.

Sally: Pardon?

Sophie: I volunteered to help out at the soup kitchen.

Sally: You whaaa? Where's your Christmas spirit.

:D

If that qualifies as the best comedic piece in ages, it kind of sums up corrie though at the moment!!!

Not enough norris in my opion.

And god they miss Blanch. Once dennis leaves (never really fitted in, but not the worst), there is a big gap to be filled in the senior citizens cast and hopefully they will draft in some. Jack, Blanch, Betty, Bill Webster, Roys mum, and the con artist (audreys fella) all gone in pastt few years.
    i think they roadtested Mr Blarney and Mrs Leprechaun (ie michelles ridiculously portrayed irish parentsE recently with major fail.

Perhaps marys mother could be an addition . She could take a fancy to norris. That would play out well comedically on screen in my opinion.

I reckon the girl who pushed Sally's face into the cream and who Sophie was speaking to will make another reappearance. Sort of a Becky II if you will.

It's the kind of tired thing that they'll try in Corrie.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

A lot of people have been bitching in recent months about the 'fake tans' now commonplace in Corrie. I don't think they are fake, they are just an example of lack of professionalism among the younger members of the Corrie cast, Tina, Katie, David, etc.
    These actors are very highly paid, and they get long breaks between filming commitments. They seem to make little effort to prepare themselves for convincing appearance when they return to the set from winter holidays in far away sunny climates. This wouldn't be tolerated in proper studios - real actors will often endure strict diets and make other sacrifices to ensure they look right for their part. But many of these are not real actors, and they are not taken to task when they turn up for filming, not fit for purpose.

No, its definitely fake tan. She is orange ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I'm only popping in and out of corrie at the mo. Am just wondering who bruised Leanne's face?

I agree with posts saying corrie is very poor at the moment. Very poor storyline continuity IMHO
    I also cannot stand Liz, a truly vile character . They've ruined Michelle as s character too sadly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Lisha wrote: »
    I'm only popping in and out of corrie at the mo. Am just wondering who bruised Leanne's face?

I agree with posts saying corrie is very poor at the moment. Very poor storyline continuity IMHO
    I also cannot stand Liz, a truly vile character . They've ruined Michelle as s character too sadly

Nick hit her, I missed the actual scene so maybe someone else can fill you in on the circumstances! Agree with you on the Michelle and Liz stuff, but I do have a soft spot for Steve :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Tasden wrote: »
    Nick hit her, I missed the actual scene so maybe someone else can fill you in on the circumstances! Agree with you on the Michelle and Liz stuff, but I do have a soft spot for Steve :)

Poor Leanne she might be a moany cow but to be fair life constantly goes pear shaped on her.
    I like Steve too, he is great at the comedy skits especially with Eileen .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

My fave duo! I loved when Steve was with Tracey actually as well and after when they lived together cause she wouldn't leave, very funny stuff

• Advertisement

Poor Leanne she might be a moany cow but to be fair life constantly goes pear shaped on her.

If she had married Nick 12 months ago instead of telling Peter Barlow she's prepared to have her skimpies hanging off his bedpost whilst he puffs gently on a post-coital cancer stick, then this mess wouldn't have happened.

She'd be happy with Nick & depositing "Our Si" off at any house in t'Street that will have him, instead Nick is physicially abusing her with an old fashioned back of the hand, and he's emotionally abusing us viewers with his pathetic acting of a "man on the edge".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement