Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,261 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Red Kev wrote: »
    I reckon the girl who pushed Sally's face into the cream and who Sophie was speaking to will make another reappearance. Sort of a Becky II if you will.

It's the kind of tired thing that they'll try in Corrie.

I wonder who will take in the strays once Hayley kicks the bucket, I cant see Sally offering to take her in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Seamo87

Meh, i disagree. The whole muddled up platt storyline , the patronising of steve by Liz and michelle and Tinas ridiculous tantrums and fake tan have ruined corrie of late. And this episode showed no let up. A pie in the face routine is very original i must admit and i havent topped laughing since. . . . . . . . . . . . . But i am just disgruntled by the inconsistencies, the making up storylines as they go along and the FRIGGING FAKE TAN!!

It was a boring to average hour at most.

lol True on Tina, she's a head wrecker at this stage. So you split with your boyfriend, big whoop!!! She's the most aggressive barmaid the rovers has ever seen lol, seems to be pickin fights with everyone these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Hi all, hope you're all enjoying the festive season...sitting on the sofa with all the goodies and the tv remote :).

I enjoyed Corrie the other night. They sure are dragging Kylie's tantrum out for as long as they can though, it's so tiresome.. Pity Nick didn't slap her instead of Leanne. Maybe the writers are making her so unbearable so that the rest of the family will unite to deal with her. A handy way too, to get David back into the family fold.

Not believable this, this change in Tina. Not so long ago she let that Tracy one have the last word over and over again and put up with her jibes but in this episode, we see her following a stupid and drunken Kylie out onto the street to continue a row and have a brawl even after Liz threatened to sack her. Strangely, Liz just showed concern for her after the incident.

Michelle is a cow, simple as. No wonder Steve is afraid to tell her he has a female friend. How embarrassed must he have been when she was so hostile towards her. If your one Andrea had any designs on Steve, she'd be delighted to see Michelle so annoyed, shows she's insecure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

In fairness, steve is a very eligible man and any woman should be lucky to have him and not the other way round, especially that yoke michelle.
    Family man, successful businessman, witty, kind, loyal, generous, one of the lads, a good father, a relatively handsome man, no extreme vices, despite the bit of beer belly . Eager to educate himself, a property portfolio .

I think i have a bit of a man crush on steve actually .

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭LOSTfan57

Michelles hot. Steves doing well for himself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

LOSTfan57 wrote: »
    Michelles hot. Steves doing well for himself

Beauty is only skin deep.
    She's a cow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

Chucken wrote: »
    She's a cow.

the words of a woman :D

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

She's a cow.

Hide deep then.

Im a guy and if you go by logic of beauty over personality, you are a mug.

Michelle isnt the worst personality, but her patronising and ridiculing of steve who is giving her a great life and is a great partner to her, makes her seem like a fool.

Its every scvene now, and its ridiculous.

I hope he throws her in the gutter and shacks up with the Dingle one and then we will see how beautiful she is and how funny she is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

I missed the 1st minute. What did the doctor say to Hayley?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

I missed the 1st minute. What did the doctor say to Hayley?

Its more aggressive than they thought and has spread to her liver so she won't have long left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Way too emotional for coronation street tonight. My heart is broken for Roy

In fairness, steve is a very eligible man and any woman should be lucky to have him and not the other way round, especially that yoke michelle.
    Family man, successful businessman, witty, kind, loyal, generous, one of the lads, a good father, a relatively handsome man, no extreme vices, despite the bit of beer belly . Eager to educate himself, a property portfolio .

I think i have a bit of a man crush on steve actually .

TBF though Steve did cheat on Michelle with Becky so she is bound to wary of his friendship with Andrea this time around after last time being hurt

jesus corrie is very depressing tonight

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    TBF though Steve did cheat on Michelle with Becky so she is bound to wary of his friendship with Andrea this time around after last time being hurt

But when you think of it she was at the same old nagging, arms folded, rolling eyes craic back then before he went off with Becky, no niceness about her at all apart from her appearance. I think Becky was a refreshing alternative at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Auntie Corrie

Happy holiday season everybody,

I just thought that everybody here would like to know that I have posted over 1,000 consecutive episodes of Classic Coronation Street on Youtube.

Starting with April 1976, you can watch every episode up to April 1986 (and growing). These were rebroadcast in the 1990's on Granada Plus.

Complete and with no advertisements...

Cheers, Auntie Corrie

ps - I watch the current Corrie, but it is really terrible. I really hate it nowadays...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

I haven't read through every post recently but did anyone else get a lump in their throat at the Croppers Snow Couple? I thought it was a lovely but sad part the other night.
    And poor Hayley just breaking down in the queue for the Panto tickets - like it all hit her like a slap :(
    I think her passing is going to be one of Corrie's most saddest screenings :(

Ann22 wrote: »
    But when you think of it she was at the same old nagging, arms folded, rolling eyes craic back then before he went off with Becky, no niceness about her at all apart from her appearance. I think Becky was a refreshing alternative at the time.

I did like Steve and Becky together

I just thought that everybody here would like to know that I have posted over 1,000 consecutive episodes of Classic Coronation Street on Youtube.

Starting with April 1976, you can watch every episode up to April 1986 (and growing). These were rebroadcast in the 1990's on Granada Plus.

Cheers, Auntie Corrie

ps - I watch the current Corrie, but it is really terrible. I really hate it nowadays...

I actually came across your videos a couple of days ago, was very surprised. Well done, seems like a great collection.

Cheers, Auntie Corrie

Thanks for letting us all know. I love taking trips down memory lane. The first episode I properly watched was the one when it all came out about Mike and Deirdre..but I did see bits of it before. I remember the scene where Deirdre sat up in her hospital bed and checked baby Tracy, imagine. Think I was curious to see what she looked like without her specs.

• Advertisement

So there is rumours now of
    Tina becoming preggers by Rob or Peter

Ah, the whole brilliant carla/hayley friendship . If carlas this emotional after 3 months of communication with her, god knows how she would feel if she knew her for a few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Cheers, Auntie Corrie

Dear Auntie Corrie,

A few years ago I emmigrated to the Czech Republic, and had no way of watching my beloved but occasionally crap Corrie. I was lucky enough to find someone who set up a youtube channel delivering just what I wanted. Unfortunately Granada shut the channel down for copyright infringement. I am sure all users of the channel were very annoyed. There were regularly comments saying thanks from literally all over the world. China, Canada, Africa, everywhere. Granada wanted to encourage the use of its iPlayer or what ever its called, and didnt like this rival. channel. Short sighted twits. Do you not think if I could access the dedicated stream I would?

Anyway, a word of warning, be careful advertising your channel online. Granada will be sending you a cease and decease letter or get you shut down altogether.

Back on topic:

Is it just me, but every-time Roy pops his head around the door of hayleys room, do you hope he is carrying a 9mm Beretta to put hayley out of her and (our) misery. I don't mean to be cruel I really dont. But this prolonged death is really not fun. Could she not have gone to Africa and been eaten or bitten by something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

WTF is up with Carla ? Can't she just respect Roy's request to stay away, then she sits there and insults him about the bag.

It's not as if her and Hayley are big mates, apart from the dress they've had no connection outside the factory, if she had any friendship with her Hayley wouldn't keep calling her "Mrs. Connor/Barlow".

Carla thinks she's Hayley's best mate, she should respect Roy's wishes that Hayley shouldn't be disturbed instead of bulling in in top of her, Fizz did.

Tina 'I can't trust myself'.....does she mean she can't trust herself to resist? That she is actually trying to keep away from Peter??? My a*se she is.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Duvetdays

Gotta love Tracey to Liz; if looks could kill you'd be choking on your split ends

Think I'll file that one away for future use!

Don't switch channels -its on until 8:30!

syklops wrote: »
    Dear Auntie Corrie,

A few years ago I emmigrated to the Czech Republic, and had no way of watching my beloved but occasionally crap Corrie. I was lucky enough to find someone who set up a youtube channel delivering just what I wanted. Unfortunately Granada shut the channel down for copyright infringement. I am sure all users of the channel were very annoyed. There were regularly comments saying thanks from literally all over the world. China, Canada, Africa, everywhere. Granada wanted to encourage the use of its iPlayer or what ever its called, and didnt like this rival. channel. Short sighted twits. Do you not think if I could access the dedicated stream I would?

Anyway, a word of warning, be careful advertising your channel online. Granada will be sending you a cease and decease letter or get you shut down altogether.

Back on topic:

Is it just me, but every-time Roy pops his head around the door of hayleys room, do you hope he is carrying a 9mm Beretta to put hayley out of her and (our) misery. I don't mean to be cruel I really dont. But this prolonged death is really not fun. Could she not have gone to Africa and been eaten or bitten by something?

But these are old episodes, they're not available on iplayer are they? They might turn a blind eye.

I too find it dragging out a bit, they've had quite a few heartbreaking scenes worthy of a last special moment. There's enough misery and death in the real world without having it every night in Corrie.

Ann22 wrote: »
    But these are old episodes, they're not available on iplayer are they? They might turn a blind eye.

I too find it dragging out a bit, they've had quite a few heartbreaking scenes worthy of a last special moment. There's enough misery and death in the real world without having it every night in Corrie.

You should be alright with the old one's. I'm sure Granada still own the rights to them, but their not going to be releasing them on DVD or anything so there essentially worthless to them. It's only newer episodes that they'd care about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Looked and sounded like the doctor delivering Hayley's news was late cos she was helping herself to the morphine

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement