Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭dixiedan

Ah Jaysus!! Is this for real ?? Did Carla and Hayley know each other really for more than 5 minutes ffs :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

What a palava Roy made about the flippin bag, jeez!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

jimmyw wrote: »

I've always thought that Roy has Aspergers or some other type of social interaction issue so for him losing things, particularly his bag with his bits and bobs at an already stressful time would be a big deal for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Ann22 wrote: »
    But these are old episodes, they're not available on iplayer are they? They might turn a blind eye.

I too find it dragging out a bit, they've had quite a few heartbreaking scenes worthy of a last special moment. There's enough misery and death in the real world without having it every night in Corrie.

That channel had older episodes too and he asked could he keep the old ones up and they said "No, its all our content. Screw you". Paraphrased of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

jimmyw wrote: »

The bag is so much a part of Roy, I remember when he first appeared in Corrie, he used to live in a flat, and one of the noticeable things was that he always had the doorkey attached to the bag. It was hard to know what way the character would shape at that stage. Now he is such a part of the Street, it wouldn't be the same without him. I hate the fact that Hayley is going to die, she is such a good person, and they are such a really good couple.
    I thought Carla barging in on her tonight was ridiculous, and not really something a friend would do. Then again, Carla had to be elsewhere while Peter and Tina got carried away :P. I don't like that storyline either, it is not true to either of the characters involved.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,189 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Carla and Hayley were held hostage together. I guess that would give them a fairly strong connection. They have always been a support to each other since that.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,261 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

At least Tina was crying and seemed guilty, Peter don't give a sh*t and his missus upset as her friend dying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    At least Tina was crying and seemed guilty, Peter don't give a sh*t and his missus upset as her friend dying

Tina was crying because she had to leave the now married, Peters bed. Nothing to do with Haley.

syklops wrote: »
    Tina was crying because she had to leave the now married, Peters bed. Nothing to do with Haley.

I thought Tina was crying out of guilt

I quite like Hayley and Carla's friendship, they become close after the Frank Foster saga

And he bundled Roy out the door asap, despite having heard him tell Carla how ill Hayley was, a short time before. It just doesn't ring true for me (yes I know it's a soap :o). I like Carla and Peter as a couple, they have had really hard times in their respective pasts, and deserve a bit of happiness. I wish Peter wasn't leaving. I think that has led into this ridiculous storyline. Ah well, :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I'm sick to my stomach after watching that. Yeah, I did think it was rude and very self centred of Carla to shove past Roy and leap onto Hayley's bed but at the same time she does care about her and to see Peter and Tina having it away while this was going on was horrible. They both should be ashamed of themselves and I've no pity for Tina sitting blubbering about it now, she chased him for long enough.

I've a new laptop with Windows 8 and I can't put smilies in or work the spoilers....I wanted to put about 10 angry faces in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

God now Michelle is making fun of Steve in front of his friends for a mere expression he used? Then she not-too-subtly gives his table the stink-eye for the whole evening just for having a female friend. I really preferred him and Becky; brash as she tended to be, she was at least a nice person.

Peter saw how adamant Roy was about Carla visiting Hayley, so when he and Tina started going at it, twice, as far as Peter knew, Carla could have returned in literally minutes, had she complied to Roy's wishes and not found Peter in the Rovers. So when he said Carla would be out for the night, he did so knowing this would likely not be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,973 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

How is kens absence been explained?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

I'm sick to my stomach after watching that. Yeah, I did think it was rude and very self centred of Carla to shove past Roy and leap onto Hayley's bed but at the same time she does care about her and to see Peter and Tina having it away while this was going on was horrible. They both should be ashamed of themselves and I've no pity for Tina sitting blubbering about it now, she chased him for long enough.

I've a new laptop with Windows 8 and I can't put smilies in or work the spoilers....I wanted to put about 10 angry faces in.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    ^Hope that helps. ;)
    stevieob wrote: »
    How is kens absence been explained?

He's in Canada looking after a relative.

Jikashi wrote: »
    God now Michelle is making fun of Steve in front of his friends for a mere expression he used? Then she not-too-subtly gives his table the stink-eye for the whole evening just for having a female friend. I really preferred him and Becky; brash as she tended to be, she was at least a nice person.

I never particularly liked Michelle. I think the sneering at Steve by Michelle and Liz was intended to be funny, at the start, but didnt work, in my opinion.
    Becky and Steve were better together, and going way back, I loved Steve and Karen, as a couple, great chemistry between them, and never a dull moment, when they were together.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Afroshack

I really don't get the Peter-Tina thing. It's just not in the slightest bit believable. In fact, it's kind of infuriating how poorly planned and thrown-in the whole thing looks. And Deirdre letting Tracey move Rob in after they break her window and trash her house? WTF???

Liz threatening Peter :p scary stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I was delighted to see Liz threatening Peter.. I wanted to slap his brazen face. I like her hair colour. It's too much when she has it all down in waves but it's nice pinned up.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

I bet Nick has a nice singing voice. He's certainly got legs like a linnet. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Oliverdog wrote: »
    I bet Nick has a nice singing voice. He's certainly got legs like a linnet. :D

I was just going to say something similar :D

They're sooooo skinny!!

• Advertisement

Oliverdog wrote: »
    Rule 1 at Acting School, when playing the part of a fitness instructor.

When coming on to a scene, or when conducting an ordinary conversation in a Pub or shop, make absolutely sure to keep jogging on the spot, or performing aerobic stretching exercises. When supervising your clients in the Red Rec (or indeed any other colour of Rec), make sure you prance around with elbows and knees pumping vigorously.

Otherwise, your audience will completely forget what the hell you are doing in the show in the first place.

:D I kept thinking of this post when watching last night's episode today.

Liz threatening Peter :p scary stuff

She was channelling Jim, so she was ;). I thought that scene was very funny. I am always amused at this in soapland-Liz told Tina she would take over from her, and then immediately followed her into the back room for a heart to heart.
    Does the person left tending the bar, in this case Michelle, have to check with the customers what they have already ordered from the other two staff, before they disappeared? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭FreshKnickers

I'm sure the customers will let her know quick enough. Especially if they've already paid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭wdmfapq4zs83hv

The whole Tina/ Peter storyline is really ridiculous. Ok they had to get rid of Tommy in a hurry but she could have at least looked like she cared for more than two minutes! This is supposed to be the love of her life, the man who she became a surrogate to pay his debts! - Speaking of which has she completely forgotton her baby!! That was quick considering how devastated she was at having to give him back. (and where the hell is the baby & Gary & Izzy these days,,) Shes never given Peter a 2nd look before & all of a sudden shes completely changed character & started stalking him! Also since when have Tina & Carla been best friends, they never said two words to eachother, now theyre best mates.

I love the Hayley / Roy storyline. They're great actors (Roy in particular) & Im looking forward to seeing them act out her final scenes. When Hayley said "soon" to Roy asking her when she might be planning on departing, I actually cried. It was heartbreaking. Will be very interesting to see what happens with Roys character after Hayley is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I was hoping that Becky would do a special return to say goodbye to Hayley.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

. Will be very interesting to see what happens with Roys character after Hayley is gone.

I keep thinking he will take in the girl from the shelter.

deelite wrote: »
    I was hoping that Becky would do a special return to say goodbye to Hayley.

Yes, that would be good. I don't think she was even mentioned, once she left, but in the context of this story, it would make sense that they would mention contacting her.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I reckon Roy and Mary will get together when Hayley dies. (I don't mean straight away, but eventually..)

I, too, don't buy into this Tina and Peter storyline...since when did the babysitting thing become an actual thing?
    Did I miss that whole episode?

And she's never even acknowledged his existence before now.
    She also has never even spoken to Carla and now they're best friends. Another thing...Carla is constantly talking about Tina, suggesting to Peter that she look after Simon etc etc..she's talking about Tina wayyy too much for it all to be believable.

I love Michelle's hair. Went through a phase of hating her styles but now I loves it.

Why does Fiz move her eyeballs all over the place when she's feeling emotional?
    She does this cross-eyed thing and her eyes go mental. She also talks as if she has no teeth.

No, the whole story of Peter and Tina is very poor. It makes no sense. From hardly knowing one another, to suddenly gazing soulfully around corners of the Street/ through windows, at one another, then taking their opportunity while Carla is visiting Hayley. Nobody could be that shallow...even in soapland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Roy & Mary getting together is a definite possibility I'd say. They have probably enough in common to make it a convincing storyline.
    Roy would be a very difficult character to write out, as he doesn't really engage in many of the things that are conventionally used to get rid of characters, e.g. travelling overseas or changing jobs.
    Tina and Peter story is beyond daft.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement