Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

duridian wrote: »
    Roy & Mary getting together is a definite possibility I'd say. They have probably enough in common to make it a convincing storyline.
    Roy would be a very difficult character to write out, as he doesn't really engage in many of the things that are conventionally used to get rid of characters, e.g. travelling overseas or changing jobs.
    Tina and Peter story is beyond daft.

I would hate if Roy left. I think he will continue to play a central part, due to owning the cafe etc. The story of Hayley dying is so sad, I think both actors are playing a blinder, they make it so believable. I have to remind myself, at times, that she is not dying, just moving on from the Street!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

LynnGrace wrote: »
    I would hate if Roy left. I think he will continue to play a central part, due to owning the cafe etc. The story of Hayley dying is so sad, I think both actors are playing a blinder, they make it so believable. I have to remind myself, at times, that she is not dying, just moving on from the Street!

I tink Roy is coping worse than Hayley. Both actors indeed playing very well. Did you ever hear Roy talkin in real life? He has a slight cockney twang, which is funny ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

There was a moment during Roy's driving test where the lady examiner gave him a look. I can't remember was he looking at her too, but I had a feeling that with that look she saw a different Roy compared to him as he got into the car. Once the initial couple of weeks after her death is over he could start obsessing about honouring Hayley's wish for him to pass his test and give it another go thus giving the examiner a chance to move in on him.

Mary is way too obvious I think. She isn't destined to find a man on the street. A fortune teller told me so. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86,261 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I don't think Roy should get with Mary or anyone tbh Hayley is his soulmate and love of his life yes have close friends but none romantic

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I don't think Roy should get with Mary or anyone tbh Hayley is his soulmate and love of his life yes have close friends but none romantic

I agree. I can see Mary trying to help, offering to play chess etc, but I really don't think they should make that a romance. Nobody else 'gets' Roy, like Hayley does, and probably vice versa.

• Advertisement

There was a moment during Roy's driving test where the lady examiner gave him a look. I can't remember was he looking at her too, but I had a feeling that with that look she saw a different Roy compared to him as he got into the car. Once the initial couple of weeks after her death is over he could start obsessing about honouring Hayley's wish for him to pass his test and give it another go thus giving the examiner a chance to move in on him.

Mary is way too obvious I think. She isn't destined to find a man on the street. A fortune teller told me so. :D

Yes, I can imagine Roy doing something like that, or travelling a little, because Hayley liked to do that, but I don't see him romancing anyone else. Mary wouldn't suit him, in my opinion.

deelite wrote: »
    I was hoping that Becky would do a special return to say goodbye to Hayley.

She should make a once off appearance, does she even know Hayley is dying

bazarakus wrote: »
    I tink Roy is coping worse than Hayley. Both actors indeed playing very well. Did you ever hear Roy talkin in real life? He has a slight cockney twang, which is funny ...

Yes. There was a programme about Becky shown yesterday evening, made in 2012, and Roy and Hayley talked a good bit on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,909 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I don't think I have ever heard anyone introduce themselves as the celebrant of a funeral with such cheeriness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

How ridiculous was that, the celebrant of hayleys funeral to just prance in, smiling cheerfully, and introducing herself to a packed cafe like that. Surely there would be some sort of discretion in such circumstances, just take her aside to introduce herself.

• Advertisement

"Hi everyone, strangers, customers etc, put your bacon baps aside and listen up! when this woman is bown bread ilm going to say a few words! Everyones invited"

what a silly unproffesional way to introduce yourself in my opinion.

Ps im not making light of the story, nor do i expect nor want every scene involving Roy and Hayley to be depressing or tense. But i just found that introduction unrealistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

I loved the bit where hayley revealed she gave tracey the bacon off the floor

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

LynnGrace wrote: »
    but I don't see him romancing anyone else.

I don't think he'll be doing the romancing. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,909 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Holy bananas. Is this the beginning of closure to the whole David storyline? Halla-bleedin'-lujah!!!

Yaaaaaaaaay! They're all cute again!!!!

And Kylie sobered up in record time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I'm actually happy that Kylie and David are back together!

Also, Peter is a sleaze

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Leanne still has the shiner after a week which is doubtful for the slap she got, also the reaction when she flinched was over the top. Also seems she can't use make-up properly. :rolleyes:

Gail was gone for two hours.......Kylie manages to get so drunk on wine that she passes out in two hours....and a few minutes later she's sober. Totally disjointed writing.

Thank Christ Tina walked away, let's hope that story is over, tis sh1te and unbelievable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

In order of how strongly I feel I am sick of:

The sound of the wind
    Roy and Hayley
    Daivd and Kylie
    Nick and Leanne
    Peter and Tina
    Tracey and Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭dixiedan

I wonder when is the Hayley death watch going to reach its conclusion. It's too depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

dixiedan wrote: »
    I wonder when is the Hayley death watch going to reach its conclusion. It's too depressing.

won't be long I'd say - her final scenes are supposed to air this month.

• Advertisement

How ridiculous was that, the celebrant of hayleys funeral to just prance in, smiling cheerfully, and introducing herself to a packed cafe like that. Surely there would be some sort of discretion in such circumstances, just take her aside to introduce herself.

My exact thoughts. Not a screed of discretion! Surely it would be enough to say her name, not announce to the cafe that she was Hayley's funeral celebrant!
    I thought the scenes after that were good, especially about Hayley giving Tracy the bacon that fell on the floor. (Who would want to miss that opportunity!)
    Roy said it was a health and safety issue...then agreed she did the right thing. Tracy did some unforgivable stuff to them, over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Holy bananas. Is this the beginning of closure to the whole David storyline? Halla-bleedin'-lujah!!!

Probably in another week or two
    Nick will find his razor again and the whole "vengeance of David" business will all be forgotten faster than Ken.
    :D

I think David will go off now with Katy or her friend that works in the Bistro

Red Kev wrote: »

Gail was gone for two hours.......Kylie manages to get so drunk on wine that she passes out in two hours....and a few minutes later she's sober. Totally disjointed writing.
    And the bottle of wine wasn't even full, so she would hardly be that deeply asleep that Max couldn't wake her, or that she wouldn't hear the baby crying. Especially as it could be heard on the street... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

fussyonion wrote: »

Why does Fiz move her eyeballs all over the place when she's feeling emotional?
    She does this cross-eyed thing and her eyes go mental. She also talks as if she has no teeth.

You've just put into words the thing about Fizz that annoys me so much. I remember that whole time over her mad teacher husband - she was at it all the time. Mad stary eyes..and she wobbles her mouth...and yes she speaks like a gummy person, she has tiny little teeth I suppose.

Leanne's a gobshte, why'd she jump out of her skin there, I mean, it was obvious the other day that Nick was about to blow a fuse before he slapped her. He wasn't even riled there and she jumped.

I'm only halfway through tonight's first episode...looking like Kylie has post natal depressiohn.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

I don't think I have ever heard anyone introduce themselves as the celebrant of a funeral with such cheeriness.

Now THAT was ridiculous and unbelievable! Announcing to all and
    sundry that she was to perform Hayley's funeral service!! Who writes this tosh??? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

brooke 2 wrote: »
    Now THAT was ridiculous and unbelievable! Announcing to all and
    sundry that she was to perform Hayley's funeral service!! Who writes this tosh??? :(

I've never met a Humanist priest-like chick so do not how they behave.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I wonder will Rob and Deirdre have a one night stand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

deelite wrote: »
    I wonder will Rob and Deirdre have a one night stand?

You mean will he stuff her marrow??? ;D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

Ann22 wrote: »
    You've just put into words the thing about Fizz that annoys me so much. I remember that whole time over her mad teacher husband - she was at it all the time. Mad stary eyes..and she wobbles her mouth...and yes she speaks like a gummy person, she has tiny little teeth I suppose.

Do you not remember the live tram crash episode where fizz gave birth, and the abuse she got over the state of her teeth, wouldnt blame her for hiding them after what was said

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement