Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for a video convertor for iPad 2 videos

• 21-08-2013 1:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭

OK.

I have an iPad 2 which I use for videos a bit. However recently the videos I've been putting on it are at higher resolution than the iPad is happy to play. I get the " this iPad is not fast enough to play this file" message.

As I can't really check the quality in advance of downloading the files, I'm looking for a app for Mac that will downgrade the resolution of the videos so that they work OK on the iPad.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

OK.

I have an iPad 2 which I use for videos a bit. However recently the videos I've been putting on it are at higher resolution than the iPad is happy to play. I get the " this iPad is not fast enough to play this file" message.

As I can't really check the quality in advance of downloading the files, I'm looking for a app for Mac that will downgrade the resolution of the videos so that they work OK on the iPad.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Hand brake?
    http://handbrake.fr/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,304 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

fox007 wrote: »
    Agreed. Handbrake will suit your purpose. Also, Handbrake is one of the few applications that will use all of your CPU cores (most other programs only use one core, and thus takes ages).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

the_syco wrote: »
    Agreed. Handbrake will suit your purpose. Also, Handbrake is one of the few applications that will use all of your CPU cores (most other programs only use one core, and thus takes ages).

Great I'll get that now. Is there any particular settings I need for the iPad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

What player are you using on the iPad?
    I use cinexplayer and its played pretty much everything I've thrown at it

Usually VLC player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,304 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Great I'll get that now. Is there any particular settings I need for the iPad?
    There's an iPad preset to the top right that would probably suit you.

268448.JPG

For Mac OS X 10.6 / 10.7 / 10.8: http://handbrake.fr/rotation.php?file=HandBrake-0.9.9-MacOSX.6_GUI_x86_64.dmg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,801 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I use Moliplayer HD on the ipad and its handled everything I've thrown at it so far

fox007 wrote: »
    There's an iPad preset to the top right that would probably suit you.

268448.JPG

For Mac OS X 10.6 / 10.7 / 10.8: http://handbrake.fr/rotation.php?file=HandBrake-0.9.9-MacOSX.6_GUI_x86_64.dmg
    lertsnim wrote: »
    I use Moliplayer HD on the ipad and its handled everything I've thrown at it so far

Many thanks, Have downloaded Cinexplayer and Moliplayer along with handbrake so hopefully this is the end of my problems.

Advertisement