Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday lunch in Tallaght ideas

Options
  • 21-08-2013 1:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone, sorry if this has already been asked, but I searched some threads and couldn't find what I was looking for.

It's my Mam's birthday soon and I'd love to take her for Sunday lunch somewhere in the Tallaght area.

I'm not really looking for pubs that do carveries, as we might like to try something else to eat.
    I guess I'm looking for somewhere nice that does steaks/seafood/noodles/stir-fries..that kinda thing.

I'm not looking for anything specific and it doesn't have to be a certain cuisine; I'd like someplace that offers a varied menu.
    Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭sinead81

I live in Dublin 24 and I find it a bit of a struggle to find a nice local place for brunch/lunch/dinner that is not a chinese, fast food place or a pub that does carveries! Will be interested to see what people come back with......

My recommendation would be Avoca in Saggart anyway!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I'd second Avoca, treat her for her birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 basketmon

anvil in saggart is lovely

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

If you're dead set on Tallaght, you could try http://www.intervalbistro.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭sinead81

The problem with Tallaght is that it is so built up that the village feel is gone. Anvil looks nice in Saggart!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Is the blazing grill still there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Lemongrass in CityWest is very nice. Was there a few weeks back, food was very tasty.Setting is nice and quiet, plenty of parking and you can go for a walk around the hotel or pop in for a drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Thanks so much for your replies everyone!

I like the sound of The Anvil and I was thinking of The Blazin' Grill, too.
    I'll have a look at their menus and I'll choose from there.
    I'll let you know if it was nice!

Thanks again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

I would highly recommend the Anvil.
    Avoca for a sit down, table service can be expensive and a little overrated.
    The blazin grill is not bad, do not know if it is place to treat the mother.
    Lemongrass has lovely food, If its packed, it is just to noisy.

Ps The Anvil I would book, it is a busy little spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Really like The Blazing Grill (at dinner time anyway, don't know if it's a different menu at lunch though) and it always seems pretty busy, even on weeknights. It's the really only place in that part of Tallaght that's not Chinese/Asian food, even if they do do a good stirfry.

If you are looking a Chinese/Asian restaurant, though, Tamara (beside the Blazing Grill) have a pretty good Sunday lunch menu and it's a nicely-decorated place as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I can't thank you enough for your recommendations.
    The Sunday lunch bit has now changed to Saturday lunch and it's between The Anvil and Lemongrass now.

I'm dying to try The Blazin' Grill but we'll do it another night.

Advertisement