Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Payment System ( No Merchant Acccount)

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

One of my customers added PayPal to his existing Realex payment method, and gets great results with it. I would never advise anyone to use PayPal Express though, it's a horrible implementation and in my opinion confuses and frustrates users almost as much as 3-D (Not) Secure. Even when my clients use PayPal Pro, which mandates Express, I advise them (carefully) not to use it. You actually have to break Magento to do this. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

rovoagho wrote: »
    One of my customers added PayPal to his existing Realex payment method, and gets great results with it. I would never advise anyone to use PayPal Express though, it's a horrible implementation and in my opinion confuses and frustrates users almost as much as 3-D (Not) Secure. Even when my clients use PayPal Pro, which mandates Express, I advise them (carefully) not to use it. You actually have to break Magento to do this. :)

Cheers.

If only PayPal Pro was available here. I want to offer my customers both PayPal and an alternative credit card option. The PayPal Express gateway on shopify is absolutely horridly confusing.

What increase in sales did your client achieve?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

You don't need PayPal Pro, if someone wants to pay with PayPal they would probably prefer the more visible Standard process anyway.

I don't remember the exact details but I think around 40% of his sales were coming via PayPal after I implemented it. Obviously some of those were simply people switching methods and I don't have data on actual growth, but he was pretty chuffed so I'm assuming there was actually growth.

Just bear in mind that PayPal is generally more expensive, that needs to be factored into margins. I would only every use PayPal as a secondary method, given the choice; and I'd rarely recommend more than two methods.

Advertisement