Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UPC moving house woes

• 21-08-2013 8:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi

Just wondering if anyone can advice me here, So I moved house a week ago and have had some issues getting my UPC working. Initially I rang the house move dept and gave them the address of the house I was looking at to make sure I could get upc there and was told all services were available and the last tenant had all 3 and just bring your modem and plug in and off you go great!

Flash forward a few weeks later after taking the house moving on over the modem wouldn't work so they said they would have to send an engineer. He came yesterday and removed a lock on the cable outside or something but still no signal getting to house, he started to look for where the cables were coming into the house and couldn't find them for a while but looks like they come in next to the front door and he said he needs to get access to them now but they are under tiles so I would need to take up 2 tiles.

Obviously this isn't an ideal solution for me and I asked the landlady and she obviously doesn't want to do this and my worry is that even if we do take up the tiles what if it that wasn't the issue? the tiles were laid over 7 years ago and previous tenants have been using upc since then. Also I was told when moving that the previous tenants had upc which now appears to have been a lie. Would UPC be liable for any costs of us taking up the tiles and then thats not the issue? or has anyone had a similar thing happen to them? Just thinking I should cancel now and get in eircom or something as it doesn't seem worth all this hassle :(

Thanks for any advice

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭kooga

are you out of contract?

if so give your notice and walk away. no way will they cover the tiling etc.

on the upc website you can type in the address you are no living at to see what services are there.

Advertisement