Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving House

Options
  • 21-08-2013 8:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,
    I will be moving house shortly. I have my electricity and gas services with Electric Ireland. The house I am moving to does not have a gas main nearby so I will need to cancel my gas service but maintain my electricity service. What s the easiest way to do this?
    Also, I will be renting out the house I'm currently in - how will that effect the changeover?

Thanks
    D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi daithicam,

All the information you need is on our website here; it covers moving out, moving in and transferring accounts. We also have a dedicated section for landlords and tenants.

The most important thing to do is to make sure you get closing electricity and gas readings when you move out, and an opening electricity reading when you move in. The rest is straightforward. The easiest way to go about it is right here on boards (though I would say that :)) - just send us a PM with all the relevant information and we can look after it for you.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,
    David

Advertisement