Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

.mp4 videos from Galaxy SII not showing in Windows file manager

• 21-08-2013 8:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭

My mother has a Galaxy SII with lots of photos and videos on it. She wants to transfer these to her Windows 7 laptop but when she connects the phone to the laptop and browses to the folder with the photos and videos, only the photos appear in Windows explorer.

These .mp4 video files do appear if she browses to them using on the phone using the SII's own file manager.

Her Android OS is version 4.1.2.

So any ideas why they don't show up in Windows?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

My mother has a Galaxy SII with lots of photos and videos on it. She wants to transfer these to her Windows 7 laptop but when she connects the phone to the laptop and browses to the folder with the photos and videos, only the photos appear in Windows explorer.

These .mp4 video files do appear if she browses to them using on the phone using the SII's own file manager.

Her Android OS is version 4.1.2.

So any ideas why they don't show up in Windows?

Have you the codec installed to see them on your windows machine?

Download k lite codec pack basic and install it, whilst doing so tick what file types you want to associate with media player and it should work then...

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Make sure windows shows hidden file types perhaps? I can't imagine mp4 files being a hidden file type, but will only take a few seconds to find out if that is the problem or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭irishdude11

Cheers, I'll look into those ideas when I get home this evening. One other thing, she forgot to mention to me originally - these files used to show up in Windows Explorer a few weeks ago but one day her Android OS was updated (automatically) and it seems the files haven't been showing since then.

Advertisement