If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3d types passive and active

Options
  • 21-08-2013 9:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

Hi Richersounds , in the market for a 55 inch TV, and as you know 3d seems to be standard these days

I have read the flickering on 3d active can cause headaches and one can see the picture flickering , is this true ?

What type of 3d would you go for if buying a new TV

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

k123456 wrote: »
    Hi Richersounds , in the market for a 55 inch TV, and as you know 3d seems to be standard these days

I have read the flickering on 3d active can cause headaches and one can see the picture flickering , is this true ?

What type of 3d would you go for if buying a new TV

Thanks
    K123456,

you are still on the quest for a TV? It's a bit of a confusing market I guess..

Unfortunately 3D is almost standard in large screen TV at the moment - as most of the TV's in the 50"+ arena tend to be reasonable specification they automatically include 3D in their feature line-up.

Active 3D CAN flicker however as with all electronics it just depends on the quality of the unit and the components employed.

Active 3D still gives you a full 1080 HD picture whilst passive 3D does not - however active flicker can mainly arise (as with standard 2D viewing) from the scan / rescan rate of the particular TV - and of course the quality of the glasses - lots of other issues do arise as well such as angle of viewing etc.

Passive 3D in theory cannot deliver the same level of detail & depth as Active however many, many people refer Passive as it's most stable and most people find it more comfortable to wear and watch ( generally the glasses are easier to wear as they are lighter and of course significantly less expensive)

To be honest I'm not a huge 3D fan, but my own inclination is towards passive, but I really would not decide to base MY TV purchasing decision on the basis of the 3D technology employed - I'd have a look and compare!

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.