Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ibood today only

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I'd be curious what "Recertified as New" means. It sounds to me that it's second hand gear, being compared against new prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

not to mention the legal situation with something "certified as new" but only having a 6 month warranty?

i would have expected that anything being sold as a new product would be liable to a minimum of 12 months warranty under EU law?

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭SmithySeller

Don't OCZ SSD drives have a 5 year warranty? That says something that this has a 6 month warranty!

The Corsair drive I bought last year has a 5 year warranty for sure.

Edit. Vertex 3 have in fact 3 year warranties if new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Don't OCZ SSD drives have a 5 year warranty? That says something that this has a 6 month warranty!

The Corsair drive I bought last year has a 5 year warranty for sure.

Edit. Vertex 3 have in fact 3 year warranties if new.

Yep, there's something fishy about this deal.

I'd rather buy a SAMSUNG 840 Pro or EVO, much quicker access times than the Vertex 3 (data transfer rate hardly matters since your old Macbook only has a SATA II controller).

P.S.: the 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO costs €155 at HWVS.

Advertisement