Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can not update USB 3.0

Options
  • 21-08-2013 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭

Guys, this is starting to get on my nerves.

I am trying to get Display Link working on my Vaio.
    It will not detect the USB device.
    When I run the debugging tool it says there is a known issue with the currently installed driver v2.0.32.0 and I should update it with v2.1.36.0.
    I download the update from Renesas, but when I run it it is trying to update v2.01.032 so does not complete update properly.

Now the obvious solution to me is to first update v2.0.32.0 to v2.01.032 and then do the final update from v2.01.032 to v2.1.36.0.

Problem is, I can not find the v2.01.032 driver anywhere. :confused:

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭invaderzimirl

have you tried removing the driver so you have a unknown device
    then tell it to use the v2.1.36.0 from nothing at all then you shouldn't have any issue with an update process as your doing a clean install to the latest version

hope this makes sense and helps

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

I have tried uninstalling and then installing manually, but the problem is the driver v2.1.36.0 comes as an .exe run with an .iss and not just the driver.

if you have winrar a lolt of the time the EXE is a container and you right click and choose extract to ... and look into the folder your create

worth a try at least, do you have a download location for the exe file?

Tried that just unzips the setup.exe.

I have tried loads of different locations. All have given the same setup.exe.
    I have been onto displaylink forum here with no luck.
    Have also contacted Renesas Europe today and waiting for a reply.

once you unzip the setup you can tell it to use the drive and ignore what windows thinks is the CORRECT driver

• Advertisement

Um, the setup file is an .exe not a .rar though.
    Do you mean rename the .exe to .rar?
    Nope, that didn't work. lol Should have guessed.

just extract the exe file if its correctly compressed its just a folder in a self extraction container to go where it should go. by using winrar you can expand the files manually then get the inf file you need to manually install it
    i have gotten ISA cards working on XP using this method, which is 100% not supported.

How do you extract an .exe??
    Or am I being a bit dumb?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

kleefarr wrote: »
    How do you extract an .exe??

If it is a self-extracting archive, try 7-Zip or Universal Extractor.

It is a .iss file as confirmed by UniEx..

• Advertisement
Advertisement