Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worlds End Tri Castleconnell -Sat 24th

Options
  • 21-08-2013 9:14am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭

bit late in the day, only 3 days to go but there isn't a thread, so anyone doing it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭kevin7

I believe there 300+ doing it! I'll be one!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭c07

kevin7 wrote: »
    I believe there 300+ doing it! I'll be one!

And me...!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

300? wow, didnt think there was that many. sounds pretty good, looking forward to it even more now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Trig1

I'll be there ...

race brief out last night, looks like a seperate T1 and T2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭<bert>

yeah i'll be there....

My brief was not attached to the email? Im guessing it just explains the route?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Great race. I did it last year and really enjoyed it. My favourite so far. Worst race for drafting I've ever seen though. People cycling in bunches, three abreast at times. Made it very difficult to overtake.

<bert> wrote: »
    yeah i'll be there....

My brief was not attached to the email? Im guessing it just explains the route?

the first email was missing the brief, looks like someone forgot to include the attachment, there was a second email a few minutes later with it attached

maybe try your junk mail? if not pm me your address and i can forward it on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Race brief attached

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭<bert>

stevire wrote: »
    Race brief attached

Thanks.
    If we cycle and run in the same shoes we wont need to leave anything at T2 then?

• Advertisement

<bert> wrote: »
    Thanks.
    If we cycle and run in the same shoes we wont need to leave anything at T2 then?
    Just gels/hydration, I'm guessing...

Solobally8 wrote: »
    Great race. I did it last year and really enjoyed it. My favourite so far.

Oh cool.. Looking forward to this. It's a total unknown for me. Doing it with a friend, who's dust I'll be eating!! Ah well..:rolleyes:

What are the cycle and run courses like? Hilly/flat?

c07 wrote: »
    Oh cool.. Looking forward to this. It's a total unknown for me. Doing it with a friend, who's dust I'll be eating!! Ah well..:rolleyes:

What are the cycle and run courses like? Hilly/flat?

cycle realtively flat, small bit of a drag on the road form birdhill to montpelier. run should be flat enough, not a lot of hills in castleconnell

What an enjoyable race (apart from when the rain went from refreshing drizzle to being downright p!ssed on!!).
    Lovely course... Thanks to all involved in the organisation.

Anyone know when/where the results will be published?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 GCMM

The results are on sportstiming.ie

c07 wrote: »
    What an enjoyable race (apart from when the rain went from refreshing drizzle to being downright p!ssed on!!).
    Lovely course... Thanks to all involved in the organisation.

Anyone know when/where the results will be published?

agreed, totally enjoyed the race apart from one issue i pointed out in another thread. the fact it's very local to me played a big part in that, but it was a very well run race and i like that course, first time doing it but it has a nice bike course, flat sections where you can chase people down and a hill which slows those who don;t like to climb. levels things out for the bikers/not runners among us...:)

defo on my calendar for next year again

on to my hometown tri next week. Oly at killaloe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Trig1

Great triathlon, thoroughly Enjoyable, except the swim- got hit and kicked for the whole duration of the swim and as a result I had a very poor swim time... its a narrow course as it is, letting 250+ swimmers go in 1 wave is rediculous, suggestion for next year...waves !!!!! besides that its a nice course, Sort out drafting and waves and there is no reason why it cannot be National Series!!

Trig1 wrote: »
    Great triathlon, thoroughly Enjoyable, except the swim- got hit and kicked for the whole duration of the swim and as a result I had a very poor swim time... its a narrow course as it is, letting 250+ swimmers go in 1 wave is rediculous, suggestion for next year...waves !!!!! besides that its a nice course, Sort out drafting and waves and there is no reason why it cannot be National Series!!

re the swim, there was plenty of room over on the left, had clear water for most of the swim, the downside was we didn't hear the gun and it was only when someone shouted they;re gone that we saw the race had started.

was happy enough with my swim, but it still needs a lot of work. run too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

Great race again, had a decent result but the swim was absolute carnage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Loved the course, good for PBs on the bike and run, definitely on the calendar for next year. Well organised too, no complaints really!

Advertisement