Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tablet screen

Options
  • 21-08-2013 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I have a 7” Android tablet and the screen is cracked. I’m just wondering is it worthwhile to get the sreeen repaired? The tablet did not cost big money first day.

Thanks
    Barr :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,323 ✭✭✭✭phog

Barr wrote: »
    Hi All

I have a 7” Android tablet and the screen is cracked. I’m just wondering is it worthwhile to get the sreeen repaired? The tablet did not cost big money first day.

Thanks
    Barr :)

How much os the repair, will the Tab be as good as new when repaired?

If you can get a "phone repair" shop to do a good cheapish job I'd go for it, at least you're back where you started, a working Tab that didn't cost too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

I haven’t priced any repair places yet. Would anyone have an idea what it costs to get the screen fixed?

I’m hoping it will be as good as new once the screen has been replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭upinthesky

I'm just looking for one myself i have a prestigio multipad and the screen has cracked but everything else is perfect, let me know if you find a place that repairs them.

i have got in touch with prestigio and they said it will cost 60 euro, too expensive for me so i went ahead and took the screen off myself, now i am on the lookout for a new one.

There are some on ebay for 10 euro would they fit? am not sure about that little tape that is at the end anyone know the name of it so i can do some research?

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭legrand

Bump!

I have broken 10" tablet (screen okay but LCD stuffed after it was sat on!). Anyone have name of a company in Dublin area that might fix?
    thanks

• Advertisement

legrand wrote: »
    Bump!

I have broken 10" tablet (screen okay but LCD stuffed after it was sat on!). Anyone have name of a company in Dublin area that might fix?
    thanks
    Would you not try fixing it yourself? You can pick uo the lcd and screen on ebay, then look on you tube to see if anyone is replacing the same screen.

I am doing that at the moment with my nexus 7

lisar816 wrote: »
    Would you not try fixing it yourself? You can pick uo the lcd and screen on ebay, then look on you tube to see if anyone is replacing the same screen.

Ok I had a go at doing this. Found a replacement screen online. Did not purchase it yet though.

I took off the old tablet screen but I have discovered that the glass like panel underneath the tablet screen also has a crack in it :( Would this be difficult/expensive to repair?

Could anyone advise if its worth going any further I should I just bin it at this stage.

Ok I had a go at doing this. Found a replacement screen online. Did not purchase it yet though.

I took off the old tablet screen but I have discovered that the glass like panel underneath the tablet screen also has a crack in it :( Would this be difficult/expensive to repair?

Could anyone advise if its worth going any further I should I just bin it at this stage.
    Is it the lcd that's cracked also? Can you find the same bit that's cracked on ebay,that should give you an idea of price. A nexus 7 with lcd and glass is 45 euro so yours should be alot cheaper

lisar816 wrote: »
    Is it the lcd that's cracked also? Can you find the same bit that's cracked on ebay,that should give you an idea of price. A nexus 7 with lcd and glass is 45 euro so yours should be alot cheaper

It is the panel that is underneath when I took off the old cracked screen. Not sure what it is called. I think its not worth the hassle replacing both screens as the tablet was not very expensive anyways.

• Advertisement

It is the panel that is underneath when I took off the old cracked screen. Not sure what it is called. I think its not worth the hassle replacing both screens as the tablet was not very expensive anyways.
    yes i suppose it all depends on the tablet and how much it originally cost, i have a prestigio 7in tablet and it cost 129 new, but the screen is cracked and they want 60 euro to fix it, i can't find a replacement screen online anywhere so its not worth it.

Advertisement