Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards FSA Champions Cup

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Best of luck today YeatsCounty, it's a must win game for me with 0 points and we have an interesting match-up.

Mr.P:
    Mig
    Clyne, Vidic, Turner
    Townsend, AJ, Michu, Ozil
    Lukaku, Rooney, Suarez (c)

subs: Ravel, Coleman, Hangeland

YeatsCounty: (-4)
    Boruc
    Clyne, Kos, Coleman
    Oscar, Silva, Barkley, Ozil (c)
    Lukaku, Giroud, Suarez

subs: Ravel, Zabaleta

With Yeats doubling up on the Saints defence it looks like I'll want Fulham to score or for Boruc to do something silly. Midfield and Rooney/Giroud is most likely where this tie will be won or lost.

It's refreshing not to have to face Ramsey or Yaya. Best of luck but I need this win to have any chance of even competing for 3rd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Should be a good one this week up against Hackers. Only 4 players in common and different captains.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

Lemlin wrote: »

A loss and I'm all but out. I'll be left sitting on 1 point after 3 games. A win for me though would really open up the group, particularly if greensausage won as well.

ghosttown 6
    itsnotmyfault 3
    Lemlin 1
    greensausage 1

Yeah , this could be an exciting group. I picked up the 3 points last round by default and would be surpsrised if i pick up any more the way my team and the strange decisions i make.

Up against greensausage who like most people has a better team on paper but strangely the only arsenal player we have is ozil and neither of us have him captained.

I have captained Michu(again:eek:) and he has sturridge. He also has rooney,silva and paulinho whereas i need big games from ben arfa, michu and eh chico.

A disasterous season has me outside the top million despite being in the to 1000 the last season. I can't see it getting better.

Best of luck Lemlin, purely to make this group exciting between the 3 of ye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Yeah , this could be an exciting group. I picked up the 3 points last round by default and would be surpsrised if i pick up any more the way my team and the strange decisions i make.

Up against greensausage who like most people has a better team on paper but strangely the only arsenal player we have is ozil and neither of us have him captained.

I have captained Michu(again:eek:) and he has sturridge. He also has rooney,silva and paulinho whereas i need big games from ben arfa, michu and eh chico.

A disasterous season has me outside the top million despite being in the to 1000 the last season. I can't see it getting better.

Best of luck Lemlin, purely to make this group exciting between the 3 of ye.

Trying to lull us into a false sense of security by acting disinterested will not work!

Trying to lull us into a false sense of security by acting disinterested will not work!

:D

it's not that i'm disinterested, i like this game but just that everything i do this season is disasterous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Hadn't looked tat Lucas Hoods team till just now, he doesn't have Suarez:p
    Thank Christ for that anyway
    It's gonna be very close, a clean sheet now for Boruc would be very welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Hadn't looked tat Lucas Hoods team till just now, he doesn't have Suarez:p
    Thank Christ for that anyway
    It's gonna be very close, a clean sheet now for Boruc would be very welcome.
    Yep it's going to be close .
    I'll have Coleman coming off the bench for Vidic .

Hopefully Arnie stays on your bench .

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Yep it's going to be close .
    I'll have Coleman coming off the bench for Vidic .

Hopefully Arnie stays on your bench .

it'll certainly soften the blow if eriksen doesn't play. Boruc clean sheet here and I should be in the driving seat.

Myself and Ghosttown is going to be close. I have 53 with Terry and Oscar left. He has 38 with Michu(c), Ivanovic and a sub for Ferdinand, most likely Zabaleta, to come in. This one will go to the wire I reckon.

A win this week would be superb. Michu is a huge worry though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,840 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Looking at a 3rd defeat in this,

I have 47 (-4) playing 39

Oscar,Townsend,Chico (me) versus Dawson,Michu,Terry,Morrison with a sub to come in,Brady or a Coleman CS,looks like i am truly snookered tbh.

dahat wrote: »
    Looking at a 3rd defeat in this,

I have 47 (-4) playing 39

Oscar,Townsend,Chico (me) versus Dawson,Michu,Terry,Morrison with a sub to come in,Brady or a Coleman CS,looks like i am truly snookered tbh.

A goal from Oscar or Townsend and you'll be sorted. Looks all to play for to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

heading for my first defeat over 20 pts behind. Only chance if michu and townsend run amok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

On 70 against Who_8_Paul on 59, but he has Vidic. If I understand the rules his second sub, who is his first defender sub (if you follow me) is Turner (Cardiff) who will come in for 6 points leaving him only 5 behind.

It all now comes down to Yaya Toure. If he scores less than 5 I finally get a win.

Squeaky bum time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I've definitely already lost to prettyboy81.

3 points from 9 then. Never have had any joy in h2h leagues :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

On 70 against Who_8_Paul on 59, but he has Vidic. If I understand the rules his second sub, who is his first defender sub (if you follow me) is Turner (Cardiff) who will come in for 6 points leaving him only 5 behind.

Turner will jump the queue if Vidic is part of a back 3.
    If your opponent has played 4 (and 3 have played) at the back, then Turner doesn't jump in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

barring a miracle i'm on for my 3rd defeat in this.

my gw is over on 62. opponent has 54 with eriksen, r.morrison and ivanovic to play.

Hogey007 wrote: »

my gw is over on 62. opponent has 54 with eriksen, r.morrison and ivanovic to play.

Here's a full rundown of group D

Tom K 54 points (3 to play) Vs Hogey 63 points (1 from bench but finished for week)

Futureguy 59 points (Terry, Dawson and Michu) Vs Boots 76 points (Lamps, Michu and Zab)

edit. No certainty that Tom k will pick up the 10 points he needs but if he does he'll be on 9 points from 3 while Hogey will remain pointless.
    Looks very good for Boots to move onto 6 points leaving Futureguy on 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Up against bluemachaveli and I'm trailing 57-46. I have Terry, Chico, Eriksen, Oscar and Negredo left, he has Luiz, Brady, Oscar and Remy left. If Brady doesn't play he has Redmond to come in for a point. His captaining of Suarez will probably be the difference this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Heading for first defeat this week. Cant see me catching Benimar who is currently over 30 points ahead of me. Even with my four to play v his two (plus possible points on bench).

:(

My God Lucas Hood, what a finish, the combination of Dawson's 3bps and Wilson coming off my bench for a -1 would have won it for you by a point, Verthongens assist should get me the three points, unlucky;)

• Advertisement

That Michu no show surely means victory for me. I was leading 53 to 38.

Oscar and Terry got 4 so 57.
    Michu (c) gets 6, Zab 0 and Ivan 2 so 46.

So I should win by about 11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ghosttown

That Michu no show surely means victory for me. I was leading 53 to 38.

Oscar and Terry got 4 so 57.
    Michu (c) gets 6, Zab 0 and Ivan 2 so 46.

So I should win by about 11.

Well done. .. we'll meet again. ..

My God Lucas Hood, what a finish, the combination of Dawson's 3bps and Wilson coming off my bench for a -1 would have won it for you by a point, Verthongens assist should get me the three points, unlucky;)

Twas close in the end . Well done .

ghosttown wrote: »
    Well done. .. we'll meet again. ..

We will indeed. In the all important last match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

jebforever wrote: »
    Up against bluemachaveli and I'm trailing 57-46. I have Terry, Chico, Eriksen, Oscar and Negredo left, he has Luiz, Brady, Oscar and Remy left. If Brady doesn't play he has Redmond to come in for a point. His captaining of Suarez will probably be the difference this week.

Think I may have just pipped you. Results really went my way today. Suarez definitely saved me in an otherwise poor week. Invested way too much in the Arsenal hype train!

I got my first points of the season over YeatsCounty today. It looks like the_dazzler halted Hobbit of the shire's run too meaning they're both on 6 with myself and YeatsCounty now on 3 a piece. Lets hope I can sustain this now and push on to 6 points.

Group N could come down to the wire

*I'll do Group C in a bit when official scores and points are done

Think I may have just pipped you. Results really went my way today. Suarez definitely saved me in an otherwise poor week. Invested way too much in the Arsenal hype train!

Yeah you won 63-59, well done. My captain choices this year are really costing me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,840 ✭✭✭✭dahat

3 defeats,done and dusted...

[IMG][/img]knockout-punch-o.gif GIFSoup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭AdpRo

I think i have pulled off a miracle win against Ianob with Kun's 2 bps putting me onto 51 v his 50 once Paulinho comes off his bench, looks like i am finally off the mark! Onwards and upwards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Weetabix wrote: »
    I think i have pulled off a miracle win against Ianob with Kun's 2 bps putting me onto 51 v his 50 once Paulinho comes off his bench, looks like i am finally off the mark! Onwards and upwards!

Ha scrap that, didn't realise the bps had already been added, beaten 50 - 49, 3 straight defeats and looks like thats me done with the cup!

• Advertisement

Argghhh, lost out to greensausages 65-61. Damn you michu. Didn't help having lambert(12) and coleman(6) on the bench. I can't buy a break this season.

Down to the bottom of the group i go but i won't give up hope.

Argghhh, lost out to greensausages 65-61. Damn you michu. Didn't help having lambert(12) and coleman(6) on the bench. I can't buy a break this season.

Down to the bottom of the group i go but i won't give up hope.

Our group is very open so. One team on six, two on 4 and you on 3.

Anyone could qualify.

Group C: Matchday 3

Results:
    Lucas Hood 64-69 Swiper the fox
    Skippy44 81-65 bo-sco

As it stands after 3 games played:

Lucas Hood 6
    Swiper the fox 6
    bo-sco 3
    Skippy44 3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Boots234

Here's a full rundown of group D

Tom K 54 points (3 to play) Vs Hogey 63 points (1 from bench but finished for week)

Futureguy 59 points (Terry, Dawson and Michu) Vs Boots 76 points (Lamps, Michu and Zab)

edit. No certainty that Tom k will pick up the 10 points he needs but if he does he'll be on 9 points from 3 while Hogey will remain pointless.
    Looks very good for Boots to move onto 6 points leaving Futureguy on 3.

This was close in the end as Lampard and Zabaleta did nothing. If Januzaj had not come on in the second half Futureguy would have won with Koscielny coming in

7Jak68.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Group J

Fixture 1 Gameweek 5
    Mr.Nice Guy 43 vs 39 richieffff
    swoody 29 vs 34 Copper_pipe

Fixture 2 Gameweek 7
    Mr.Nice Guy 40 vs 31 swoody
    richieffff 30 vs 38 Copper_pipe

Fixture 3 Gameweek 9
    Mr.Nice Guy 79 vs 59 Copper_pipe
    swoody 76 vs 63 richieffff

Table

Mr.Nice Guy 9
    Copper_pipe 6
    Swoody 3
    Richieffff 0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Well done Kevinroche3333. Our group is now a battle for second place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Group I results

The Neon Knight 75-63 blockedPaT
    Captain Bob 78-56 ScienceNerd

Table
    The Neon knight 9
    ScienceNerd 3
    blockedPaT 3
    Captain Bob 3

Looks like a battle for second place is on the cards here too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Hogey007 wrote: »

think i just hung on for my first win :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Group J

Fixture 1 Gameweek 5
    Mr.Nice Guy 43 vs 39 richieffff
    swoody 29 vs 34 Copper_pipe

Fixture 2 Gameweek 7
    Mr.Nice Guy 40 vs 31 swoody
    richieffff 30 vs 38 Copper_pipe

Fixture 3 Gameweek 9
    Mr.Nice Guy 79 vs 59 Copper_pipe
    swoody 76 vs 63 richieffff

Table

Mr.Nice Guy 9
    Copper_pipe 6
    Swoody 3
    Richieffff 0

Nice start for myself but they were all home games. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

I got my first points of the season over YeatsCounty today. It looks like the_dazzler halted Hobbit of the shire's run too meaning they're both on 6 with myself and YeatsCounty now on 3 a piece. Lets hope I can sustain this now and push on to 6 points.

Group N could come down to the wire
    At least my failure in captaining Ozil meant nothing in the end. That's refreshing, actually.

Congrats sir. I need to beat HOTS next week to have a chance of qualification.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Group A week 3
    Csf 87(-4) v slingerz 54
    Macker 80 v munster magic 68

League Table
    1 Macker 9
    2 Munster Magic 6
    3 Csf 3
    4 Slingerz 0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Macker1

Group A week 3
    Csf 87(-4) v slingerz 54
    Macker 80 v munster magic 68

League Table
    1 Macker 9
    2 Munster Magic 6
    3 Csf 3
    4 Slingerz 0

Good Start by the lads. I can afford to rotate the squad coming up to the busy Xmas period. :P

Group D update

Futureguy 73-80 boots234

Hogey007 62-59 Tom k

Boots 6points
    Tom k 6 points
    Futureguy 3 points
    Hogey 3 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

First loss this week, all came down to Suarez captain (awesome) vs Ozil captain (Sh[te), game on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Group F
    10535579864_4a1c129f8f.jpg

Anybody with a bit of time to pull all the groups together so we'll see what's what at the halfway point of the group stage. With draws obviously very rare what do we think, will it be a minimum 9 points and superior goal difference that comes out of a group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Anybody with a bit of time to pull all the groups together so we'll see what's what at the halfway point of the group stage. With draws obviously very rare what do we think, will it be a minimum 9 points and superior goal difference that comes out of a group.

I'll do it, Im very bored :P

Group N

KprGbwR.png

• Advertisement
Advertisement