Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards FSA Champions Cup

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭narfsnonsense

Group L - Week 3

jebforever 59 vs 63 bluemachaveli

kevinroche333 89 vs 48 (52-4) stiffler123

jebforever 3
    kevinroche333 3
    stiffler123 3
    bluemachaveli 9

Hoping I got it all right this week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Anybody with a bit of time to pull all the groups together so we'll see what's what at the halfway point of the group stage. With draws obviously very rare what do we think, will it be a minimum 9 points and superior goal difference that comes out of a group.

Point or 'goal' difference doesn't come into it. Any teams level on points at the end of their respective group go into a play off tie.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Lemlin wrote: »
    Point or 'goal' difference doesn't come into it. Any teams level on points at the end of their respective group go into a play off tie.

There should be a fair few play off ties Id imagine. A good chance of a couple of teams in each group being tied on 9 pts. Presume their will be play offs for europa league spots aswell if the situation arises?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Have 6 groups yet to put in, will do them later on tonight and edit this post. Have to get my bags packed for college :(

b281bef2e65ea1484075a1721bcc3b84.png

There should be a fair few play off ties Id imagine. A good chance of a couple of teams in each group being tied on 9 pts. Presume their will be play offs for europa league spots aswell if the situation arises?

Yep, there will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Hackers

Looks like KevIRL has not updated Group P since the cup started, probably just has forgotten his duties there:). Apologies in advance if i missed the updates!

I make the table to be the below but we would need an independent party to verify:

IanOBo 9
    Hackers 6
    Remote Boy 3
    Weetabix 0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

Group K final scores for round 3,

Fixture 1 Gameweek 5

itsnotmyfault 32 vs 38 ghosttown
    Lemlin 46 vs 46 greensausage

Fixture 2 Gameweek 7

itsnotmyfault 39 vs 34 Lemlin
    ghosttown 41 vs 37 greensausage

Fixture 3 Gameweek 9

itsnotmyfault 61 vs 65 greensausage
    Lemlin 63 vs 51 ghosttown

Table

ghosttown 6
    Lemlin 4
    greensausage 4
    itsnotmyfault 3

Every position still up for grabs. 1st vs 4th and 2nd vs 3rd are the next fixtures, so it will be very interesting after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭Invincible

iMuse 78 Vs 63 dasa29

qwabercd 66 Vs 63(-4) dahat

League Table

dasa29 6pts
    iMuse 6pts
    qwabercd 6pts
    dahat 0pts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Group G

Jimmy Iovine 63 Sanity_Saviour 47
    Invincible 61 F1ngers 75

Team Played Points Overall Score
    Jimmy Iovine 2 9 137
    F1ngers 2 4 145
    Sanity_Saviour 2 4 127
    Invincible 2 0 130

Jimmy Iovine edging ever closer to the promised land.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭AdpRo

GROUP H

Gameweek|Name |Score|Hits|Net|Name |Score|Hits|Net|Winner
    5|Benimar|35|0|35|Sooner or Later|29|0|29|Benimar
    5|Who_8_Paul?|31|0|31|Mint Sauce|46|4|42|Mint Sauce
    7|Benimar|31|4|27|Who_8_Paul?|41|0|41|Who_8_Paul?
    7|Sooner or Later|38|4|34|Mint Sauce|45|0|45|Mint Sauce
    9|Benimar|86|0|86|Mint Sauce|64|0|64|Benimar
    9|Who_8_Paul?|70|0|70|Sooner or Later|73|0|73|Sooner or Later
    11|Benimar|0|0|0|Sooner or Later|0|0|0|
    11|Who_8_Paul?|0|0|0|Mint Sauce|0|0|0|
    13|Benimar|0|0|0|Who_8_Paul?|0|0|0|
    13|Sooner or Later|0|0|0|Mint Sauce|0|0|0|
    16|Benimar|0|0|0|Mint Sauce|0|0|0|
    16|Who_8_Paul?|0|0|0|Sooner or Later|0|0|0|

Name|Played|Won|Draw|Lost|Points
    Mint Sauce|3|2|0|1|6
    Benimar|3|2|0|1|6
    Who_8_Paul?|3|1|0|2|3
    Sooner or Later|3|1|0|2|3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭narfsnonsense

This is my group and with my track record it could probably do with someone giving it a look over!

Group E

GW 5
    narfsnonsense 33 vs 30 kennyb3
    cup of tea 42 vs 38 Tony1980

GW 7
    narfsnonsense 47 vs 38 cup of tea
    kennyb3 50 vs 35 Tony1980

GW 9
    narfsnonsense 54 vs 62 Tony1980
    cup of tea 71 vs 49 kennyb3

narfsnonsense 6
    cup of tea 6
    kennyb3 3
    Tony1980 3

Points hits taken into account.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Group F
    10535579864_4a1c129f8f.jpg

1st v 2nd & 3rd v 4th this week. A win for myself or prettyboy will leave us in a very good position. Whoever wins the other game is right back in it. I may be matching you by bringing in coutinho prettyboy. Looks like we will both have two southampton defenders and 3 liverpool players coutinho and suarez with my Johnson v your cissokho.

Local_Chap wrote: »
    Group K final scores for round 3,

Fixture 1 Gameweek 5

itsnotmyfault 32 vs 38 ghosttown
    Lemlin 46 vs 46 greensausage

Fixture 2 Gameweek 7

itsnotmyfault 39 vs 34 Lemlin
    ghosttown 41 vs 37 greensausage

Fixture 3 Gameweek 9

itsnotmyfault 61 vs 65 greensausage
    Lemlin 63 vs 51 ghosttown

Table

ghosttown 6
    Lemlin 4
    greensausage 4
    itsnotmyfault 3

Every position still up for grabs. 1st vs 4th and 2nd vs 3rd are the next fixtures, so it will be very interesting after that.

Big match between myself and greensausage this weekend. Last time out on Matchday1 we drew. Paulinho breaking my heart in the final minutes of the Spurs game against Cardiff I think it was! In gameweek 10 I got 74 points and greensausage got 63.

Teams aren't too similar. Main differences are that Greensausage has Silva, Paulinho, Rooney and Sturridge. I have Oscar, Ramsey, Aguero and Suarez. We both have Coleman, Zab, Ozil, Lukaku, Mignolet, Barkley and a Saints defender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭greensausage

Big match between myself and greensausage this weekend. Last time out on Matchday1 we drew. Paulinho breaking my heart in the final minutes of the Spurs game against Cardiff I think it was! In gameweek 10 I got 74 points and greensausage got 63.

Teams aren't too similar. Main differences are that Greensausage has Silva, Paulinho, Rooney and Sturridge. I have Oscar, Ramsey, Aguero and Suarez. We both have Coleman, Zab, Ozil, Lukaku, Mignolet, Barkley and a Saints defender.

I made my transfers after a few pints saturday night and now we have an extremely similar team because i brought in aguero and suarez for rooney and sturridge, I did have to sacrifice paulinho so you dont have to worry about him breaking your heart this time round!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Hackers wrote: »
    Looks like KevIRL has not updated Group P since the cup started, probably just has forgotten his duties there:). Apologies in advance if i missed the updates!

I make the table to be the below but we would need an independent party to verify:

IanOBo 9
    Hackers 6
    Remote Boy 3
    Weetabix 0

I reckon you're right. Here's the results (incl. points deductions) so far as I see them -

Group P
    Weetabix The Craggy Islanders 34586 578
    Hackers Hackers 7866 14397
    Remoteboy Remote's Boys 252337 85544
    IanOBo FC Hooter 1114731 308695

Fixture 1 Gameweek 5
    Weetabix (40) vs Remoteboy (46)
    Hackers (33) vs IanOBo (48)

Fixture 2 Gameweek 7
    Weetabix (33) vs Hackers (38)
    Remoteboy (40) vs IanOBo (50)

Fixture 3 Gameweek 9
    Weetabix (45) vs IanOBo (50)
    Hackers (69) vs Remoteboy (66)

Hadn't realised how close it was in our game. That points hit cost me the win :(

I made my transfers after a few pints saturday night and now we have an extremely similar team because i brought in aguero and suarez for rooney and sturridge, I did have to sacrifice paulinho so you dont have to worry about him breaking your heart this time round!

So are you starting on -4 or -8 then? I'll take any help I can!

Looks like the key differences now then are my Oscar, Ramsey and Terry to your Silva, walker and who did your replace Paulinho with?

So are you starting on -4 or -8 then? I'll take any help I can!

Looks like the key differences now then are my Oscar, Ramsey and Terry to your Silva, walker and who did your replace Paulinho with?

That was the problem i had to just get howson as a benchwarmer, 4 point hit taken, do you have toure(pool)? if not he will be a differential as well

That was the problem i had to just get howson as a benchwarmer, 4 point hit taken, do you have toure(pool)? if not he will be a differential as well

Nope, my back four will be Terry, Coleman, Shaw and Zabaleta. Clyne on the bench. Mignolet in goals.
    Midfield is Ozil, Ramsey and Oscar.
    Fowards are Suarez, Lukaku and Aguero.

So are you planning on going five at the back or playing Barkley, Howson or Kasami? If you go five at the back, you'll either be doubling up on Saints or Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,840 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Invincible wrote: »
    iMuse 78 Vs 63 dasa29

qwabercd 66 Vs 63(-4) dahat

League Table

dasa29 6pts
    iMuse 6pts
    qwabercd 6pts
    dahat 0pts

Badly need a win this week, starting at -4 so up against it but i am trying to be positive!

• Advertisement

Nope, my back four will be Terry, Coleman, Shaw and Zabaleta. Clyne on the bench. Mignolet in goals.
    Midfield is Ozil, Ramsey and Oscar.
    Fowards are Suarez, Lukaku and Aguero.

So are you planning on going five at the back or playing Barkley, Howson or Kasami? If you go five at the back, you'll either be doubling up on Saints or Liverpool.

Yea it will be 5 at the back with boruc in goal, silva ozil mid and wel have the same forwards

Yea it will be 5 at the back with boruc in goal, silva ozil mid and wel have the same forwards

That's a bold strategy. Here's hoping for lots of goals at the weekend so :D

So the tie essentially comes down to Boruc, Toure, Walker, Fonte and Silva for you vs Mignolet, Shaw, Terry, Oscar and Ramsey for me.

The six players we have in common are Zab, Coleman, Ozil, Lukaky, Suarez and Aguero.

That -4 could be important.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭AdpRo

remoteboy wrote: »
    I reckon you're right. Here's the results (incl. points deductions) so far as I see them -

Group P

Fixture 1 Gameweek 5

Fixture 2 Gameweek 7

Fixture 3 Gameweek 9

Hadn't realised how close it was in our game. That points hit cost me the win :(

Not that it matters but I had 49 in GW9 (no points hit for a change), I've lost by 6,5,1 so getting closer, you had better watchout because this is my week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Weetabix wrote: »
    Not that it matters but I had 49 in GW9 (no points hit for a change), I've lost by 6,5,1 so getting closer, you had better watchout because this is my week!

No worries. Lashed the results together in a couple of minutes - figured I'd get some wrong.

I'm on a two match losing streak so need to pull it out of the hat this week. Determined not to take any points hits - they're killing me.

That's a bold strategy. Here's hoping for lots of goals at the weekend so :D

So the tie essentially comes down to Boruc, Toure, Walker, Fonte and Silva for you vs Mignolet, Shaw, Terry, Oscar and Ramsey for me.

The six players we have in common are Zab, Coleman, Ozil, Lukaky, Suarez and Aguero.

That -4 could be important.
    Another draw maybe?Whats the chances!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Back on this week, a win for me will put me on 9 points which I assume will leave me needing one win from the last two to be sure of qualification. Playing Skippy, we haven't much players in common except Rooney and Verthongen. Are you planning on taking a points hit this week, I'll do it if you do:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Hackers

Yeah, I noticed that alright! No points hits for me this week so a win this week will have me almost through!
    remoteboy wrote: »

Group P

Fixture 1 Gameweek 5

Fixture 2 Gameweek 7

Fixture 3 Gameweek 9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

1st v 2nd & 3rd v 4th this week. A win for myself or prettyboy will leave us in a very good position. Whoever wins the other game is right back in it. I may be matching you by bringing in coutinho prettyboy. Looks like we will both have two southampton defenders and 3 liverpool players coutinho and suarez with my Johnson v your cissokho.

Haven't been on this all week. I've had to transfer Silva outta my team due to injury. No guarantee Cissokho will start after his performance last week & Enrique is back in the fold.

It's could be a close one this week or will it be a straight shootout between Rooney & Aguero to decide our faith!

Good Luck :D

Another draw maybe?Whats the chances!

Will you be taking a further hit with Silva missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Boots234

Playing Tom_K this week and we have 7 of the same players including captain. He has Mignolet and Lovren and I have Boruc and Toure! The only difference between us really is that he has Vidic and Morrison and I have Zabaleta and Ward-Prowse......not going to be much in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Well I'm up against The_Dazzler this week again and it's a must win again really. If The_Dazzler and Hobbit win it could be curtains leaving myself and Yeats fighting it out for 3rd.

The_Dazzler 6
    Hobbit of the shire 6
    YeatsCounty 3
    Mr.Prodston 3

Mr.P
    Mignolet
    Turner - Terry - Clyne - Williams
    Howson - Townsend - Ozil
    Rooney - Aguero - Suarez (c)
    Subs: AJ, Coleman, Ravel

Deleted User (-4)
    Boruc
    Clyne - Zabaleta - Dawson
    Ramsey - Yaya - Oscar - Ozil
    Suarez - Aguero (c) - Lukaku
    Subs: Ravel, Coleman, Whittaker

I'm facing the holy 3 in midfield with Yaya, Ramsey and Oscar, a doubling up on the Saints defence and the in vogue defenders of Zab and Dawson. I'll need Rooney to outscore Lukaku and for Suarez to run riot while Aguero staying quiet. Ramsey and Yaya will probably put the nail in my coffin!

Best of luck, but that 2 point defeat in Matchday 1 needs to be avenged.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Desperately need a win against Jebforever. If Suarez stays quiet I just might get it.

Will you be taking a further hit with Silva missing?

No just could not start the week off -8, il have to take my chances with howson, good luck today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭tom_k

Boots234 wrote: »
    Playing Tom_K this week and we have 7 of the same players including captain. He has Mignolet and Lovren and I have Boruc and Toure! The only difference between us really is that he has Vidic and Morrison and I have Zabaleta and Ward-Prowse......not going to be much in it!

Well there's a -4 in your favour as I had to dump Silva for Oscar last night after getting him in last weekend. Could still be close though.

Good luck :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Desperately need a win against Jebforever. If Suarez stays quiet I just might get it.

Your team looks stronger than mine on paper, I'm hoping that 4 point hit will work in my favour.

The rivals section on Total FPL is great for competitions like this, only just discovered it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

After 2 defeats from the first 2 games, with 3 games to play in Gameweek 4 I am very much alive in this competition. Didn't expect that.

Dahat v IMUSE

41 V 44 ( +1 for Barkley)

Aguero, Townsend, Ramsey, Ozil plays Chico, Yaya, Giroud.

I have to be hopeful unless Yaya goes mental.

My tie is going to be very tight. I'm on 45 pre bonus with Zab, Ramsey, Ozil and Aguero to play.

Greensausage is on 38(-4) with Barkley & Howson to come off the bench (so basically 41-4) and Zab, Walker, Ozil and Aguero to play.

So alot is going to come down to Ramsey vs Walker tomorrow.

In the other Group K game, Ghosttown is losing 11 points to itsnotmyfault's 31. Both still have a fair few to play but if it stays as is it will make the Group very interesting.

I'll be on 7, Ghosttown and itsnotmyfault on 6 and Greensausage on 4. Anyone could go through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I'm screwed unless Aguero scores at least a hat trick, Skippy has Suarez(c), Lallana and Hazard, what chance have you against that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Hmmmm far from a done thing for me I reckon v $hifty

Its my 21 point lead + Rooney against his Giroud, Ramsey, Zab and Vidic tomorrow

• Advertisement

My tie is going to be very tight. I'm on 45 pre bonus with Zab, Ramsey, Ozil and Aguero to play.

Greensausage is on 38(-4) with Barkley & Howson to come off the bench (so basically 41-4) and Zab, Walker, Ozil and Aguero to play.

So alot is going to come down to Ramsey vs Walker tomorrow.

In the other Group K game, Ghosttown is losing 11 points to itsnotmyfault's 31. Both still have a fair few to play but if it stays as is it will make the Group very interesting.

I'll be on 7, Ghosttown and itsnotmyfault on 6 and Greensausage on 4. Anyone could go through.

Yea looks like il need walker to keep a clean sheet plus either get a goal, assist or at least 2 bonus points, oh and ramsey to do absolutely nothing :eek:

Haven't been on this all week. I've had to transfer Silva outta my team due to injury. No guarantee Cissokho will start after his performance last week & Enrique is back in the fold.

It's could be a close one this week or will it be a straight shootout between Rooney & Aguero to decide our faith!

Good Luck :D

51 v 51 in our game. Its my dawson, townsend, ozil, aguero against prettyboys zab, ozil, rooney.
    As you predicted its rooney v aguero.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

To the lads in Group F - I'll update on monday.
    Out for the Utd v Arsenal game and will be in no fit state to calculate/copy/paste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Well I'm pretty much toast anyway barring a miracle tomorrow. The phantom assist awarded to Swarez doesn't help matters either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

53 - 31 to me against Octavarian at the moment. Interesting one since we both need to win

We both have Ozil and Ramsey
    He has Aguero (c), Dawson and Giroud
    I have Cabaye and Van Persie

Aguero will do damage so really it's depending on whether or not he'll make up the 22 points he is down. If Newcastle score and Cabaye plays a part though I'll be confident of the win. Hopefully Van Persie outplays Giroud especially after his rest midweek. Hard one to call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Unless aguero does something crazy tomorrow, I should be ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Hobbit of The Shire 14 - 56 YeatsCounty

HotS has Aguero (c), Rooney, Nasri, Yaya, Chico and Ramsey to play compared to Ozil, Ramsey and Aguero for me. Rooney and Yaya especially scare me. Yaya in particular has ruined many's a gameweek for me already this season.

I took a points hit on Thursday (reflected in the score) to get Ramsey in, then the Silva news broke on Friday. Still fuming over that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

didn't even get to look at this yesterday, i'm up against futureguy, we're both on 53 with 4 players left but i took a 4 point hit so that makes it 53 vs 49.

we both have ozil and aguero, he has dawson and ramsey vs my januzaj and giroud. wouldn't be too confident of making up the 4 points but you never know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

51 v 51 in our game. Its my dawson, townsend, ozil, aguero against prettyboys zab, ozil, rooney.
    As you predicted its rooney v aguero.

I could live to regret picking Ward Prowse over Morrison. Good day ahead & the battle could go down to the wire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Hobbit of The Shire 14 - 56 YeatsCounty

HotS has Aguero (c), Rooney, Nasri, Yaya, Chico and Ramsey to play compared to Ozil, Ramsey and Aguero for me. Rooney and Yaya especially scare me. Yaya in particular has ruined many's a gameweek for me already this season.

I took a points hit on Thursday (reflected in the score) to get Ramsey in, then the Silva news broke on Friday. Still fuming over that.

Last week I had a score in the top 6 thousand, this week this shjt... Not impressed.

Advertisement