Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards FSA Champions Cup

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FatRat wrote: »
    Group F

Fatrat 9
    Iused2likebusts 7
    Prettyboy81 7
    OctavarIan 6

Very very tight group. Me being on top means nothing.

ye ive to beat you in the last game or Im out. 2 wins from 2 at the start and 1 pt from the last 3 has put me under big pressure. What score was your game against prettyboy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Lemlin wrote: »
    We'll cross that bridge when we come to it my friend.

Playoff between the three teams on the one GW with the bottom scoring team going out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

ye ive to beat you in the last game or Im out. 2 wins from 2 at the start and 1 pt from the last 3 has put me under big pressure. What score was your game against prettyboy?

61 vs 57 I think. Me with the 61.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Apologies for the late update.

4CQbCU.jpg

Results to date

Matchday 1 Results
    KevIRL 46 – 28 unkymo
    Local_Chap 43 – 66 $hifty

Matchday 2 Results
    KevIRL 29 – 47 Local_Chap
    unkymo 23 – 32 $hifty

Matchday 3 Results
    KevIRL 74 – 54 $hifty
    Local_Chap 60 – 66 unkymo

Matchday 4 Results
    KevIRL 70 – 48 unkymo
    Local_Chap 32 – 58 $hifty

Matchday 5 Results
    KevIRL 55 – 66 Local_Chap
    unkymo 62 – 69 $hifty

That means by virtue of winning both ties against KevIRL, Local_Chap will progress if he wins his tie against unkymo and KevIRL will go out if he loses against $hifty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

KevIRL wrote: »
    Playoff between the three teams on the one GW with the bottom scoring team going out?

If it arises, we'll look at it then. I don't like the idea of a three way tbh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

If it arises, we'll look at it then. I don't like the idea of a three way tbh :D

A 4 way's still on the cards for Group N if I've got anything to do with it :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Group F Team ID GW Points Points
    Fatrat 76189 274 9
    Iused2likebusts 21547 268 7
    prettyboy81 92233 262 7
    OctavarIan 1054751 227 6

Apologies lads.
    Real life stuff and new PS4. :P

Thanks Fatrat for posting table earlier.

EDIT:
    Can someone verify Group G.
    Can's see it updated recently.
    What I've gotten is below, but I can't be checking my own group.

Anyone can still go through.

Group G Team ID Seeding Points GW Points
    Jimmy Iovine 10280 1 9 232
    Sanity_Saviour 2167332 4 7 232
    F1ngers 23060 3 7 262
    Invincible 46635 2 6 257

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Weetabix wrote: »
    GROUP H

Gameweek|Name |Score|Hits|Net|Name |Score|Hits|Net|Winner
    5|Benimar|35|0|35|Sooner or Later|29|0|29|Benimar
    5|Who_8_Paul?|31|0|31|Mint Sauce|46|4|42|Mint Sauce
    7|Benimar|31|4|27|Who_8_Paul?|41|0|41|Who_8_Paul?
    7|Sooner or Later|38|4|34|Mint Sauce|45|0|45|Mint Sauce
    9|Benimar|86|0|86|Mint Sauce|64|0|64|Benimar
    9|Who_8_Paul?|70|0|70|Sooner or Later|73|0|73|Sooner or Later
    11|Benimar|62|0|62|Sooner or Later|70|0|70|Sooner or Later
    11|Who_8_Paul?|63|4|59|Mint Sauce|39|4|35|Who_8_Paul?
    13|Benimar|64|0|64|Who_8_Paul?|62|0|62|Benimar
    13|Sooner or Later|70|0|70|Mint Sauce|72|4|68| Sooner or Later
    16|Benimar|0|0|0|Mint Sauce|0|0|0|
    16|Who_8_Paul?|0|0|0|Sooner or Later|0|0|0|

Name|Played|Won|Draw|Lost|Points
    Sooner or Later|5|3|0|2|9
    Benimar|5|3|0|2|9
    Who_8_Paul?|5|2|0|3|6
    Mint Sauce|5|2|0|3|6

All to play for here and everyone could still finish on 9 points!

And what about the head to head? If I lose to Who_8_Paul I will have beaten everyone once and lost to everyone once :eek:

And what about the head to head? If I lose to Who_8_Paul I will have beaten everyone once and lost to everyone once :eek:

Play off round.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭dasa29

Any update on group m

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

A 4 way's still on the cards for Group N if I've got anything to do with it :pac:

Ahead of our meeting this week, we're both on 828 points. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,840 ✭✭✭✭dahat

dasa29 wrote: »
    Any update on group m

Yeah, i won no matches! :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Aye Group M hasn't been updated for two weeks. Would offer my services but tis my group and it would take ages on the phone..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Likewise on group B. No updates and it's mine. Can have a look in the next couple of days.

Likewise on group B. No updates and it's mine. Can have a look in the next couple of days.

I have the list of reps for each group in work so will pm people tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Sorry lads about the Group B delay, completely forgot about it. Will update now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

As far as I'm aware I require 3 points from Shelvey to qualify as runner up. If my calculations are correct, anything else would see me in a 3 way playoff for 2nd.

Had fallen a little bit behind in my weekly updates of the group I'm covering but will ensure that the standings are completely up to date with the qualifiers tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

CSF wrote: »
    As far as I'm aware I require 3 points from Shelvey to qualify as runner up. If my calculations are correct, anything else would see me in a 3 way playoff for 2nd.

Had fallen a little bit behind in my weekly updates of the group I'm covering but will ensure that the standings are completely up to date with the qualifiers tonight.

There's no action in this competition this week, no need to worry about JonJo;)

Next week is the final round.

• Advertisement

There's no action in this competition this week, no need to worry about JonJo;)

Next week is the final round.
    Says Gameweek 15 on the first page???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

tis confusin alrite.........

thought i was goner when ozil netted but this is excellent news now.

i1CDh3vChnJuG.gif

That's one of the greatest things I've seen :D Don't mind me while I rob that gif and store it for a later date :pac:

My bad. I messed up the GWs on the first page. The ties always take place AFTER the champions league games.

Therefore last GW is 16. I'll make sure I get them right for the knockout stage to avoid confusion. Apologies again folks.

My bad. I messed up the GWs on the first page. The ties always take place AFTER the champions league games.

Therefore last GW is 16. I'll make sure I get them right for the knockout stage to avoid confusion. Apologies again folks.
    This has totally messed up my transfer strategy now. Would have made 2 the week gone only for this.

Don't think I can hold too much of a grudge over a little mistake when I consider the amount of work put in..........as long as I still go through this weekend.

Ah come on??? Won by a point this week and I was delighted. I even worked around with transfers so I'd win this week!

• Advertisement

I lost this week and am quite happy that it's next week. :D

Hasn't every GW been displaced by a week since the start though? It was always after the CL and Lemlin clarified things a number of times

Seeing as everyone else is up to it I've had a look and I would be sweating on a single point from McGregor tonight to win my tie

Hasn't every GW been displaced by a week since the start though? It was always after the CL and Lemlin clarified things a number of times

It states GW15 in op(should be GW16), but it also states games starting the 14th.
    GW15 is just a typo.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

It was always the games following CL group games, I never even read the GWs :p

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

Seeing as everyone else is up to it I've had a look and I would be sweating on a single point from McGregor tonight to win my tie

I'd have been 4 points ahead with my wWlliams playing YeatsCounty's Chester.

I'd have been 4 points ahead with my wWlliams playing YeatsCounty's Chester.

I just spotted a couple of days ago that I turned you over last week in the boards H2H league, I'm one point behind you in that league.

I'm playing Lucas Hood this week, he has qualification guaranteed but even if I beat him to go to 9 points it seems likely that I'll go into the Zenith data systems cup or whatever it's called, haven't looked but if I win it means I'll have beaten the league winner twice which means its likely that I'll have lost twice to whoever else finishes on 9 points with me:(

I'd like to have done well in this.

I just spotted a couple of days ago that I turned you over last week in the boards H2H league, I'm one point behind you in that league.

I'm playing Lucas Hood this week, he has qualification guaranteed but even if I beat him to go to 9 points it seems likely that I'll go into the Zenith data systems cup or whatever it's called, haven't looked but if I win it means I'll have beaten the league winner twice which means its likely that I'll have lost twice to whoever else finishes on 9 points with me:(

I'd like to have done well in this.

I remember I was doing better at the start of the season when I was poor than now when I'm rising up in that h2h :pac:

I need a win to force a play off or if I won and Hobbit beats The Dazzler I may go through by beating Yeats twice. Eitherway it's win or bust.

I'd been following the dates beside my group fixtures. Was always the most relevant place to check as the 3 most important things for me was there (my opponent, their code, and the gameweek)

If I'd been following it relative to the actual CL fixtures id have been fine, but I wasn't, I was going by the fixtures on the first page.

Probably was clarified but I didn't see it myself.

Ah come on??? Won by a point this week and I was delighted. I even worked around with transfers so I'd win this week!

i only took the 4 pt hit last week in preparation for this week though;)

This has totally messed up my transfer strategy now. Would have made 2 the week gone only for this.

Don't think I can hold too much of a grudge over a little mistake when I consider the amount of work put in..........as long as I still go through this weekend.

Like I said, apologies but in fairness it has been pointed out plenty of times re the games taking place AFTER CL games.

Did you not cop when there was no activity at all on this thread this week? Or mention of match ups on the Matchday thread?

All I can say is I'll ensure I have it right for future weeks after Xmas. Hopefully the 4 points won't make a difference to your game anyway.

Like I said, apologies but in fairness it has been pointed out plenty of times re the games taking place AFTER CL games.

Did you not cop when there was no activity at all on this thread this week? Or mention of match ups on the Matchday thread?

All I can say is I'll ensure I have it right for future weeks after Xmas. Hopefully the 4 points won't make a difference to your game anyway.
    Was in Napoli and Rome for the weekend at games. Just enough internet access to keep in touch with the scores. I already said that I don't blame you at all, with the amount of work you had to do mistakes were always possible/likely. Was just responding to people who were of the opinion that I should have known. If I was following the thread on a regular basis I'm sure I would have picked it up, I'm sure I wasn't alone in not doing that though.

I've just pmed all the group admins (except Mr P because I can never find him on pm but I'm sure he'll read this).

Full list is:

A: Iused2likebusts
    B: Copper_pipe
    C: Mr Prodston
    D: Swiper the Fox
    E: kevinroche3333
    F: F1ngers
    G: CSF
    H: Weetabix
    I : Stiffler123
    J: alchemist33
    K: Local_Chap
    L: narfsnonsense
    M: Invincible
    N: Lucas Hood
    O: jebforever
    P: KevIRL

Are all groups up to date?

There's no Monday night game so can everyone please have Groups updated asap after the bonus points are up on Sunday night. That'll allow me to look at the play offs for Europa Cup etc.

I'll need the Group table posted and ALL results for the Group because rmember head to head records counts in placings as well.

PLAY OFFS WILL TAKE PLACE IN GW17. THAT IS WEEKEND OF 21 DECEMBER.

Apologies about the mess up with dates in original post. I was flying to Spain that morning and was returning from my ban so was rushing the post and didn't check the dates right when reading on my phone.

I'll have to look at fixtures over Xmas for the next rounds. We'll have to add in an extra round somewhere because CL only has 16 teams left whereas we have 32. Will have a look at how the CL ties fall anyway (and will definite get GW numbers right this time!).

First off, we need to see what teams are going through and what teams are going to the Fairs/Worthless/Europa/Zenith Cup.

I've just pmed all the group admins (except Mr P because I can never find him on pm but I'm sure he'll read this).

Don't worry I'm here all week :pac: Do you want me to PM you so you can reply?

Is this what you were looking for Lemlin?

Group C

MD1: Lucas Hood 52 - 36 bo-sco

Skippy44 23 - 30 Swiper the fox

MD2: Lucas Hood 33 - 23 Skippy44
    bo-sco 46 - 38 Swiper the fox

MD3: Lucas Hood 64-69 Swiper the fox
    Skippy44 81-65 bo-sco

MD4: Lucas Hood 59 - 57 bo-sco
    Skippy44 81 - 41 Swiper the fox

MD5: Lucas Hood 83 - 22 Skippy44
    bo-sco 67 - 51 Swiper the fox

Table after 5 Matchdays is:

Lucas Hood 12
    Skippy44 6
    Swiper the fox 6
    bo-sco 6

• Advertisement

Group C

Skippy44 81-65 bo-sco

Lucas Hood 12
    Skippy44 6
    Swiper the fox 6
    bo-sco 6

Yep, need that off everyone on Sunday evening with Matchday 6 included.

Group C

Skippy44 81-65 bo-sco

Lucas Hood 12
    Skippy44 6
    Swiper the fox 6
    bo-sco 6

That's great, it looks like I need to beat Lucas and hope that Skippy wins to get a playoff, as I've lost twice to bo-sco am I right in assuming he goes through if we are both on 9 points?

That's great, it looks like I need to beat Lucas and hope that Skippy wins to get a playoff, as I've lost twice to bo-sco am I right in assuming he goes through if we are both on 9 points?

Yes, he goes through as he has the better head to heard record of two wins, just like in the CL.

i only took the 4 pt hit last week in preparation for this week though;)

Ah sure... I thought this cup was on last weekend too and I won that aswell. I've beaten you the past two weeks... I'll do it again this week :) .... Unless its 3rd time lucky for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

swoody wrote: »
    tis confusin alrite.........

thought i was goner when ozil netted but this is excellent news now.

i1CDh3vChnJuG.gif

Awesome......I've watched this 8 times so far. Am I weird?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Im on the beer Sunday and won't be able to update till Monday evening

KevIRL wrote: »
    Im on the beer Sunday and won't be able to update till Monday evening

No problem. Once it's done by Monday evening/Tuesday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

FHFC wrote: »
    Awesome......I've watched this 8 times so far. Am I weird?

Only 8......
    :)

Ah sure... I thought this cup was on last weekend too and I won that aswell. I've beaten you the past two weeks... I'll do it again this week :) .... Unless its 3rd time lucky for you.

Fighting talk. This is the one that matters though whoever wins tops the group. Can you handle the pressure its all well and good winning mickey mouse friendlies like last week:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

61 vs 57 I think. Me with the 61.

Just catching up now been away in NYC. Nail biting stuff & down to the final week. It's simple for me 3pts & I get out of the Group!

The pressure is on!

Advertisement