Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards FSA Champions Cup

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

OK, so I need to beat Lucas Hood to stand any chance of qualifying for the knockout stage.
    I see you've made two transfers already but as far as I can see they are free, we have the same front three and John Terry in common. Without knowing what your transfers are it seems to me that most of my guys seem to have better fixtures than yours despite the fact that you have a better team and value. I assume you've picked up a Chelsea midfielder with one of your transfers, if you've held onto Ozil and Ramsey and they do nothing then I've got more than a fighting chance, captain choice will be important also. Good luck though you're through as group winner already so you don't need it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

OK, so I need to beat Lucas Hood to stand any chance of qualifying for the knockout stage.
    I see you've made two transfers already but as far as I can see they are free, we have the same front three and John Terry in common. Without knowing what your transfers are it seems to me that most of my guys seem to have better fixtures than yours despite the fact that you have a better team and value. I assume you've picked up a Chelsea midfielder with one of your transfers, if you've held onto Ozil and Ramsey and they do nothing then I've got more than a fighting chance, captain choice will be important also. Good luck though you're through as group winner already so you don't need it.

Hazard & Krul in for Mignolet & Nasri were my transfers.
    Good luck :)

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Hazard & Krul in for Mignolet & Nasri were my transfers.
    Good luck :)

Cheers, I'm likely to bring in an Everton defender(Distin most likely) for Johnson. Looking at our respective fixtures I fancy my chances but this is mainly because I'm assuming Ozil and Ramsey will get two points each, stupid assumption to make no doubt:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

I remember I was doing better at the start of the season when I was poor than now when I'm rising up in that h2h :pac:

I need a win to force a play off or if I won and Hobbit beats The Dazzler I may go through by beating Yeats twice. Eitherway it's win or bust.

All I need is a point to qualify. Think I'll set up my team defensively and play out a cagey 60-60 draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

All I need is a point to qualify. Think I'll set up my team defensively and play out a cagey 60-60 draw.

5 at the back, pack the midfield with holding midfielders and leave Crouch up front to knock down the long balls :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'm through but going for top, more to say I topped the group rather than seeding.

I always laugh at this big thing the media make of seeding for knockout rounds in the CL. I can understand it for the group stages where seeding is important so you get an easier group.

In the knockout rounds, I don't see the big problem though. Fact is, if you want to win a cup like the Champions League you're going to come across some of the best teams in Europe at some stage. That's the nature of the beast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭Captain Bob

Would not agree. Looking at present CL 1st and 2nd positions teams: they are not same at all. Playing likes Madrid and Barcelona is almost elimination even for Arsenal, Man City and Milan. Add here red/yellow cards as well, which come more often in games against big clubs.

If I beat HofS. Do I go through?

Would not agree. Looking at present CL 1st and 2nd positions teams: they are not same at all. Playing likes Madrid and Barcelona is almost elimination even for Arsenal, Man City and Milan. Add here red/yellow cards as well, which come more often in games against big clubs.

So why not get eliminated now as opposed to in the next round? Is playing that extra round giving that much?

That's my point. To win the competition you are going to have to face Barca, Madrid or their ilk at some stage.

If I beat HofS. Do I go through?

I have no idea how our group plays out. If you win and I win we're all on 9. Lemlin says that if somebody beats somebody else twice and are level on say 9 points then the head-to-head counts.

But Say we all end on 9 I'll have beaten Yeats twice, lost to Hobbit twice and 1 a piece between the 2 of us. Not sure how ye did against each other but I'd imagine we could have a 4wayplay-off next week if that happens. That's a big if at this point though :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Lemlin wrote: »
    So why not get eliminated now as opposed to in the next round? Is playing that extra round giving that much?

That's my point. To win the competition you are going to have to face Barca, Madrid or their ilk at some stage.
    Think of it almost in betting terms, what odds would you put on Arsenal to beat Galatasaray and Real, and then what odds on them to beat Barca and Real. Nobody is suggesting that you're going to make it the whole way to the title without playing any of the big teams, but the more of the big teams you have to play, the less your chances of winning the trophy are. That applies to everyone, Bayern Munich, Arsenal or Galatasaray.

I lead Ghosttown 49 to 22. Not sure if he's still playing though because he had Giroud captain and no transfers since GW14.

He has five left to play. Mig, Johnson, Chirches, Januzaj and Rooney.

I have Suarez and Mig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Looking at another defeat in this i reckon... Frustrating to say the least.

dahat wrote: »
    Looking at another defeat in this i reckon... Frustrating to say the least.

Considering you have such a decent world rank, how the hell have you lost all your games!?

You have to be in the Group of Death.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Considering you have such a decent world rank, how the hell have you lost all your games!?

You have to be in the Group of Death.

A bloody mystery i tell ya and even the weeks i took hits to get players it meant i was just beaten by less!
    Roll on next year....

I need Ollson, Paulinho and Coutinho to score 14 points more than Dawson tomorrow to win my tie with Lucas Hood. Looks like I'm heading out but it's certainly not a done deal, a 10 pointer from one of my mids and a cleanie for Ollson would probably get me there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Need 3 points or more from Mig, Fer and Rooney (c) to make it through to the next round I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Beating Benimar by a single point, 53-52, both have four point hits, still no garentee of going through as whole group could yet end up on 9 points each.

Any other group h members care to give thoughts/predictions.

YeatsCounty 60-45 Mr.Prodston

I have Suarez remaining, as does my noble opponent.

Suarez aside, he has Mignolet, Turner, Howson & Rooney to go compared to my.....no-one else. *gulps* The odds are definitely in his favour ahead of tomorrow.

In the other group game, it's the_dazzler 43-33 Hobbit of The Shire. If results stay the same, the group table would look like:

YeatsCounty - 12
    Hobbit of The Shire - 9 (don't know who'd finish second)
    the_dazzler - 9
    Mr.Prodston - 6

If Prodston & the_dazzler win, we're all on 9 points. :eek:

YeatsCounty 60-45 Mr.Prodston

I have Suarez remaining, as does my noble opponent.

Suarez aside, he has Mignolet, Turner, Howson & Rooney to go compared to my.....no-one else. *gulps* The odds are definitely in his favour ahead of tomorrow.

In the other group game, it's the_dazzler 43-33 Hobbit of The Shire. If results stay the same, the group table would look like:

YeatsCounty - 12
    Hobbit of The Shire - 9 (don't know who'd finish second)
    the_dazzler - 9
    Mr.Prodston - 6

If Prodston & the_dazzler win, we're all on 9 points. :eek:

16 points needed from 4 players, tough to call. I'd prefer to be in your shoes though as I need a clean sheet and a goal plus no yellows to get there. A lot rests on Rooney really. It'll be close anyway that's for sure.

• Advertisement

16 points needed from 4 players, tough to call. I'd prefer to be in your shoes though as I need a clean sheet and a goal plus no yellows to get there. A lot rests on Rooney really. It'll be close anyway that's for sure.

Funny, I'd prefer to be in your shoes. :pac: I'm praying that Rooney stays extraordinally quiet and that Norwich don't shock me. If Rooney scores & Mig gets a clean sheet, then all is lost IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Beating Benimar by a single point, 53-52, both have four point hits, still no garentee of going through as whole group could yet end up on 9 points each.

Unless Bacuna is sent off you have me beaten. Looks like we will meet again next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Benimar wrote: »
    Unless Bacuna is sent off you have me beaten. Looks like we will meet again next week.

In the play offs?

\o/

Even if we all finish on 9?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

In the play offs?

\o/

Even if we all finish on 9?

Actually not sure what happens if its a four way tie, but you and me will definitely be in any playoff that takes place. We will both have 9 points and a win each in the head to head.

Looking very much like a 3-way tie in my group, unless Shelvey can get a total only 1 less than Suarez and Olsson. Suarez to do nothing and Swansea to win to nil would do it for me. Certainly not banking on that hahaha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Looks like I'll need Suarez to score 5 or less against Tottenham to win my tie. Bluemachaveli has him captained and trailing by 9 points with Mig and Dawson also left to play. I'm predicting Mig and Dawson to total 3 points between them tomorrow leaving me 6 points ahead with Suarez's tally to come in. I only have Suarez left so I think I'm the underdog as it stands. Of course if Michael Dawson scores against Liverpool all this is completely irrelevant and I'm a goner! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Disastrous day for me. I'm losing 39 to 46. Only have Suarez (c) to play. Hackers has Suarez, Mignolet and Olson. Need a huge score from Suarez.

Otherwise I'm hoping for help in the other group game. Need Weetabix to beat IanOBo to put me in a playoff against IanOBo. Weetabix 4 ahead with Suarez left. IanOBo has Skrtel, Januzaj and Shelvey.

So basically it all rests on Suarez.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

jebforever wrote: »
    Looks like I'll need Suarez to score 5 or less against Tottenham to win my tie. Bluemachaveli has him captained and trailing by 9 points with Mig and Dawson also left to play. I'm predicting Mig and Dawson to total 3 points between them tomorrow leaving me 6 points ahead with Suarez's tally to come in. I only have Suarez left so I think I'm the underdog as it stands. Of course if Michael Dawson scores against Liverpool all this is completely irrelevant and I'm a goner! :pac:

Are you sure you're looking at the right team? The one I'm looking at, Blue Machaveli is 7 points behind you with Rooney, Suarez, Januzaj and El ahmadi left to play.

Assuming BPs stay as they are and Rooney/Turner/Howson stay on 9 points combined, Mr.Prodston needs 7 points from Mignolet to win the tie.

My backside is currently perched on this:
    trespade_036sgq58.jpg

• Advertisement

Waaahaaaaaaayyyy!!!!

I'm on course to actually win 1 game in this seasons competition!!!

Mignolet 45 minutes away from a clean sheet and two saves away from a save point. It's all falling apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

dahat wrote: »
    Waaahaaaaaaayyyy!!!!

I'm on course to actually win 1 game in this seasons competition!!!

God only knows what the table looks like in our group but I hope this doesn't stop me going through. Think I might be on 12 pts but not sure.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I'm on course to force a playoff by the looks of things

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭remoteboy

remoteboy wrote: »
    Disastrous day for me. I'm losing 39 to 46. Only have Suarez (c) to play. Hackers has Suarez, Mignolet and Olson. Need a huge score from Suarez.

Otherwise I'm hoping for help in the other group game. Need Weetabix to beat IanOBo to put me in a playoff against IanOBo. Weetabix 4 ahead with Suarez left. IanOBo has Skrtel, Januzaj and Shelvey.

So basically it all rests on Suarez.

Thank you Suarez. Looks like I might scrape the win. Suarez has scored more than the rest of my team. Sitting on 77 with 6 bonus to come. Hackers is on 73 with 3 bonus to come.

Best of all it looks like Weetabix will beat IanOBo 67 - 55.

Put together a run of three in a row to top the group wit Hackers on 12 points.

Football. Bloody Hell. :D

Mignolet 45 minutes away from a clean sheet and two saves away from a save point. It's all falling apart.

It's tied at 79 points each before BPs. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FatRat wrote: »
    Ah sure... I thought this cup was on last weekend too and I won that aswell. I've beaten you the past two weeks... I'll do it again this week :) .... Unless its 3rd time lucky for you.
    well done fatrat comfortable win for you. Europa league spot for me.

BPs out, final scores are:

the_dazzler 66 - 40 Hobbit of The Shire
    YeatsCounty 82 - 82 Mr.Prodston

Group N:
    Rank|Name|Points|Total
    1|YeatsCounty|10|+336
    2|the_dazzler|9|+327
    3|Hobbit of The Shire|9|+305
    4|Mr.Prodston|7|+355

the_dazzler qualifies as he beat HOTS twice.

Commiserations to Mr.Prodston, I was sure you had it after yesterday with Rooney to come.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

qwabercd wrote: »
    God only knows what the table looks like in our group but I hope this doesn't stop me going through. Think I might be on 12 pts but not sure.

Our group was somewhat discarded it seems, all i know is i won 1 game, after that i am not sure either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

We have avoided the dreaded four way tie as I have beaten Who_8_Paul by 100 - 88. We both had Suarez but I captained him and he didn't.

Which means I top the group on 12. I'm open to correction but I think that means a playoff between you two on 9 and Who_8_Paul bottom on 6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Group N final table
    3b6z3pv.png

Group G
    Fixture 1 Gameweek 5
    Jimmy Iovine 39 F1ngers 38
    Invincible 39 Sanity_Saviour 48

Fixture 2 Gameweek 7
    Jimmy Iovine 35 Invincible 30
    F1ngers 32 Sanity_Saviour 32

Fixture 3 Gameweek 9
    Jimmy Iovine 63 Sanity_Saviour 47
    Invincible 61 F1ngers 75

Fixture 4 Gameweek 11
    Jimmy Iovine 51 F1ngers 49
    Invincible 62 Sanity_Saviour 39

Fixture 5 Gameweek 13
    Jimmy Iovine 44 Invincible 62
    F1ngers 60 Sanity_Saviour 65

Fixture 6 Gameweek 15
    Jimmy Iovine 34 Sanity_Saviour 62
    Invincible 91 F1ngers 80

Jimmy Iovine 12 pts
    Sanity_Saviour 10 pts
    Invincible 9 pts
    F1ngers 7 pts

No head to head or playoff required in this group. Well done to Jimmy Iovine (who seems to have abandoned his team and will accordingly be the side all runners up will look to face in the first KO stage, no disrespect intended) and Sanity_Saviour for securing their place in the knockout stages. Europa League football for Invincible after a very creditable 3 consecutive wins to finish leaving him finishing just short.

Group D is quite straightforward

Week 6 results

Tom K 84-78 Hogey007
    Boots234 72-54 Futureguy

Final Table
    Tom K 13 points
    Boots234 12 points
    Futureguy 7 points
    Hogey007 3 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

F1ngers wrote: »

My final score is wrong but I am still beaten. My captaincy switches from Lampard to Suarez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

F1ngers wrote: »

Epic battle for second place, right down to the final fixture any one of three of us could have gone through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Group I results

The Neon Knight 79-53 blockedPaT
    Captain Bob 57-99 ScienceNerd

Table
    The Neon Knight 15
    Captain Bob 9
    ScienceNerd 9
    blockedPaT 3

Gameweek 1
    The Neon Knight 48- 42 ScienceNerd
    Captain Bob 26- 46 blockedPaT

Gameweek 2
    The Neon Knight 34- 27 Captain Bob
    ScienceNerd 53- 25 blockedPaT

Gameweek 3
    The Neon Knight 75-63 blockedPaT
    Captain Bob 78-56 ScienceNerd

Gameweek 4
    The Neon Knight 73-33 ScienceNerd
    Captain Bob 58-30 blocketPaT

Gameweek 5
    The Neon Knight 64-70 Captain Bob
    ScienceNerd 64- 53 blockedPaT

Congrats to The Neon Knight for qualifying. ScienceNerd and Captain Bob go to the playoff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Late late drama in GroupJ!

Group J
    Mr.Nice Guy Boots to Passes 98250 307
    swoody Ooooooh UnBaleevable 23870 20,961
    richieffff NKisBK 105787 86359
    Copper_pipe Chic's XI 62475 297976

Fixture 1 Gameweek 5
    Mr.Nice Guy 43 vs 39 richieffff
    swoody 29 vs 34 Copper_pipe

Fixture 2 Gameweek 7
    Mr.Nice Guy 40 vs 31 swoody
    richieffff 30 vs 38 Copper_pipe

Fixture 3 Gameweek 9
    Mr.Nice Guy 79 vs 59 Copper_pipe
    swoody 76 vs 63 richieffff

Fixture 4 Gameweek 11
    Mr.Nice Guy 29 vs 59 richieffff
    swoody 61 vs 59 Copper_pipe

Fixture 5 Gameweek 13
    Mr.Nice Guy 50 vs 63 swoody
    richieffff 47 vs 63 Copper_pipe

Fixture 6 Gameweek 16
    Mr.Nice Guy 63 vs 70 (74 – 4) Copper_pipe
    swoody 91 vs 91 richieffff

Table

Copper_pipe 12
    Swoody 10
    Mr.Nice Guy 9
    Richieffff 4

swoody's draw just gets him ahead of Mr Nice Guy. Congrats to swoody and copper_pipe on their qualification, and Mr Nice Guy who must travel to deepest dark Moldova for the Europa!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Kev tops the group as he had a superior head to head record versus $hifty. Europa Cup for Local_Chap. Well done all.

7LxbQ9.jpg

Group results
    Matchday 1 Results
    KevIRL 46 – 28 unkymo
    Local_Chap 43 – 66 $hifty

Matchday 2 Results
    KevIRL 29 – 47 Local_Chap
    unkymo 23 – 32 $hifty

Matchday 3 Results
    KevIRL 74 – 54 $hifty
    Local_Chap 60 – 66 unkymo

Matchday 4 Results
    KevIRL 70 – 48 unkymo
    Local_Chap 32 – 58 $hifty

Matchday 5 Results
    KevIRL 55 – 66 Local_Chap
    unkymo 62 – 69 $hifty

Matchday 6 Results
    KevIRL 80 – 65 $hifty
    Local_Chap 73 – 72 unkymo

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Group A
    GW6 results
    CSF 73(-4) Slingerz 98(-8)
    Macker 82 Munster magic 63

Final Table
    1 Macker 18
    2 CSF, slingerz and munster magic 6 pts.
    3 way play off between those 3. In fixtures between the 3 of them they each won and lost one of the games.
    Congrats to macker for a flawless performance.

Well done Macker. To clarify, the 3 way playoff means that next week, in Gameweek 17, the team with the highest score of the 3 gos through to the KO stages, with the 2nd highest being in the Europa, with the bottom of the 3 being out altogether. Is this correct?

• Advertisement
Advertisement