Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards FSA Champions Cup

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I face greensausage next week. Looking at our teams, we both have Mignolet, Zab, Coleman, Nolan, Sturridge, RVP, Whittaker, Barkley and Silva. We also both have a West Ham defender.

I think the match could come down to Giroud and Wakcott for me vs Benteke and Paulinho for him.

Have to fancy my chances with that match up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭IanOBo

Weetabix wrote: »
    A quick scouting mission of my group shows that even though I may be top seed I will be really struggling to qualify! IanOBo is absolutely flying with 221 pts already, he is in 2nd place in the Boards FSA league and in the top 3k in the world! Remoteboy (185) and Hackers (174) are pretty close to each other with only 11 points between them and then there is me, 20 points behind Hackers in last place on a miserable 154 pts! Interestingly everyone has either an active wildcard or has already played their wildcard.

Summary

Name|points|Wildcard

IanOBo|221|Played

Remoteboy|185|Active

Hackers|174|Active

Weetabix|154|Active

Please, you flatter me!

Looking forward to this.
    This competition was a great idea.

IanOBo wrote: »
    Please, you flatter me!

Looking forward to this.
    This competition was a great idea.

I'm full of them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

CSF wrote: »
    The guy I'm against (Munster Magic) has a scarily similar wildcard to mine, it is going to be close and depend on that 1 or 2 players doing the business with a clean sheet or whatever.

2 Liverpool defenders at home to Stoke and Ben Arfa at home to Hull for you surely make you big favourites though:D

I will only be making up the numbers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,655 ✭✭✭✭CSF

2 Liverpool defenders at home to Stoke and Ben Arfa at home to Hull for you surely make you big favourites though:D

I will only be making up the numbers
    At home to Southampton. You stop your Mancini tactics right now!!!

At home to Southampton. You stop your Mancini tactics right now!!!

Even easier for you so;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Right, so I'm up against Skippy44's Spartak Bosco team this week coming. He's already made his two free transfers(taking a bit of a chance so early with European games, wouldn't risk it myself;))
    I'm wildcarding this week so I predict a comprehensive win for Swiper to kick it off, Van Persie(if he's sticking with him?) might have a say but as with most teams that have him there isn't much depth when he's got a tough game.

Best of luck Skippy, looking forward to the game and the competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,286 ✭✭✭slingerz

this week is the first round of games is it?

slingerz wrote: »
    this week is the first round of games is it?

Yep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭tom_k

Boots234 wrote: »
    Playing Tom_K in this group also, he has started very well

I've dropped 56000 places approx though since GW 2. Have activated the wildcard so my offering next week should look much different.

Good luck :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Whats the post number that starts the list of fixtures please people?

page 12 half way down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭tom_k

KevIRL wrote: »
    Whats the post number that starts the list of fixtures please people?
    Post 176

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

Can i take part in this or is it too late?

Can i take part in this or is it too late?

Too late for the Champions Cup. The Europa will be on after Xmas though and you can enter it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

Lemlin wrote: »
    Too late for the Champions Cup. The Europa will be on after Xmas though and you can enter it.

no bother, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Looking forward to this now had a look at the teams in group A which im looking after and as Id a bit of time on my hands heres a few opinions.

Seed 1 CSF has had a very good start 250 pts and is currently ranked 69450. Looking back at his history over the last 3 years 2013 - 4812, 2012 -111351, 2011 - 414114. Wildcard has been played no transfers yet this week . Played 343 last week.

Seed 2 Macker 1 has had an average start of 213 pts and is currently ranked 714063. He has the most impressive history in the game of 2013-8367, 2012- 76927, 2011-12939 and an excellent finish of 220 a good few years ago. Wildcard has been played and he has made 2 transfers this week already so -4 coming from his total.Played 343 last week.

Seed 3 Munster Magic has also had a good start 234 pts and is currently ranked 228813. His History is 2013- 129877, 2012- 910, 2011- 278383. Wildcard has been played no transfers yet this week 1.1 in the bank.Played 343 last week.

Seed 4 Slingers has made a very good start. Currently on 248 pts and ranked at 78347. His history is 2013-143512 , 2012- 26037. Wildcard has been played and 1 transfer made already. Played 433 last week.

Fixtures for this week
    CSF V Munster magic
    Fairly similar teams exact same front 3 and walcott, dawson, brady,collins, wisdom. I think MM has a slight advantage with kos over coleman in defence but think CSFs Michu/BArfa combo will outscore MMs nolan paulinho combo to give CSF a narrow victory
    Odds Csf 5/6 MM 11/10 Draw 8/1

Macker 1 V Slingerz
    Both players have mig, coleman, walcott, benteke, soldado. Macker has coutinho which Id imagine hes transferred out and will be hoping toure starts. The 3rd striker this week is macker rvp v slingers sturridge ( slingerz looks to be in the better position there. Slingerz also has the better defence however thats offset by his zab and vidic being up against each other a 0-0 in that game would be ideal for slingerz. Hard to know with this one as both have already made transfers slingers maybe offloaded silva and macker has taken a points hit. Im going to go with slingerz here due to being 4 pts up already and on paper having the better set up. A high scoring derby with rvp in the goals will give Macker a great chance though.

Odds Slingerz 4/6 Macker 5/4 Draw 12/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,286 ✭✭✭slingerz

Looking forward to this now had a look at the teams in group A which im looking after and as Id a bit of time on my hands heres a few opinions.

Seed 1 CSF has had a very good start 250 pts and is currently ranked 69450. Looking back at his history over the last 3 years 2013 - 4812, 2012 -111351, 2011 - 414114. Wildcard has been played no transfers yet this week . Played 343 last week.

Seed 2 Macker 1 has had an average start of 213 pts and is currently ranked 714063. He has the most impressive history in the game of 2013-8367, 2012- 76927, 2011-12939 and an excellent finish of 220 a good few years ago. Wildcard has been played and he has made 2 transfers this week already so -4 coming from his total.Played 343 last week.

Seed 3 Munster Magic has also had a good start 234 pts and is currently ranked 228813. His History is 2013- 129877, 2012- 910, 2011- 278383. Wildcard has been played no transfers yet this week 1.1 in the bank.Played 343 last week.

Seed 4 Slingers has made a very good start. Currently on 248 pts and ranked at 78347. His history is 2013-143512 , 2012- 26037. Wildcard has been played and 1 transfer made already. Played 433 last week.

Fixtures for this week
    CSF V Munster magic
    Fairly similar teams exact same front 3 and walcott, dawson, brady,collins, wisdom. I think MM has a slight advantage with kos over coleman in defence but think CSFs Michu/BArfa combo will outscore MMs nolan paulinho combo to give CSF a narrow victory

Macker 1 V Slingerz
    Both players have mig, coleman, walcott, benteke, soldado. Macker has coutinho which Id imagine hes transferred out and will be hoping toure starts. The 3rd striker this week is macker rvp v slingers sturridge ( slingerz looks to be in the better position there. Slingerz also has the better defence however thats offset by his zab and vidic being up against each other a 0-0 in that game would be ideal for slingerz. Hard to know with this one as both have already made transfers slingers maybe offloaded silva and macker has taken a points hit. Im going to go with slingerz here due to being 4 pts up already and on paper having the better set up. A high scoring derby with rvp in the goals will give Macker a great chance though.

Super review, only challenege now is to keep it up for the rest of the year!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

**** did i miss the boat on this this year :o

• Advertisement

**** did i miss the boat on this this year :o

There's always the Europa Cup in January or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Ah no worries... have been up to my eyes lately so haven't been on the forum much so far this season, bit sick to miss the cup but not to worry! Didnt even notice it had been setup yet, it didn't start this early last year did it?

Fixtures for this week
    CSF V Munster magic

Macker 1 V Slingerz

I'm going to enjoy you looking after my group if you keep doing reviews and backing me to win. Hope I don't let you down!!! I've even got the feeling myself and my opponent have made the same transfer. Captain choice could be what decides this one.

Ah no worries... have been up to my eyes lately so haven't been on the forum much so far this season, bit sick to miss the cup but not to worry! Didnt even notice it had been setup yet, it didn't start this early last year did it?

Nope but I said last year I'd setup a larger group based tournament so people got more games.

I'm going to enjoy you looking after my group if you keep doing reviews and backing me to win. Hope I don't let you down!!! I've even got the feeling myself and my opponent have made the same transfer. Captain choice could be what decides this one.

Why? What did you do???;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

Right, so I'm up against Skippy44's Spartak Bosco team this week coming. He's already made his two free transfers(taking a bit of a chance so early with European games, wouldn't risk it myself;))
    I'm wildcarding this week so I predict a comprehensive win for Swiper to kick it off, Van Persie(if he's sticking with him?) might have a say but as with most teams that have him there isn't much depth when he's got a tough game.

Best of luck Skippy, looking forward to the game and the competition.

Cheers Swiper. You really should hold on to your wildcard until you really need it, you'd probably be better taking a couple of hits this week, you know it makes sense;). Seriously tho, I wildcarded last week and managed to make my team slightly worse than it was previously, so I'm cautiously pessimistic about an opening day victory. With you wildcarding I'd say odds should be

Swiper 4/9 Skippy 15/8 Draw 12/1 or if you prefer a bit of value...
    Swiper (-8.5) 10/11 Skippy (+8.5) 10/11

Best of luck to you.

• Advertisement

Skippy, in fairness you'd be better off resting your big hitters for whichever mug you have in week 2, you're being very optimistic with that 8.5 point spread,:eek: I was thinking of doing a Drederick Tatum on you,:mad: I'll wish you luck but only that the disappointment won't be too much to take. Remember second place is there to play for, don't lose heart so early on;)

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

Skippy, in fairness you'd be better off resting your big hitters for whichever mug you have in week 2, you're being very optimistic with that 8.5 point spread,:eek: I was thinking of doing a Drederick Tatum on you,:mad: I'll wish you luck but only that the disappointment won't be too much to take. Remember second place is there to play for, don't lose heart so early on;)

You never know Swiper, see what Basel brush did to Chelsea last night:pac:

Skippy44 wrote: »
    You never know Swiper, see what Basel brush did to Chelsea last night:pac:

I was more thinking Real Madrid(swiper) Vs Galatasaray(skippy):pac:

Why? What did you do???;-)

Walcott has had his day, shipped him out for Arnautovic. Assuming you did the same?

Walcott has had his day, shipped him out for Arnautovic. Assuming you did the same?

No, I took out Giroud and got in Torres:-D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Lads, I have edited Lemlins first post to include the groups and fixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Group L
    jebforever Any Team Will Do 46262 6292
    kevinroche3333 Neverdrinkingagain 46618 12688
    stiffler123 Norfolk-in-Chance 22587 131678
    bluemachaveli Better Call Saul 173800 1307143

Fixture 1 Gameweek 5
    jebforever vs stiffler123
    kevinroche3333 vs bluemachaveli

Fixture 2 Gameweek 8
    jebforever vs kevinroche3333
    stiffler123 vs bluemachaveli

Fixture 3 Gameweek 10
    jebforever vs bluemachaveli
    kevinroche3333 vs stiffler123

Fixture 4 Gameweek 12

Fixture 5 Gameweek 14

Fixture 16 Gameweek 17
    stiffler123 vs kevinroche3333

I think our group needs some fixing. kevinroche3333 seems to be pasted in on some of stiffler123 games. I've corrected them in bold if someone can verify.

I think our group needs some fixing. kevinroche3333 seems to be pasted in on some of stiffler123 games. I've corrected them in bold if someone can verify.

Yep, you are correct. Group L should be:

Group L
    jebforever Any Team Will Do 46262 6292
    kevinroche3333 Neverdrinkingagain 46618 12688
    stiffler123 Norfolk-in-Chance 22587 131678
    bluemachaveli Better Call Saul 48370 1307143

Fixture 1 Gameweek 5

Fixture 2 Gameweek 8

Fixture 3 Gameweek 10

Fixture 4 Gameweek 12

Fixture 5 Gameweek 14

Fixture 6 Gameweek 17

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Lemlin wrote: »
    Yep, you are correct. Group L should be:

Fixed.

Hoping to start this off with a win. A good start is essential IMO.

The fact that the games are on a one off weekly basis means anything could happen in later weeks - as many of us who were knocked out of the main cup by zombie teams know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ghosttown

Also looking for a good start, will be a high scoring week with most teams that we pick from having home games. Tough group, but great that it helps focus each week !

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭narfsnonsense

Group L Team Name Team ID Seeding GW4 Points Wild Card
    Seed1 – jebforever Any Team Will Do 46262 1 255 Used
    Seed2 – kevinroche3333 Neverdrinkingagain 46618 2 205 Used
    Seed3 – stiffler123 Norfolk-in-Chance 22587 3 245 Used
    Seed4 – bluemachaveli Better Call Saul 173800 4 218 Used

Dates Fixture 1 GW5
    Sept 21-22 Any Team Will Do vs Norfolk-in-Chance
    Sept 21-22 Neverdrinkingagain vs Better Call Saul

Best of luck!

Grrr.....spacing doesn't work. If anyone knows how I can fix it, let me know. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Up against prettyboy this week I see you have taken a 4 pt hit. Id imagine coutinho and wellbeck out ? Im worried about ben arfa and eriksen you have a better keeper and midfield than me. Id prefer my strikers and defence. Should be a close one. If you didnt bring Theo in Im hoping he will be the difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I'm not expecting a win this week . Took a hit earlier in the week for Sturridge &Benteke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Squad are nervous,starting at -4 but hoping to get a good result...

Captain will be key..

Playing IMuse..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Am giving Weetabix a 4 point head start. Felt the need to rejig the midfield. Looking at the teams we have a lot of players in common so captain choice could be vital.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭AdpRo

remoteboy wrote: »
    Am giving Weetabix a 4 point head start. Felt the need to rejig the midfield. Looking at the teams we have a lot of players in common so captain choice could be vital.

I need all the help I can get, shocking start to the season! You have a strong team, as you say it could come down to captain choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Swoody has a 4 point head start vs myself :P

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

ghosttown wrote: »
    Also looking for a good start, will be a high scoring week with most teams that we pick from having home games. Tough group, but great that it helps focus each week !

Things are going to go eerily quiet in ghosttown as your boys are going to get one hell of a beating:D

Matchday 1, good luck Skippy, hope you can keep it pucked out to me:pac:

I've chopped and changed my team all week on the wildcard, going without Ramsey and finally ditched Coleman, experimented with Michu, Verthongen and numerous others but finally settled now, kept a bit of money back to bring Rooney in next week.

My matchday 11 is
    McGregor
    Collins, Luiz, Sakho
    Mirallas, Ben Arfa, Walcott, Eriksen
    Sturridge, Giroud, Soldado

A few risks there but my bench is OK.
    Won't be around for the banter but will try to log in as often as I can for a minute or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

up against future guy today, i've not got the strongest squad for this gw

here's my starting 11
    Mig

Vidic, Kos, coleman,

Brady, Barkley, Walcott, Moses

Giroud (c), RVP, Soldado

with brady doubtful, chester is first sub, then luke shaw and ward prowse.

i didn't take a points hit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭jimw1988

My opponent shiibata has taken a 12 point hit. If I don't win it'll be my last week playing fantasy football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Up against unkymo today

No points hits for either of us. And we have just 2 matching non captains (RVP and Moses)

So its his

Hart
    Mertesacker, M Turner, Coleman
    Snodgrass, Walcott, Hazard
    Giroud (c), Lambert

V my

Mignolet
    Vidic, Dawson, Terry
    Brady, FFL, Walcott (c)
    Giroud, Soldado

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Well The_Dazzler means business, an 8 point hit and Sigurdsson is captain. We have 4 common players in Mig, Coleman, RVP and Giroud who's my captain.

Mr.Prodston:
    Mig
    Turner / Coleman/ Vidic/ Kosc
    Redmond / Walcott/ Michu
    RVP /Giroud (c)/ Soldado

The_Dazzler:
    Mig
    Dawson / Coleman / Zab
    Ramsey (V) / Siggurdsson (c) /Yaya T / Ben Arfa
    Benteke / Giroud / RVP

(Barkley/Collins/Whittaker)

A very intriguing tie with many variables. As I'm relying on Norwich early on let me just say..."Lets be having you!"

Let the games begin :D

• Advertisement

My team v Munster Magic

Mignolet

Dawson
    Wisdom
    Coleman

Michu
    Walcott
    Redmond
    Ben Arfa