Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making Drops Help Please

Options
  • 21-08-2013 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Having a hard time making drops and when everything just breaks down and goes crazy any examples, videos or pictures would be helpful

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

TheWorX wrote: »
    Having a hard time making drops and when everything just breaks down and goes crazy any examples, videos or pictures would be helpful

Are you talking about getting the tension right in the build to a drop or the actual drop itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 TheWorX

the drop itself, i was looking for videos on youtube and stuff to try figure it out properly so i think iv mixed it up and am unsure of how to do it properly

heres my page with my work on it

https://soundcloud.com/shanebrowne1

any ideas or vids that can show me kinda straght forward like the ins and outs to making a good drop and how to construct it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

TheWorX wrote: »
    the drop itself, i was looking for videos on youtube and stuff to try figure it out properly so i think iv mixed it up and am unsure of how to do it properly

heres my page with my work on it

https://soundcloud.com/shanebrowne1

any ideas or vids that can show me kinda straght forward like the ins and outs to making a good drop and how to construct it ?

I had a listen to some of your stuff there. None of your tracks have a very hard kick so I don't think big drops would really suit (if that's what you're after of course). A huge drop doesn't have to have everything going off at once. Take the new release from Spinnin Records for example. The drop (1.15) is just a kick and a synth but it's the power of the elements that make you go 'whoa!'

Then you have the epic buildup like in Underworld - Rez. The tesion is building for over 2 minutes until that glorious kick drops at 2.30. Two different styles entirely but each as effective as the other.

Advertisement