If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5.1 speaker packages

Options
  • 21-08-2013 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

Hi All,

I'm in the market for a new set of 5.1 speakers to go along with my Denon AV Receiver.

Which of these would you recommend?

Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS 5.1 SE
    Tannoy TFX 5.1 Speaker package (New 2013)
    Wharfedale MS100 5.1 Speaker Package

Can you do any boards deals?
    What is the price of shipping down to dublin?

Also, do you have any other system for a litte extra (say approx €400 - €500) that you think would be much better than any of these above?

Thanks,
    Ciaran

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,279 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

ciaran75 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I'm in the market for a new set of 5.1 speakers to go along with my Denon AV Receiver.

Also, do you have any other system for a litte extra (say approx €400 - €500) that you think would be much better than any of these above?

Thanks,
    Ciaran

Hi Ciaran,

Thanks for getting in touch :)

Out of the three packs there I'd recommend the Wharfdale MS100.  Nice discreet pack but still has a nice big sound.  Bigger drivers in the Wharfdale speakers over the likes of the Boston's too.

If you didn't mind going for something slightly bigger then the Monitor Audio Vector 5.1 is the pack to go for.  Would smoke all three of the above and plenty more packs in that price range.  Been very well reviewed also :)  Fantastic for music too!

http://www.whathifi.com/review/monitor-audio-vector-av10

Current price on this is £299.95 / €365.79.

Delivery on any of the packs would be £12.99 / €15.99

Let me know what you think :)

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭ciaran75

Hi All,

Thanks,
    Ciaran

Hi Ciaran,

Thanks for getting in touch :)

Out of the three packs there I'd recommend the Wharfdale MS100.  Nice discreet pack but still has a nice big sound.  Bigger drivers in the Wharfdale speakers over the likes of the Boston's too.

If you didn't mind going for something slightly bigger then the Monitor Audio Vector 5.1 is the pack to go for.  Would smoke all three of the above and plenty more packs in that price range.  Been very well reviewed also :)  Fantastic for music too!

http://www.whathifi.com/review/monitor-audio-vector-av10

Current price on this is £299.95 / €365.79.

Delivery on any of the packs would be £12.99 / €15.99

Let me know what you think :)

Chris
    Thanks Chris,
    Tempted by the larger ones.
    Would you have a link for the montior audios on your website, couldn't find it.
    Ciaran

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Ciaran.

Here is the link on our website.

http://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=938&Mode=0&CategoryID=5&sub=100&productid=954

This is an amazing package that for the price, is impossible to beat.

Stock on these is very short.

I hope this helps.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭ciaran75

Hi Ciaran.

http://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=938&Mode=0&CategoryID=5&sub=100&productid=954

I hope this helps.

ATB

Dave
    Hi Dave,
    Thanks, need to check finances and to see would speakers be too large for room tonight. could you hold a set for me till tomorrow.
    Do they come with wall brackets?
    Also, how much would you sell cables for? any deals?
    Cheers,
    Ciaran

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Ciaran.

Cheers for the reply.

I can hold a set until tomorrow, no problem.

They don't come with wall brackets. The brackets can be bought on their own and these are priced at £29.95 per pair.

If you are buying these together we can do the brackets at £20 per pair.

The speaker cables - I would recommend http://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=938&Mode=0&CategoryID=5&sub=81&productid=226

We can do this at £1.15 per metre and a subwoofer cable would cost around £10 for a 1.5m or up to £20 for a 7.5m.

Hope this helps but with the pricing on the speaker package, I can't do any better on that.

Many thanks

Dave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ryanno

Hi Ciaran.

I hope this helps.

ATB

Dave
    Hi Dave,
    Thanks, need to check finances and to see would speakers be too large for room tonight. could you hold a set for me till tomorrow.
    Cheers,
    Ciaran
    Hi Ciaran,

Just my 2 cents worth. I have the Vectors paired with my Denon 1911 for the past few years and all I can say is WOW. (Bought from Richersounds) The sound is amazing and at that price its a bargain! The sound is brilliant and crystal clear with great bass for both home cinema AND music....

Just couldn't resist the post......... :)

• Company Representative Posts: 17,279 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Ryanno wrote: »

Hi Ciaran.

I hope this helps.

ATB

Dave
    Hi Dave,
    Cheers,
    Ciaran
    Hi Ciaran,

Just my 2 cents worth. I have the Vectors paired with my Denon 1911 for the past few years and all I can say is WOW. (Bought from Richersounds) The sound is amazing and at that price its a bargain! The sound is brilliant and crystal clear with great bass for both home cinema AND music....

Just couldn't resist the post......... :)
    Hi Ryan,

Glad you're enjoying them :)

Amazing speakers alright.  Monitor Audio know how to do it :)

Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.