Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Youtube App

• 21-08-2013 9:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭

Has anyone else gotten this update from Android? The new UI looks great and I love how you can keep watching videos when searching for another.

BUT

Has anyone else noticed that if you watch a video on Fullscreen you can't fastforward or rewind it? Extremely annoying..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

You can. Just click on the progress bar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Iano_128

You have one? I've an S2 and my brother has an S3 and neither of us have a progress bar, if you tap the screen all we get is the minimize button, the share button, the option to add the video to favourites etc and to change the quality.. No progress bar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

The progress bar should be there.
    Uninstall it and reinstall, should do the job.

Can't uninstall it because it's a system app, no chance am I rooting the phone to fix it, tried uninstalling all updates to it and re-updating it but still no joy unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Iano_128 wrote: »
    Can't uninstall it because it's a system app, no chance am I rooting the phone to fix it, tried uninstalling all updates to it and re-updating it but still no joy unfortunately.

There's a link to the apk on the recommended apps thread. Try downloading that.

• Advertisement

Still not working for the S2 or S3, really weird!

Thanks for your suggestions by the way :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

It sounds like a bug with the screen resolution, I have the bar (Galaxy S4)

Do you notice any cropping on the bottom of the screen?

Yeah I can actually now that you mention it, hopefully they fix it soon because it's a pain in the ar$e not being able to FF or RW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Works on my S3. Running Cm10.1 4.2.2 tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

Not working on my s2 either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,141 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Works on HTC one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Works on Note II. One thing that annoyed me at first was, I couldn't change the video from HD as I have a slow connection(Joys of living in sticks)It used to be beside the progress bar but now you press menu and change it there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Its stupid that it defaults to HD all the time, on my 15 inch laptop it defaults to about 360p :rolleyes:

You can't change that default either, only for a 3g connection.

I know the old version did this too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

Iano_128 wrote: »
    You have one? I've an S2 and my brother has an S3 and neither of us have a progress bar, if you tap the screen all we get is the minimize button, the share button, the option to add the video to favourites etc and to change the quality.. No progress bar.

Well, on my S3, here is screenshot showing progress bar.....

Screenshot_2013-08-22-03-20-19.jpg

I like this new YT, it is very good, IMO.

I think the new app is brilliant don't get me wrong! Just really wish I had that progress bar :( I have everything you do, minus the progress bar and the button to the right of it to minimize the video.

Advertisement