Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aptamil or SMA

Options
  • 21-08-2013 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hi, I'm due my baby in oct and trying to decide whether to use aptamil or SMA?? What would others recommend or have used for their little ones....
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Doesn't really make a difference which you try first... I had to change formula on my first two because it didn't agree with them (funnily enough the first started on SMA and ended up on Aptamil and the second I started on Aptamil but ended up on Cow and Gate... number 3 took SMA with no bother).

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I agree with January, it's completely trial and error. We started with SMA gold on my son, but he was really constipated and colicy so we ended up switching to Aptamil Comfort, but once his colic was gone he wouldn't take the regular Aptamil at all so it was back to the SMA for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Agreeing with both every baby is different so start with either and see what happens iv went through them all and now on cow&gate and he loves it

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We used Aptimil on 2 and special formula on the other 1.
    The only reason we used it is it is what they topped my eldest up with in the hospital when she lost too much weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭jackben

Thanks for the advice, ye it makes sense alright. I think ill get one tin of aptamil an c how that goes.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement