Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rules changes

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Honestly... i'd wonder who would know them.. but i'm not opposed it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Absoultely agree on this one. You should not be allowed break any NFL records v CPU. Particularly bad to do it when someone has been good enough to drop out to let you play CPU.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

I think it would be fairly harsh on someone to punish them for breaking a record. The CPU games are bad enough as it is without having to worry about rushing too much (which you might be doing to keep the score down). I know its a pain in the arse though that the stats can be totally skewed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

It's completely unfair on anyone who drops out to have all their players on cold streaks when the actual game was very close.

If it was me I would insist on the game going to sim or a replay if I was playing Nelbert, no way would I drop for him under any circumstances.

If guys see that happening you run the risk of guys no longer offering to drop out for danger of their team being put on terrible cold streaks. Most records you get notice that such and such is nearing the NFL record for sacks...runs, completions etc.

• Advertisement

adrian522 wrote: »
    It's completely unfair on anyone who drops out to have all their players on cold streaks when the actual game was very close.

If it was me I would insist on the game going to sim or a replay if I was playing Nelbert, no way would I drop for him under any circumstances.

Yeah that is unfair. I am not sure what to do. Is it fair to give a weeks banning to someone that breaks a record? Does it definitely tell you that you are nearing breaking the record?

The hot/cold streak really doesn't seem to work properly anyway. Myself and Nelbert had a game where both QBs were near perfect and finished the game on cold streaks :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I don't know really, I certainly think a player on a cold streak is not as effective as a player on a hot streak.

I don't think you get notification of nearing a record where it is the single game record to be honest.

I'm not sure there is much we can do about this at the moment as people are not running up the score. I do think however that to run for 300 yards you have to be making a conscious effort to gain as many yards as possible with the same player.

if it was me once the game was safe AP would have been benched to avoid injury.

Think its just sufficient to include a line in the rules that you are not allowed break any record in a game against CPU and draw the attention of guys to it. Think you also need to explain that its to prevent guys cheesing it up against the CPU. If everyone reads that I would be surprised if anyone broke the rule.

We had a case in the pro last season where one guy broke a single game record v cpu. Just to prove that anyone could do it if they wanted and it was cheesy another guy went out the next week and delibertely broke it. This really highlighted the problem and the rule was brought in there for that reason.

I think I'm dropping out after this season, guys just racking up the running yards trying to outdo each other for single game records, must be completely demoralising for the guys they hammering at the time.

Personally I feel if they want to play games like that they should go to the lobbies. I tried to suggest that playcalling should be balanced to reflect real life NFL but that suggestion was shot down by many so think I'll leave them to their stat whoring after this season. Pity.

Agreed it is very disappointing to see. Will also be disappointed if you leave but I totally understand your disillusionment.

• Advertisement

I'll have a look at it at the time, but this week alone we have 2 HB's with over 360 yards. This is ridiculous. Obviously people are trying to rack up as much yards as possible and I know people will say it's up to the defense to adjust but I think you need to show your opponent a little bit more respect than that and not go all out when the game is already won.

I also think there is a problem in this game in stopping the run, some people disagree with this but those sort of numbers are completely unrealistic.

I'll have a look at it at the time, but this week alone we have 2 HB's with over 360 yards. This is ridiculous. Obviously people are trying to rack up as much yards as possible and I know people will say it's up to the defense to adjust but I think you need to show your opponent a little bit more respect than that and not go all out when the game is already won.

I also think there is a problem in this game in stopping the run, some people disagree with this but those sort of numbers are completely unrealistic.

Up until I read the thread this week I didn't realise it was so bad. But yes those sort of stats are ridiculous!

What do you suggest we do? Is it fair to tell people that they have to pass? They could at least put in their back up rb when they are miles ahead?

I don't know really, I think it comes back to not piling up the yards once the game is won. It's the same as running up the score.

Once the game is effectively over I think people should ease off but it is very hard to come up with a hard and fast rule. I think it just comes down to treat people how you would want to be treated in that situation.

I don't know really, I think it comes back to not piling up the yards once the game is won. It's the same as running up the score.

Once the game is effectively over I think people should ease off but it is very hard to come up with a hard and fast rule. I think it just comes down to treat people how you would want to be treated in that situation.
    Yeah, definitely more or less have to stop playing once the game is effectively over. But I think in that case the opposition player should have to concede the game though. As I don't want to stop trying to score and then be in the position that my opponent can come back and beat me. This has happened me in the PFL before

This is why the mics are so important. You do need the guy losing to concede as such and say that he is happy enough to run out the game and will not stop the clock.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I think our guys are just not experienced in gameplay ethics, Perrin though should know better as he plays on the PFL and i'm sure he's been on the end of a few beatings where guys have offered to stop scoring

I think our guys are just not experienced in gameplay ethics, Perrin though should know better as he plays on the PFL and i'm sure he's been on the end of a few beatings where guys have offered to stop scoring

Nelbert too has been playing for a while. Really should know better.

Lads, how do we think the league is going lately? Adrian, are you happy with how people are playing at the moment? The Vikings have hopefully slowed down their running up the scores now.

I havent had a huge chance to look at stats, but overall its ok i think

I don't know if we included you on the pm (you may have been away) but the Vikings were running up the score and their stats for a couple of weeks. I got onto MadAliG and he said that he was definitely trying to boost the stats of Peterson. Just told him to calm down with it. Think Mikey may have done it once or twice too but it was a while ago. So just hoping it doesn't happen again.

• Advertisement

I haven't noticed any problems recently anyway, Charles and Peterson both have crazy rushing stats but not much we can do only to recommend people not to pad stats once the game is won

Advertisement