Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reheating cooked Bolognese?

Options
  • 21-08-2013 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi,

Looking for some guidance please :-). I cooked up a large amount of Bolognese last week and froze half of it, I probably have enough frozen to do 4 or 5 servings. I took it out of the freezer today with the intention of making Lasagne tonight that will do us for tonight and tomorrow nights dinner. My question is whether it is ok to cook the whole thing tonight, eat half and put the rest in the freezer to be reheated tomorrow? Alternatively I could make up a mini lasagne tonight with half the mince and then use the rest tomorrow but is that ok, to defrost mince and leave it 24 hours before using?

Thanks for any responses,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

i wouldnt refreeze it but it'll do ok in the fridge for 24hrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 twiggy86

Hi, sorry I didn't mean freezer! I meant cook it, put it in the fridge & then reheat it tomorrow!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

That should be fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

twiggy86 wrote: »
    Hi, sorry I didn't mean freezer! I meant cook it, put it in the fridge & then reheat it tomorrow!!

yip - do it all the time myself.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Please read the charter - we do not allow food safety advice on this forum.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement