Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ovulation kits / sticks?

Options
  • 21-08-2013 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

hi,
    i am new to all this and have been looking up many different posts / forums online. finding it all very confusing!!
    basically, i came off my pill in May and had period as i normally would on my break. then i got period 28 days later on 21st June, then another 28 days period on 19th July. this month the cycle was slightly longer at 32 days and didnt get period until yesterday. i am wondering if and when i should/could use the ovulation sticks? and how exactly i should use them, as in when?

Any info at all would be great, i am totally clueless!! Thanks.

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Firstly, the standard ones in the chemists are a rip off. You can buy cheapie ones that still do a decent job - accessdiagnostics.co.uk do fertility bundles of varying amounts of pregnancy and ovulation predictor tests - like 100 OPK and 40 HPT, that works out at a few cents per test, so you can test away to your hearts content. I'm a repeat customer for access diagnostics myself.

You usually test from days 8 or 9 onwards. Read up about watching out for physical signs of ovulation. You effectively havent ovulated while on the pill so its about learning about your body again. Your cycles might take a while to settle down after the pill so its normal to have a bit of a variation in the first few months.

Above all, enjoy the TTC process, and dont stress too much about testing and the like, as it can take the fun out of it very quickly.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭jelliebellie

thanks neyite.
    when you say from days 8 or 9 onwards do you mean 8-9 days after first day of my period?
    Also, when ordering from the site is the packaging discreet as i would normally get stuff delivered to work, save me trapsing to the post office to collect as there would be no one at home! thanks.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

thanks neyite.
    when you say from days 8 or 9 onwards do you mean 8-9 days after first day of my period?
    Also, when ordering from the site is the packaging discreet as i would normally get stuff delivered to work, save me trapsing to the post office to collect as there would be no one at home! thanks.

Yep, Cycle day 1 is your first day of red blood. Spotting doesn't count. So its usually from 8-9 but if your cycle is shorter you might need to start testing earlier.

Very discreet packaging! Plain box, the return label goes to a po. box so someone wondering what you got is none the wiser!

They will also accept returns of full boxes provided the seal is still on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭jelliebellie

Thanks neyite i might order from them so since they are so cheap!

Advertisement