Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Peru drug smuggling case - READ OP BEFORE POSTING

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭justforlaugh

the bun on her head really bother me

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭fingerbob

Me too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

100% sick of seeing her stupid hair... That's the real tragedy in this story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

brianblaze wrote: »
    100% sick of seeing her stupid hair... That's the real tragedy in this story

If I was in prison I would shiv that stupid bun...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

No conspiracy. They tried to get rich quick. Put drugs in their bags and were caught. Its simple stuff really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭theSHU

I heard this whole story has been set up by the Irish government so they can distract us while they pump the water supply with cocaine.

1. Water Supply
    2. Cocaine
    3. xxxxxxx
    4. Profit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

It's not a bun, it's a RADAR. She's actually an aeroplane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭dmc17

The papers seem to be posting random photos with random captions. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Mod

Thread merged. Please read OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

lods wrote: »
    Ex Boyfriend trying to hang them

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/exboyfriend-says-two-girls-moved-drugs-voluntarily-29525711.html

Mr Knowles said he also believes the girls were used as a visible distraction, while a bigger consignment of drugs was smuggled through the airport.

What a prick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Amazingfun wrote: »
    What a prick.

On the contrary I think he is telling the truth. My sympathy for the girls is diminishing by the day.

Admit it, get rid of the lawyer which save the families some money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,341 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Rightwing wrote: »

If he's as good as they say he is, they'll be home by Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,302 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

On the contrary I think he is telling the truth. My sympathy for the girls is diminishing by the day.

I thought he was doing it pro bono. Win win for him anyway, there's nothing a lawyer likes better than getting their mug all over the TV and papers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Being cloe to the equator, there;s not much of a diffeence between winter and summer in Peru.

Are you saying they were photoshopped?

No, apparently the girls said the pictures were taken in Peru (because they said they never met each other in Ibiza).
    But the police said they couldn't have been, because at the time those pictures were supposedly taken it was cloudy/overcast and raining a bit.
    Also, Lima is not near the beach, Cuzco - even less so.
    lods wrote: »
    Ex Boyfriend trying to hang them

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/exboyfriend-says-two-girls-moved-drugs-voluntarily-29525711.html

Mr Knowles said he also believes the girls were used as a visible distraction, while a bigger consignment of drugs was smuggled through the airport.
    What a prick.

I find it funny he is being described as her "Ex Boyfriend". I've gone to the toilet longer than they could have gone out.
    If they went out from the moment Michaella stepped foot on the Island until the moment she left, then they were together a month.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he was somehow involved.

On a side note, anyone ever drink Smithwicks Pale Ale? Jaysis.... :(

If he's as good as they say he is, they'll be home by Christmas.

His tactics may work in a country like Ireland,,, the press prejudiced the case. The Peruvians won't give a fcuk about that type of crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Sir Humphrey Appleby

If he's as good as they say he is, they'll be home by Christmas 2027.
    FYP

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

What a prick.

That may be, but his version of what went on has a stronger ring of truth than the girls'.

• Advertisement

On the contrary of what? I didn't say I didn't believe him; I said he's a prick.

Which he is.

His tactics may work in a country like Ireland,,, the press prejudiced the case. The Peruvians won't give a fcuk about that type of crap.

People should understand Mr Madden does not represent either of the defendants and has no standing in the Peruvian Courts. they are represented by local lawyers.
    referring to Madden as their lawyer is a misrepresentation in this case.

Why are they still wearing the same clothes? They would be stinking by now! Should they not have been given some new clothes or jail outfits?

Allyall wrote: »
    No, apparently the girls said the pictures were taken in Peru (because they said they never met each other in Ibiza).
    But the police said they couldn't have been, because at the time those pictures were supposedly taken it was cloudy/overcast and raining a bit.
    Also, Lima is not near the beach, Cuzco - even less so.

I find it funny he is being described as her "Ex Boyfriend". I've gone to the toilet longer than they could have gone out.
    If they went out from the moment Michaella stepped foot on the Island until the moment she left, then they were together a month.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he was somehow involved.

On a side note, anyone ever drink Smithwicks Pale Ale? Jaysis.... :(

He says he never spoke to Michaela, it's Melissa he claims to have 'dated'.

Thing is, what kind of a drug dealer rats out drug mules, lol....

Prick.

Prick.

Fair play to him, and have you any evidence that this man is a drug dealer? Nah you don't, but their is a stack load of evidence against these too "get rich quick in the drug business" girls.

People should understand Mr Madden does not represent either of the defendants and has no standing in the Peruvian Courts. they are represented by local lawyers.
    referring to Madden as their lawyer is a misrepresentation in this case.
    Could he not instruct the Peruvian lawyer though? Use him as a sort of go between.

• Advertisement

Fair play to him, and have you any evidence that this man is a drug dealer? Nah you don't, but their is a stack load of evidence against these too "get rich quick in the drug business" girls.

It's amazing someone who has been sniping on this thread as long as you missed the detail that this man is a "known drug dealer" as per the papers.

Remember how he lost his eye?

Prick.

Sorry, got mixed up. Michaella's "Ex" also spoke to papers. They were both only there a month.

Apparently he was caught dealing before.
    The one-eyed dick apparently posted something on facebook when they were caught about being "Gullible twats". Then deleted everything.

As i said, it wouldn't surprise me if he was involved.

It's amazing someone who has been sniping on this thread as long as you missed the detail that this man is a "known drug dealer" as per the papers.

He is not involved in drugs now. That's the bit you are conviently leaving out.

:confused:
    How do you know?

Sorry, got mixed up. Michaella's "Ex" also spoke to papers. They were both only there a month.

The one-eyed dick apparently posted something on facebook when they were caught about being "Gullible twats". Then deleted everything.

As i said, it wouldn't surprise me if he was involved.
    Sounds like she dumped him and he's taking the opportunity to put the boot in for some revenge.

• Advertisement

:D Yeah, yer a real 'insider' in this case and know this for a fact, right?

:confused:
    How do you know?

"I have phone calls from every city in Australia. From about five cities in America. I've been on TV in Romania, Greece and Turkey. I should still be in Ibiza till October. The reason I come home was to stop all of this. After stories about me appeared in the paper, I turned my phone back on and it ****ing went wild. I went down to the shop opened the papers in the news agent and my ****ing face just dropped.
    "Every story that's out there, at the very end, they say 'this fella has no association with drugs' which is clever reporting. But it's a bit ****ing unfair on my behalf isn't it?"

Could he not instruct the Peruvian lawyer though? Use him as a sort of go between.

No, he has at best what might be described as observer status.
    The girls are represented by a mother and son team, I think their names are Fischer, and they are unlikely to take orders from a press hogging lawyer who has no standing in the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,302 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Sounds like she dumped him

to go on an all expenses paid holiday to Peru... apparently

"I have phone calls from every city in Australia. From about five cities in America. I've been on TV in Romania, Greece and Turkey. I should still be in Ibiza till October. The reason I come home was to stop all of this. After stories about me appeared in the paper, I turned my phone back on and it ****ing went wild. I went down to the shop opened the papers in the news agent and my ****ing face just dropped.
    "Every story that's out there, at the very end, they say 'this fella has no association with drugs' which is clever reporting. But it's a bit ****ing unfair on my behalf isn't it?"

Yes he consistently states that he has no association with the drugs trade is pissed that the media only ever put that at the end of their articles.

he was beaten up in 1999, and your point is?
    By the way I post in accordance with the Charter rules, not snipe.

he was beaten up in 1999, and your point is?
    By the way I post in accordance with the Charter rules, not snipe.

Sniping is in the eye of the receiver ;)

Ps: so touching you two believe the word of this one-eyed drug dealing 'ex' :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Anyone who has ever gone to Ibiza and gotten off their tits really ought to not be condemning them.

Or anyone who's gotten off their tits anywhere, really.

Sniping is in the eye of the receiver ;)

Ps: so touching you two believe the word of this one-eyed drug dealing 'ex' :rolleyes:

He is not the one who tried to smuggle almost 11 kilos of coke out of Peru, and there is zero evidence that he is a drug dealer.

He is not the one who tried to smuggle almost 11 kilos of coke out of Peru, and there is zero evidence that he is a drug dealer.
    Shane Knowles, 37, said he believes Michaella McCollum Connolly and Melissa Reid willingly transported the drugs to make money to support their lifestyle in Ibiza."I know the full truth. I know everything that went on. I know the precursor to why it all happened,"
    I was the first person to meet them out there when they got to the apartment. It was inevitable what was going to happen..

..:(

• Advertisement

LOL!! Who said he was a smuggler? Strawman much?

I said he is a prick. Which he is.

And funny now you say there is no evidence for his drug dealing, and yet didn't you and right wing just post articles emphasizing his cries of protest and claims where he supposedly left drug dealing behind? So yes, he is a drug dealer, possibly former, but since he is still over in Ibiza hanging around 'San Antonio' an area well known for drugs, well......as they say : "whatever".

LOL!! Who said he was a smuggler? Strawman much?

I said he is a prick. Which he is.

And funny now you say there is no evidence for his drug dealing, and yet didn't you and right wing just post articles emphasizing his cries of protest and claims where he supposedly left drug dealing behind? So yes, he is a drug dealer, possibly former, but since he is still over in Ibiza hanging around 'San Antonio' an area well known for drugs, well......as they say : "whatever".
    Show me where I posted any such link or article, or admit you are wrong!

God this is tedious. See post 889, right above you, where RightWing posts such an article and YOU comment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Yes he consistently states that he has no association with the drugs trade is pissed that the media only ever put that at the end of their articles.

I assume you are doing some clever comparision between peoples willingness to believe the girls' innocence and their rush to believe the worst of this Shane Knowles character?

If not, then lol at thinking a 37 year old 'former' major player who still hangs around San Antonio for the entire summer months is no longer up to anything untoward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,190 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

If I was in prison I would shiv that stupid bun...

I saw one in inchicore yesterday!! the michaela bun is here!!!

It had the opposite effect here (Thank God).
    Quite a few girls were wearing that stupid looking thing until she got caught.

"OMG, do i look like that?"

Gone. Haven't seen it since.

It's been here for over 2 years. I see young ones in Dublin with this style all the time.

I assume you are doing some clever comparision between peoples willingness to believe the girls' innocence and their rush to believe the worst of this Shane Knowles character?

If not, then lol at thinking a 37 year old 'former' major player who still hangs around San Antonio for the entire summer months is no longer up to anything untoward.

Maybe he only hangs around there to creep on the young girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭fibonaccii

WindSock wrote: »
    Anyone who has ever gone to Ibiza and gotten off their tits really ought to not be condemning them.

Or anyone who's gotten off their tits anywhere, really.

Are you serious? Its one thing getting off your tits but another to smuggle over a million worth of cocaine. I see no correlation at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,190 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

fibonaccii wrote: »
    Are you serious? Its one thing getting off your tits but another to smuggle over a million worth of cocaine. I see no correlation at all.
    he means you should think about where your drugs come from

Advertisement