Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Peru drug smuggling case - READ OP BEFORE POSTING

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

fibonaccii wrote: »
    Are you serious? Its one thing getting off your tits but another to smuggle over a million worth of cocaine. I see no correlation at all.

Where do you think cocaine comes from? Do you think it MAGICALLY GROWS ON PLANTS?? HMMM????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Sir Humphrey Appleby

Amazingfun wrote: »
    God this is tedious. See post 889, right above you, where RightWing posts such an article and YOU comment.

Apology accepted now that you are admitting that you were wrong and that in fact I posted no such article.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Apology accepted now that you are admitting that you were wrong and that in fact I posted no such article.:)

I wasn't wrong at all; I am exactly right. Read your own comment.

Ps: try holding your breath waiting for an 'apology' lol.

fibonaccii wrote: »
    Are you serious? Its one thing getting off your tits but another to smuggle over a million worth of cocaine. I see no correlation at all.

How can there be no correlation? Unless you produce your own drugs and only use those to get off your tits then of course there is a correlation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭theSHU

They really should just plead guilty, become fluent in Spanish and be out in 2 - 2.5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭RebelSoul

WindSock wrote: »
    Anyone who has ever gone to Ibiza and gotten off their tits really ought to not be condemning them.

Or anyone who's gotten off their tits anywhere, really.

Does it only count if you get off your tits? What about if you get a slight buzz on? Is condemnation allowed then? Can we establish a set of guidelines for best condemning practice. :)

RebelSoul wrote: »
    Does it only count if you get off your tits? What about if you get a slight buzz on? Is condemnation allowed then? Can we establish a set of guidelines for best condemning practice. :)

And what if you got off your tits somewhere other than Ibiza, what if you got off your tits in Aya Napa?:D

And what if you got off your tits somewhere other than Ibiza, what if you got off your tits in Aya Napa?:D

She had that part covered ;)
    WindSock wrote: »
    Anyone who has ever gone to Ibiza and gotten off their tits really ought to not be condemning them.

Or anyone who's gotten off their tits anywhere, really.

Basically what windsock is saying, is that if you use cocaine, it is pretty hypocrital to codemn those who smuggle that cocaine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Table Top Joe

Best fancy dress ive seen in a long time

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

a kids fancy dress competition in norn iron :)

edit. beaten to it by 3 minutes of fumbling around writing the initial reply!

Yeh the pic has been posted 4 times now. It's really not funny any more (not that it was funny to begin with)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

HondaSami wrote: »

"Set up to cover family legal bills".

- Not to pay somebody off, to get them out of there like the Athlone lads in Venezuela.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

I'm glad this is getting so much media attention. I'm also glad that places like Peru take a very dim view of people who smuggle large amounts of drugs and sentence accordingly.

These two girls are in for very long stretches.

Don't do drugs kids.

HondaSami wrote: »

Sure, just as soon as people start paying for the ticket I got for speeding.

If your prepared to do the crime, be prepared to suffer the consequences. People are only sorry when they get caught.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Fair play to him, and have you any evidence that this man is a drug dealer? Nah you don't, but their is a stack load of evidence against these too "get rich quick in the drug business" girls.
    Isn't his missing eye from being beaten half to death in a nightclub toilet by some goons of a drug lord, because he was selling for him and had built up a debt?

This guy is getting a lot of benefit of the doubt from people quick to jump to conclusions of the girls' guilt (and yes, I do think they are guilty, but think they have the right to fair trial particularly regarding the circumstances). He can't be a drug dealer any more, despite still living in such a notorious area for drugs at the age of 37 and seemingly being very 'in touch' with these types of characters to this day just because he says so. But the girls? No chance there could even be a shred of truth in their stories, because everything they say must be lies.

It's all quite convenient really, considering that at the very least he is a blatant steroids junkie to this day.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭RebelSoul

Sure, just as soon as people start paying for the ticket I got for speeding.

If your prepared to do the crime, be prepared to suffer the consequences. People are only sorry when they get caught.

But were you kidnapped at gunpoint and made to speed under threat of your life as they claim. If you can't do the time then don't do the crime sure. But innocent until proven guilty, that's what I say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Almaviva

But innocent until proven guilty, that's what I say.
    Yeah, but I'd keep my donation in my pocket until they are proven innocent I think...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭theSHU

Best fancy dress ive seen in a long time
    Yeh the pic has been posted 4 times now. It's really not funny any more (not that it was funny to begin with)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

. But innocent until proven guilty, that's what I say.

11kg of cocaine in their suitcase that they said they packed! think that's guilty enough! what is there to prove?!!! seriously! caught red handed then try some bull**** excuse to get there way out of it! might get away with in ireland/scotland but not in peru! and as for people feeling sorry for them for the conditions in a peru prison or they will be split up......if only all prisons were like that!

theSHU wrote: »
    VIJO
    It was posted a lot.

I had written somthing similar, but deleted it because i thought i was just sounding tetchy because of my hangover. It's not hard to look back a page or two..

But why break the theme of the thread.

But were you kidnapped at gunpoint and made to speed under threat of your life as they claim. If you can't do the time then don't do the crime sure. But innocent until proven guilty, that's what I say.

There is no smoke without fire. Everything about this case screams they are guilty. These were not 2 girls randomly picked by up off the street who were just a couple of innocent holiday makers.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/peru-drugs-arrests-third-girl-2181045

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/aug/23/peru-drug-mule-suspects-foreign-counttry

Looks like a couple of young foolish girls who mixed with the wrong people and will pay for mistakes they knowingly made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

There is no smoke without fire. Everything about this case screams they are guilty. These were not 2 girls randomly picked by up off the street who were just a couple of innocent holiday makers.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/peru-drugs-arrests-third-girl-2181045

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/aug/23/peru-drug-mule-suspects-foreign-counttry

Looks like a couple of young foolish girls who mixed with the wrong people and will pay for mistakes they knowingly made.

That 3rd should think about closing down her facebook account. She's probably 'on the run' and posting all the details on facebook :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭redtapestyl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Rightwing wrote: »
    That 3rd should think about closing down her facebook account. She's probably 'on the run' and posting all the details on facebook :rolleyes:

The third girl is full of sh*t.

OH mY Gawd.

I was like soooo close to going to Peru. I am afraid for my life, i better give all of my details to the Mirror and do an interview.

F*ck.

Off.

Allyall wrote: »
    The third girl is full of sh*t.

OH mY Gawd.

I was like soooo close to going to Peru. I am afraid for my life, i better give all of my details to the Mirror and do an interview.

F*ck.

Off.

Possibly,,,she's still that bit smarter than the other 2 though.

• Advertisement

Either that, or she was never going to be going in the first place.

Or she was so f*cking stupid that the criminals felt sorry for her.

Or she met one of the girls once and wants to be in the newspapers.

So am I, because I was supposed to be the fourth one.

I'll tell you all about it if you give be a couple of grand.

Billy86 wrote: »

Too late,,,,you are the 5th beetle ;)

Being in the paper doesn't make it true, but telling lies leaves you open to being sued. And that will cost you more than a couple of grand.

Too late,,,,you are the 5th beetle ;)
    Bestie beat me to that I'm afraid. :p

But I just don't get why some people are so willing to believe this 'third mule' and the middle-aged walking steroid who was a well known drug dealer (and well could still be; he's hardly going to brag about it at this moment in time), while discarding everything the two girls say as lies. And yes, the same in reverse as well - it just screams of agendas from both directions.

Being in the paper doesn't make it true, but telling lies leaves you open to being sued. And that will cost you more than a couple of grand.
    Only if you damage somebodies good name and reputation, two drug mules don't exactly have a good name and reputation to damage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,404 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

To be honest, for their version of events to be in anyway credible it would be necessary for them to be able to prove that they had been validly covering their expenses in Ibiza and had a solid plan for continuing to cover same for the remainder of the trip. It would also help if they were able to demonstrate that they had not been keeping 'dodgy' company in the weeks before they took off for Peru.

Otherwise, the simplest explanation looks to be the correct one: they were offered cash, told stories of how easy it was and given examples of people they had met or knew over there who had successfully done it a few times and said 'yes' as a way of keeping the dream alive for another while.

Whether they were patsies thrown to the authorities as part of a bigger play wouldn't change the decision they made themselves.

By whom?

I doubt the girls will sue her because she says she was going to go.

I doubt the criminals will sue her because she said that they said they would kill her.

Who's going to sue her though? The girls will be behind bars on the other side of the world, and if they only met in Peru would have no idea if it is true or not. Meanwhile, I doubt anyone who organised the whole operation is going to come out shouting "hold on, I only hired/kidnapped/whatever TWO mules! Who is this liar!?

EDIT: Screw you, Allyall! :p

Only if you damage somebodies good name and reputation, two drug mules don't exactly have a good name and reputation to damage.

That was in response to people calling the third girls account of the situation into question, implying she was lying and therefore they are innocent.

I know well she won't be sued by either the girls or their family's. Imho, I think they are as guilty as sin.

Bestie beat me to that I'm afraid. :p

But I just don't get why some people are so willing to believe this 'third mule' and the middle-aged walking steroid who was a well known drug dealer (and well could still be; he's hardly going to brag about it at this moment in time), while discarding everything the two girls say as lies. And yes, the same in reverse as well - it just screams of agendas from both directions.

It's a case of judgement. There are far too many holes in the girls' story for me to believe what they are saying.

On the otherhand, could it be possible that there was a 3rd girl involved? I can't see why not. And there will be more, that's the sad reality of it.

• Advertisement

huffington post
    some police officers asked us to take a picture with them

The Police officer approached them and asked them to take a picture with their camera?

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

If that's true, and has gone unnoticed...
    I was thinking initially, "yeah right, when do the po-po approach someone and ask to have their picture taken?"
    Then i thought of an answer.

"When they want incriminating evidence after the girls are caught."

Backs up what i was told last night.

I had initially thought thought the Girls thought they were being smart asses, getting a photo smiling with a cop to show off back in Ibiza.

It's a case of judgement. There are far too many holes in the girls' story for me to believe what they are saying.

On the otherhand, could it be possible that there was a 3rd girl involved? I can't see why not. And there will be more, that's the sad reality of it.
    They have done themselves no favours, this is true. But I cannot help but think the other two sources (Knowles/#3) have just as little credibility themselves, and are clearly trying to get their 15 seconds and quick pay-offs from this.

I don't believe for a second that the girls are innocent, but I also would not be shocked if there were circumstances like them initially thinking the haul would be much, much less and got saddled with the 11kg (it's also incredibly consistent in the stories of caught mules - even after their releases or deep into their sentences when it makes no odds either way).

Obviously people don't believe the girls because of a lack of credibility and that they stand to gain something (freedom) by lying; but the same is exactly true of Knowles/#3, only replacing freedom with cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Things just got interestinger

Boombastic wrote: »
    Things just got interestinger

For me also.. (If that wasn't sarcasm.) :)

Why did nearly everything else get leaked, the photo's in Ibiza, the Phone calls, the statements, etc..
    And not the picture of the Cop standing with them.

They have done themselves no favours, this is true. But I cannot help but think the other two sources (Knowles/#3) have just as little credibility themselves, and are clearly trying to get their 15 seconds and quick pay-offs from this.

I don't believe for a second that the girls are innocent, but I also would not be shocked if there were circumstances like them initially thinking the haul would be much, much less and got saddled with the 11kg (it's also incredibly consistent in the stories of caught mules - even after their releases or deep into their sentences when it makes no odds either way).

Obviously people don't believe the girls because of a lack of credibility and that they stand to gain something (freedom) by lying; but the same is exactly true of Knowles/#3, only replacing freedom with cash.

Yeah, I agree.

I think most of what the girls are saying is true, but critically not all of it. Then their credibility is in tatters.

That was in response to people calling the third girls account of the situation into question, implying she was lying and therefore they are innocent.

I know well she won't be sued by either the girls or their family's. Imho, I think they are as guilty as sin.
    No it wasn't, it was in response to this post from me: "So am I, because I was supposed to be the fourth one. I'll tell you all about it if you give be a couple of grand."

I have repeatedly stated, in this thread and the last, time and again, that I think the two girls are largely guilty, but that the full circumstances need to be investigated. You are projecting in an effort to feed your agenda, which is exactly in line with that I have been talking about (people desperate to believe Knowles/#3 and eager to not listen to a word that the two girls have to say at the same time).

Yeah, I agree.

I think most of what the girls are saying is true, but critically not all of it. Then their credibility is in tatters.
    Yeah, I can see where you are coming from as well, don't get me wrong. :)

huffington post

The Police officer approached them and asked them to take a picture with their camera?

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

If that's true, and has gone unnoticed...
    I was thinking initially, "yeah right, when do the po-po approach someone and ask to have their picture taken?"
    Then i thought of an answer.

"When they want incriminating evidence after the girls are caught."

Backs up what i was told last night.

I had initially thought thought the Girls thought they were being smart asses, getting a photo smiling with a cop to show off back in Ibiza.

Except of course you are presuming that the girls are telling the truth about the cop approaching them, and its not like they would lie, I mean they haven't so far:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

For me also.. (If that wasn't sarcasm.) :)

Why did nearly everything else get leaked, the photo's in Ibiza, the Phone calls, the statements, etc..
    And not the picture of the Cop standing with them.

And why would a cop approach them, could the cop be in with the gang?

Except of course you are presuming that the girls are telling the truth about the cop approaching them, and its not like they would lie, I mean they haven't so far:rolleyes:

Well, yeah, but it's a minute detail that they don't seem to have noticed.
    Although, saying that, i can't imagine a cop approaching someone and asking them to take his picture with them on their camera..

AAaahaahhahhah!! :mad:

Too many lies, my head is breaking. I think i've twisted something.

I kinda believe the cop approached them.
    Boombastic wrote: »
    And why would a cop approach them, could the cop be in with the gang?

I don't know, because he was talking to them first? Maybe he knew to keep an eye out for them.

I just think for such a comment to be glanced over, that the girls would have made a bigger issue of it, had they though more about it.

They only refer to it when they are trying to explain why they didn't cry for help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement