Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Peru drug smuggling case - READ OP BEFORE POSTING

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭theSHU

The important detail missing is whether or not the girls were friends in Ibiza. Why would you decide to do a drug run with someone you didn't know really well. This will decide for me the truth behind the police and the girls versions of the story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

theSHU wrote: »
    The important detail missing is whether or not the girls were friends in Ibiza. Why would you decide to do a drug run with someone you didn't know really well. This will decide for me the truth behind the police and the girls versions of the story.

Even if they had met in Ibiza (they did) They didn't know each other "really well".
    They both individually agreed to do the drug run, with (allegedly) other people.

Flew separately over there, and then met up and did their business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

Billy86 wrote: »
    No it wasn't, it was in response to this post from me: "So am I, because I was supposed to be the fourth one. I'll tell you all about it if you give be a couple of grand."

I have repeatedly stated, in this thread and the last, time and again, that I think the two girls are largely guilty, but that the full circumstances need to be investigated. You are projecting in an effort to feed your agenda, which is exactly in line with that I have been talking about (people desperate to believe Knowles/#3 and eager to not listen to a word that the two girls have to say at the same time).

Lol, I didn't realise I had an agenda, thanks for clearing that up. I thought I was just sharing my opinion. I believe in the principle of innocent till proven guilty, but I don't always need a court of law to prove to me personally of the guilt of someone. If they are cleared I'm prepared to admit I was wrong, but I honestly don't think ill have to!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Bogota

Boombastic wrote: »
    And why would a cop approach them, could the cop be in with the gang?

Whenever I've gone to South America I've had loads of random people approach me asking to get in a photo with them. It's actually quite common over there if your white european to be asked to get in a photo

Allyall wrote: »
    Even if they had met in Ibiza (they did) They didn't know each other "really well".
    They both individually agreed to do the drug run, with (allegedly) other people.

Flew separately over there, and then met up and did their business.

Have these pictures been shown to be in Ibiza or Peru. Surely it would be easy to find the location of the pics.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2zuFbm9jUD6ywmwEx9x-va4Sc9gyvrFzKkvNSdckYh6ouCv1hDw

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2zuFbm9jUD6ywmwEx9x-va4Sc9gyvrFzKkvNSdckYh6ouCv1hDw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Lol, I didn't realise I had an agenda, thanks for clearing that up. I thought I was just sharing my opinion. I believe in the principle of innocent till proven guilty, but I don't always need a court of law to prove to me personally of the guilt of someone. If they are cleared I'm prepared to admit I was wrong, but I honestly don't think ill have to!
    Explain to me then why you said "That was in response to people calling the third girls account of the situation into question, implying she was lying and therefore they are innocent. "

How did you come to this conclusion, when I have said time and again that I think they are guilty? That's called projection, which has a funny tendency to manifest when people have an agenda that they are looking to reinforce in their minds at any given opportunity (like as other examples, someone claiming to be a 'third mule' with no substance behind it, or believing a roid-raging, supposedly 'former' drug dealing 'ex' with so many angles to have an axe to grind).

God knows what the situation is with the police, but it is one possibility as the question ringing around here a few days back over 'who took the photo?'

IMO though, it was just taken by someone else that was on the beach, possibly some guy that tried to chat them up (tall and pale white people are ironically seen as 'exotic' over there - just as any South American student over here), hence the third drink.

Still, one of the conspiracy theorists in the audience. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

God knows what the situation is with the police, but it is one possibility as the question ringing around here a few days back over 'who took the photo?'

IMO though, it was just taken by someone else that was on the beach, possibly some guy that tried to chat them up (tall and pale white people are ironically seen as 'exotic' over there - just as any South American student over here), hence the third drink.

Still, one of the conspiracy theorists in the audience. :D

Fair enough for the one on the beach-although the looks to be a glass on the table in a position someone in their company would be seated. ...who would have taken the pic which looks to be on a balcony in an apartment?

Fair enough for the one on the beach-although the looks to be a glass on the table in a position someone in their company would be seated. ...who would have taken the pic which looks to be on a balcony in an apartment?
    Christ only knows about the apartment, though I was mainly joking around about the beach photo.

IMO, the whole 'who took the pictures' angle is completely overblown - loads of times when two girls go on holidays you see pictures of them together (e.g. the photo being taken by someone else) in a number of places. MY guess is the apartment photo was taken by some guy they might have had a one night stand with, or even a cleaner or rep in the complex.

It's a worthwhile angle for the authorities to look into as 'no stone unturned' should always be how these investigations are treated, but I doubt it's anything significant in terms of proving their guilt or their innocence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 The bushman

I have never been to South America,but I have been to the Balearic Islands over the years and the terrain in the back round looks very similar to Ibiza or Majorca.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

Explain to me then why you said "That was in response to people calling the third girls account of the situation into question, implying she was lying and therefore they are innocent. "

How did you come to this conclusion, when I have said time and again that I think they are guilty? That's called projection, which has a funny tendency to manifest when people have an agenda that they are looking to reinforce in their minds at any given opportunity (like as other examples, someone claiming to be a 'third mule' with no substance behind it, or believing a roid-raging, supposedly 'former' drug dealing 'ex' with so many angles to have an axe to grind).

So by you dismissing the third girls claims, you are not projecting the idea that she is totally unreliable as a party who was involved. I didn't say either way whether she was telling the truth or not - "just because its in the paper doesn't mean it's true". Thank you for keep reminding me of my agenda, when and how am I allowed to share my opinion on a discussion site.

I have never been to South America,but I have been to the Balearic Islands over the years and the terrain in the back round looks very similar to Ibiza or Majorca.

I have been to Ibiza and the beaches don't look like that tbh. I think the bikini photo was taken in Peru

Bikini Photo:
    http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/08/18/article-2396773-1B59D80F000005DC-458_634x536.jpg

Lima Beach:
    http://www.andeantravelweb.com/peru/gallery/photos_of_mancora_peru/las_pocitas_beach_mancora_p.jpg

So by you dismissing the third girls claims, you are not projecting the idea that she is totally unreliable as a party who was involved. I didn't say either way whether she was telling the truth or not - "just because its in the paper doesn't mean it's true". Thank you for keep reminding me of my agenda, when and how am I allowed to share my opinion on a discussion site.
    No, I am not. I have said repeatedly that the two girls, the 'third girl' and the steroid fiend are all of questionable credibility, because they all have something significant to gain from lying, be it freedom or money.

So please remind me how I implied the girls were innocent when I have aid over and over and over and over again that I think they are most likely guilty, but that the circumstances surrounding the whole case need to be investigated fully?

"Psychological projection was conceptualized by Sigmund Freud in the 1890s as a defense mechanism in which a person unconsciously rejects his or her own unacceptable attributes by ascribing them to objects or persons in the outside world." ... "Projection of a severe conscience is another form of defence, one which may be linked to the making of false accusations, personal or political." Fits the bill quite well for your assumption that I am implying they are innocent, actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 The bushman

I have been to Ibiza and the beaches don't look like that tbh. I think the bikini photo was taken in Peru

Bikini Photo:
    http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/08/18/article-2396773-1B59D80F000005DC-458_634x536.jpg

Lima Beach:

http://www.andeantravelweb.com/peru/gallery/photos_of_mancora_peru/las_pocitas_beach_mancora_p.jpg

It could be ballybunion in co. Kerry, and that could be a bottle of ballygowan or Kerry spring water on the table :-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 125 ✭✭wishwashwoo

There guilty take it from one who knows they knew from the second they were asked it would be a game of Russian roulette. There will always be the need for donkeys and mules there not the first there not the last. The tooks the chances they walk the plankces. Here end it the lesson!!!

• Advertisement

There guilty take it from one who knows they knew from the second they were asked it would be a game of Russian roulette. There will always be the need for donkeys and mules there not the first there not the last. The tooks the chances they walk the plankces. Here end it the lesson!!!
    http://www.dictionary.com

How do you 'know' so much though, done muling before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Oh Jesus Christ, my brain is bleeding.

Sorry, had to run out. They have (i think) said in their statements that the pics were taken on a Sunday in Majorca.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭redtapestyl

This is turning into the plot of a Hollywood Blockbuster.. the 2 pretty white girls claiming they were setup as drug mules, the "3rd" girl who backed out last minute, the one-eyed ex-drug dealer juice head refuting their story, the "mystery" photographers, the solicitor practicing law in another jurisdiction, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,695 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

:pac:

I'm not sure, but can't she be done for failing to give information that she has? Again, makes no sense to sell your story to papers and get your picture all over them when you are "on the run" and "scared for your safety"/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Sir Humphrey Appleby

I'm not sure, but can't she be done for failing to give information that she has? Again, makes no sense to sell your story to papers and get your picture all over them when you are "on the run" and "scared for your safety"/

No, she is not being questioned about any crime that was committed in the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

I think this just about sums it up, Melissa's father:

Her father described the situation as a “nightmare” saying she should change her plea in order to reduce her sentence because “it’s indefensible to say that they didn’t have drugs or know they had drugs”.
    He told the Mail on Sunday: “They should plead guilty. They should work with the authorities, tell them everything they know.”
    He continued: “These girls are young. They may be living in cloud cuckoo land and thinking that magically next week they’re going to go free.”
    Mr Reid, from Lenzie near Glasgow, visited the women in prison on Friday.
    He added: “As I sit here tonight, I’m still not 100 per cent about their story. But two girls, who prior to Ibiza did not know each other, are telling a very similar story.

No, she is not being questioned about any crime that was committed in the UK.
    Hey story really does slot in conveniently to have absolutely zero consequences or repercussions were is completely fabricated, I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭MonaPizza

Christ only knows about the apartment, though I was mainly joking around about the beach photo.

IMO, the whole 'who took the pictures' angle is completely overblown - loads of times when two girls go on holidays you see pictures of them together (e.g. the photo being taken by someone else) in a number of places. MY guess is the apartment photo was taken by some guy they might have had a one night stand with, or even a cleaner or rep in the complex.

It's a worthwhile angle for the authorities to look into as 'no stone unturned' should always be how these investigations are treated, but I doubt it's anything significant in terms of proving their guilt or their innocence.

I have a photo of me sitting in a care in Vienna. Want to know who took it? Nobody. I set the camera to autoshoot.

MonaPizza wrote: »
    I have a photo of me sitting in a care in Vienna. Want to know who took it? Nobody. I set the camera to autoshoot.
    What an age we live in. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭constance tench

Rightwing wrote: »

Her father described the situation as a “nightmare” saying she should change her plea in order to reduce her sentence because “it’s indefensible to say that they didn’t have drugs or know they had drugs”.
    He told the Mail on Sunday: “They should plead guilty. They should work with the authorities, tell them everything they know.”
    He continued: “These girls are young. They may be living in cloud cuckoo land and thinking that magically next week they’re going to go free.”
    He added: “As I sit here tonight, I’m still not 100 per cent about their story. But two girls, who prior to Ibiza did not know each other, are telling a very similar story.

Also, Melissa stated that she collected the packages in two runs ...yet the video apparently shows Michaella doing a run...[possibly one run each?]...and they still havent explained why they both had equal amounts ..that IMO is going to be a very difficult question for the girls to answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Norwesterner

brianblaze wrote: »
    Wouldn't those pictures be in Ibiza...
    Yet, they said they didn't meet each other until Peru.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Where are there pictures of both girls together on the beach??

• Advertisement

This is true.
    But don't newspaper reports claim that they did become friends in Ibiza, I could be wrong but I thought the Sindo said that last Sunday,

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭constance tench

Not sure about that..didnt they state they apparently met in Majorca for the first time?... possibly it was taken there.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Where are there pictures of both girls together on the beach??
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=86192307&postcount=959
    Not sure about that..didnt they state they apparently met in Majorca for the first time?... possibly it was taken there.

Yeah, they met in Majorca and went to the beach on the Sunday, that's where (supposedly) the pics were taken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Being cloe to the equator, there;s not much of a diffeence between winter and summer in Peru.

Are you saying they were photoshopped?

Thats not true. Average temps below:

Enero a marzo: 21 - 29 °C (70 - 84 °F).

Abril a junio: 17 - 27 °C (63 - 81 °F).

Julio a setiembre: 15 - 19 °C (59 - 66 °F).

Octubre a diciembre: 16 - 24 °C (61 - 75 °F).

Right now it's winter, you wouldnt be in your skimpies on a beach in peru until oct at the v earliest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,190 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Rightwing wrote: »

Yeah the dad is right, the fact is there was coke in their bags and they new it was there, best admit it and start their sentence. I bit the bullet last night and YouTubed "banged up abroad peru" ....the Peruvians must see this stuff every week! The American girls story sounds identical to this one, and if you compare the actual story of the Americans to the fabricated current one it all makes sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I am glad the dad sees the reality for what it is. Hopefully he convince the girls of the same. Not blowing our trumpet but many AH'ers were saying the same thing on the day the news came out two weeks ago in the original thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I guess I would have to agree that they should just be honest about their plea and go with guilty. There is no chance of them being just allowed to walk free at this stage I would imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

I am pie wrote: »
    Thats not true. Average temps below:

Enero a marzo: 21 - 29 °C (70 - 84 °F).

Abril a junio: 17 - 27 °C (63 - 81 °F).

Julio a setiembre: 15 - 19 °C (59 - 66 °F).

Octubre a diciembre: 16 - 24 °C (61 - 75 °F).

Right now it's winter, you wouldnt be in your skimpies on a beach in peru until oct at the v earliest.

Spot on pie ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Mammanabammana

Judging from this pic it seems they're not entirely new to this game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Norwesterner

Belter. The girls even got the facial expressions down to a tee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I presume there's a prize for the 20th person to post that picture of the kids?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Jesus. :(
    I presume there's a prize for the 20th person to post that picture of the kids?

In fairness its a great pic ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

This post has been deleted.

But surely someone just seeing that picture now, can't seriously think they're the first to see it and think it's be an original thing to post?

• Advertisement

Has anyone seen banged up abroad?

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Mammanabammana

But surely someone just seeing that picture now, can't seriously think they're the first to see it and think it's be an original thing to post?

It's new to me therefore it will be new to others.

Dear mods,
    Can you please make posting that pic a bannable offence.
    Sir H.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭redtapestyl

New pics of them after being arrested just released:

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/334095/268930.jpg

Also, I'd say they will feature on an upcoming episode of "Banged up abroad" in the not too distant future.

Has anyone seen banged up abroad?

LoL that gave me a big laugh ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement