Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Peru drug smuggling case - READ OP BEFORE POSTING

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Okay so that picture of the two little two girls is hilarious (particularly the face on "Melissa" :D)

But seriously stop posting it thinking you're the first to post it peoples

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,005 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Hi, Ok, maybe said before, but I just skimmed the thread. Lol

How much is a plane ticket from Ibiza to Lima? And back? Cheapest now on sky scanner please with a few days notice, for those girls doing literally freebie work in Ibiza. My my.

Anyhow, it's the silly season, no news of any TD caught with pants down, or stealing money from the taxpayer, and all the pesky civil servants are on holidays, do they don't give a shyte either. Paper soaks up ink.

So what have we got? Yep. this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

How much is a plane ticket from Ibiza to Lima? And back? Cheapest now on sky scanner please with a few days notice, for those girls doing literally freebie work in Ibiza. My my.
    NOBODY thinks they paid their own airfares.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭constance tench

Anyhow, it's the silly season, no news of any TD caught with pants down, or stealing money from the taxpayer, and all the pesky civil servants are on holidays, do they don't give a shyte either. Paper soaks up ink.

Apparently Michaella flew out first class...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Anyone who books a flight from Europe to Peru within a few days of the departure date might as well wear a t-shirt with 'Mule' on it.

But where did they get nearly a thousand quid all the same for that? Not to mind taxis to hotel and hotel charges, food, drinks and so on etc? When they were living on air over in Ibiza really.

Silly fillies.

But where did they get nearly a thousand quid all the same for that? Not to mind taxis to hotel and hotel charges, food, drinks and so on etc? When they were living on air over in Ibiza really.

Silly fillies.

With all due respect... read the thread.

With all due respect... read the thread.

Sorry there, just skimmed , Am a lazy so and so, just want a quick update!

As you do!

And of course I thought my musings were earth shattering too...lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Letter home from Melissa to her family in the mail.
    I looked for it here, but couldn't find it, so i'm guessing it hasn't been posted before.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2401530/Peru-drug-mule-reveals-struggle-life-bars-emotional-letter-home.html

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭LittleMissDiva

theSHU wrote: »
    I have been to Ibiza and the beaches don't look like that tbh. I think the bikini photo was taken in Peru

Bikini Photo:
    http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/08/18/article-2396773-1B59D80F000005DC-458_634x536.jpg

Lima Beach:
    http://www.andeantravelweb.com/peru/gallery/photos_of_mancora_peru/las_pocitas_beach_mancora_p.jpg

I was in Ibiza quiet often, also to similar beaches like the one on the pictures which can reached via boat from San Antonio harbor

Allyall wrote: »
    I looked for it here, but couldn't find it, so i'm guessing it hasn't been posted before.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2401530/Peru-drug-mule-reveals-struggle-life-bars-emotional-letter-home.html

Bemused why the Family are apparently providing private correspondence to the Daily Mail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Bemused why the Family are apparently providing private correspondence to the Daily Mail.
    More likely yet another leak from the Peruvian justice system.

Phoebas wrote: »
    More likely yet another leak from the Peruvian justice system.
    yes ...was pondering that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

The article mentioned the letter was crumbled, probably it was a draft letter that she crumbled up and chucked in the bin. Either that or the Mail wrote the letter themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

They probably need to finance a legal team and future visits, they are going to have massive costs over the next few years. Selling their story to the media is one of the few options for them to raise some money for this.

The article mentioned the letter was crumbled, probably it was a draft letter that she crumbled up and chucked in the bin. Either that or the Mail wrote the letter themselves.

If I was in that situation...Id be eating my words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

Would they have donated money to me if they hadn't being caught .....?They family asking for a donation is taking the p1ss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Mammanabammana

To get public opinion onside?

Snowc wrote: »
    Would they have donated money to me if they hadn't being caught .....?They family asking for a donation is taking the p1ss

If you had a child in that situation you would do anything to help them. If you don't like it, don't donate. Simple.

Most charities out there are taking the pis_s as it is with their fat cat saleries

To get public opinion onside?

possibly..from a more cynical aspect...was thinking that [cynically] too.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭rustedtrumpet

What are you on about? Is there something mentally wrong with you?

No need for that IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Silly fillies.

They flew first class so it wasnt 1k, its more like 10k, all part of the deal i guess

• Advertisement

Not that I know of.. But I just wondered about the logistics of this caper.

imitation wrote: »
    They flew first class so it wasnt 1k, its more like 10k, all part of the deal i guess

Didn't hear about first class.

Jeez no wonder they were fingered by the authorities.

Naive or stoooooopid? I wonder?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I am pie wrote: »
    Thats not true. Average temps below:

Enero a marzo: 21 - 29 °C (70 - 84 °F).

Abril a junio: 17 - 27 °C (63 - 81 °F).

Julio a setiembre: 15 - 19 °C (59 - 66 °F).

Octubre a diciembre: 16 - 24 °C (61 - 75 °F).

Right now it's winter, you wouldnt be in your skimpies on a beach in peru until oct at the v earliest.

Also....not true. Mancora in northern Peru is hot all year round being so close to the equator. I got badly burned there in August. Average temperatures for a country as massive as Peru are not possible. You have to do it by region.

Also, the sand, as far as I remember, was yellower than in those photos so it's probably not there. Does Ibiza really have white sandy beaches?

dory wrote: »
    Also....not true. Mancora in northern Peru is hot all year round being so close to the equator. I got badly burned there in August. Average temperatures for a country as massive as Peru are not possible. You have to do it by region.

Also, the sand, as far as I remember, was yellower than in those photos so it's probably not there. Does Ibiza really have white sandy beaches?

I dont know for sure...but I know cameras have different settings.

My cynical side says, there will be books, interviews, shows, and so on from this eventually.

A long term investment, and Fifteen minutes of fame!

Ga.. Go get a life Spanish Eyes FGS!

• Advertisement

My cynical side says, there will be books, interviews, shows, and so on from this eventually.

A long term investment, and Fifteen minutes of fame!

Ga.. Go get a life Spanish Eyes FGS!

jeez I know:)...far from school debating!

Didn't hear about first class.

Jeez no wonder they were fingered by the authorities.

Naive or stoooooopid? I wonder?

There has been no official confirmation, as far as I know, of either of them flying first class.

There has been no official confirmation, as far as I know, of either of them flying first class.

Well even cattle class is amazing for two dudes working the bars half nekkid in Ibiza.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭redtapestyl

Hey, this is a forum thread (and more importantly - part of the bigger online/tv/radio/print media circus surrounding the case) so anything goes! No proof or evidence is required here, just think of something random and categorically state it as fact.

You think they flew business class? They probably did then!

Not sure about that...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Hey, this is a forum thread (and more importantly - part of the bigger online/tv/radio/print media circus surrounding the case) so anything goes! No proof or evidence is required here, just think of something random and categorically state it as fact.

He didn't pull that out of a hat, it was mentioned earlier in the thread and I believe was printed in one of the early reports. Very few people have made 'crazy' assertions, and as 'trigger happy' pointed out earlier, many of the comments from the beginning have basically been essentially confirmed by Melissa's father's comments today in the DM.

Posters here have been meticulous...otherwise... shot down...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Amazingfun wrote: »
    He didn't pull that out of a hat, it was mentioned earlier in the thread and I believe was printed in one of the early reports. Very few people have made 'crazy' assertions, and as 'trigger happy' pointed out earlier, many of the comments from the beginning have basically been essentially confirmed by Melissa's father's comments today in the DM.

Apologies, didnt realize it was unconfirmed they flew first class, Id be the first to blast somebody for doing it too !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

I've friends that have worked in Ibiza for a summer in college. You need a few grand saved up before you go over, the wages club workers get are not even worth talking about - 40 euro a night max. Some of the nightclubs for example are 60-70 cover charge so when even if your working it's easy to rack up a big debt quickly and have to come home.

Apologies, didnt realize it was unconfirmed they flew first class, Id be the first to blast somebody for doing it too !

:confused:

• Advertisement

We will forget these girls in approximately five days from now.

Then it is NEXT!

Think about it.

Please dont make me trawl through the posts!...apparently it has been confirmed...by the girls and a rubber stamp...

[ Michealla flew out first class]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Last edited by constance tench; Today at 00:33. Reason: Drunk

:D

Amazingfun wrote: »
    :D

aaaassssebaaaghebaaaa...gnight floks...C

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Where are there pictures of both girls together on the beach??

Don't worry, I've seen it and you're not missing much!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Allyall wrote: »

I think it tells you everthing you need to know about the daily mail that they took the time to point out that her use of "its" instead of "it's" is grammatically incorrect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭SyntonFenix

I think it tells you everthing you need to know about the daily mail that they took the time to point out that her use of "its" instead of "it's" is grammatically incorrect.

The two-sided letter, written on crumpled A4 paper, reveals Melissa’s struggle with life behind bars.

She wrote: ‘Everything here is so corrupt like you said it’s all about money, especially in jail!!! I have heard stories but I need to keep strong because it could only be word of mouth!’

Of her fellow captive, she wrote: ‘I have made a sister for life in Michaella. I say sister because our bond is just beginning and no matter what we go through it will never be broken.’

Has Peter Madden written all over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Norwesterner

But surely someone just seeing that picture now, can't seriously think they're the first to see it and think it's be an original thing to post?
    New to me.
    Not all of us read every post on Boards.
    Get over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

New to me.
    Not all of us read every post on Boards.
    Get over it.

I'm not saying read the whole thread, just maybe the previous hour's posts or the previous few pages and you would have seen that picture posted on numerous occasions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,041 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Advertisement