Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Peru drug smuggling case - READ OP BEFORE POSTING

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭SyntonFenix

imitation wrote: »
    The lawyer was also appealing for funds, cant help but have mixed feelings about, on one hand its really hard on the family, on the other how innocent are they ?

Just remember who is responsible for bringing all this on their families.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,190 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

i'd say there is a little bit of truth there...i'd say it was all nicey nicey until they got to peru (free holiday, money and shopping)...I would not be surprised if there was pressure put on them then and even guns being produced by the peru contacts, i'd say they would have had second thoughts when they saw the size of the packages but felt it was too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Grandpa Hassan

The lawyer was also appealing for funds, cant help but have mixed feelings about, on one hand its really hard on the family, on the other how innocent are they ?

That fund raiding request p *sses me off a bit. The will do their 2 years and then come back to celebrity talk shows and offers of book deals. They'll make money out of this as they will be portrayed not as drug smugglers (who may well have got cold feet and been forced to go through with it, but were happy to play the game at least to start with), but as nice, God fearing, home loving girls who suffered a great injustice.

WIll they pay back any donations from the proceeds of their inevitable book deal? Will they ****!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

I think they were very smart bringing Madden in on it all. He can now work on getting them agents or become their agents to organise tv appearances, a book contract, tv dramatisation deals etc.

Also its probably a bit of a comfort to them that they have someone they can talk to in their own language who understands law and can talk to his Peruvian counterparts on their level.

I haven't yet but I probably will throw a few quid into the pot because it is going to be a long 2 years or so for them all and I feel a bit sorry for them (mostly their families). Some of my family and friends have had connections with the family down the years and its kinda hard to turn your back on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

That fund raiding request p *sses me off a bit. The will do their 2 years and then come back to celebrity talk shows and offers of book deals. They'll make money out of this as they will be portrayed not as drug smugglers (who may well have got cold feet and been forced to go through with it, but were happy to play the game at least to start with), but as nice, God fearing, home loving girls who suffered a great injustice.

WIll they pay back any donations from the proceeds of their inevitable book deal? Will they ****!

I wouldn't obsess about book deals.
    Even best selling factual books sell little more than a few thousand copies in the UK, in Ireland sales of a few hundred can get you to number 1 - bar ex-Presidents and ex-primeMinisters I doubt anyone has made decent money from an autobiographical book since about the mid 90s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

How does he know that they will do 'a little over 2 years' if they plead guilty?
    It's been mentioned over and over again. Going by previous similar cases, they'll serve at least 3 years before their trial even begins.
    Stupid lawyer.

I'd say the real reason for him choosing now to release this 'revelation' is to both keep them in the media, and use it as an excuse as to why they pleaded guilty.

Ass.

F**K OFF!!

Taking the absolute p*ss.

I'm happy for them that they may change their plea, as it undoubtedly means they'll serve 1/6th of what they are expected to serve at the moment if things stay this way. But if they think that they will convince me that they are only pleading guilty because they are being forced... then :mad::mad:

It wouldn't surprise me also, if the 'funds' are to pay someone off. Probably more expensive now after last weeks debacle.

I wouldn't obsess about book deals.
    Even best selling factual books sell little more than a few thousand copies in the UK, in Ireland sales of a few hundred can get you to number 1 - bar ex-Presidents and ex-primeMinisters I doubt anyone has made decent money from an autobiographical book since about the mid 90s.
    a sunday world peru special maybe!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Allyall wrote: »
    It's been mentioned over and over again. Going by previous similar cases, they'll serve at least 3 years before their trial even begins.
    Stupid lawyer.

He's basing the 'just over 2 years' on a new law proposed in Peru that will allow foreigners who plead guilty to get 7 year sentences but will get 2 thirds remission so they'll only have to serve 2.3 years.

I don't know how close (if at all) that law is to coming into effect though.

Witchie wrote: »
    I think they were very smart bringing Madden in on it all. He can now work on getting them agents or become their agents to organise tv appearances, a book contract, tv dramatisation deals etc.

Did they seek him or did he seek them? Wouldn't be surprised if he appeared at the family home up the North.
    Also its probably a bit of a comfort to them that they have someone they can talk to in their own language who understands law and can talk to his Peruvian counterparts on their level.

You come across as if the two women got a flat tyre in the middle of nowhere and needed urgent attention. They tried to smuggle 12kg of cocaine! These aren't two women in distress here, they made decisions that led to this.

How about do something more useful and offer comfort to the families that have lost members of their family to drugs?
    I haven't yet but I probably will throw a few quid into the pot because it is going to be a long 2 years or so for them all and I feel a bit sorry for them (mostly their families). Some of my family and friends have had connections with the family down the years and its kinda hard to turn your back on them.

Ah right, so it's ok to support drug smugglers that you know? They deserve those 2 long years and anything the Peruvian courts give them. Like any other drug runner or drug dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

he has told them how the system works - its up to them to decide. He will represent (along with the local lawyer) whatever they decide. He has to tell them upfront what the situation is - he wouldn't be much of a lawyer otherwise. Still, I guess is way more sensationalist for board members to say he is backtracking. Any lawyer would have to inform their client about how a system worlds.

:rolleyes:

oh please. We ALL "knew how the system worked" within hours of their being arrested, lol. What has he said that differs from ANY one of the many mules already 'banged up' in Peru?

Not one iota. And he is only admitting this now? Good lord.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

Amazingfun wrote: »
    oh please. We ALL "knew how the system worked" within hours of their being arrested, lol. What has he said that differs from ANY one of the many mules already 'banged up' in Peru?

Not one iota. And he is only admitting this now? Good lord.

don't give up the day job.....if you have one. :D

why does anyone hire lawyer anymore - sure we have google and boards.

He's basing the 'just over 2 years' on a new law proposed in Peru that will allow foreigners who plead guilty to get 7 year sentences but will get 2 thirds remission so they'll only have to serve 2.3 years.

I don't know how close (if at all) that law is to coming into effect though.

Oh, yeah, sorry, i know that. My post didn't come out the way it sounded in my head... :o

I meant, it has been said before, if they plead guilty, they will be up in court within 6 months, and out by (roughly) 2017.
    Whereas pleading not guilty, their trial will only start then. A Peruvian lawyer could have saved them all the hassle and cráp last week, and sorted it then.
    But if he thinks that people will believe they are only 'guilty' because they wanted to get out sooner, then... Nah, not buying it. They are only pleading guilty because their lies didn't work.

Did they seek him or did he seek them? Wouldn't be surprised if he appeared at the family home up the North.

You come across as if the two women got a flat tyre in the middle of nowhere and needed urgent attention. They tried to smuggle 12kg of cocaine! These aren't two women in distress here, they made decisions that led to this.

How about do something more useful and offer comfort to the families that have lost members of their family to drugs?

Ah right, so it's ok to support drug smugglers that you know? They deserve those 2 long years and anything the Peruvian courts give them. Like any other drug runner or drug dealer.

Firstly, I am extremely anti drugs, they ruined my marriage and caused psychosis in family member that I love dearly. I would never defend anyone smuggling drugs.

I am a parent. I look at those 2 stupid gullible girls and my heart breaks thinking how their families feel knowing the hell they are going to live for the next few years and that is where my sympathy lies. I would lose my life if one of my children went through this coz no matter what they had done they would still be my baby.

It just makes it more "real" to me that I have some knowledge of one of them and know a little of her life circumstances.

I am not or never would excuse a drug dealer.

Oh, yeah, sorry, i know that. My post didn't come out the way it sounded in my head... :o

I meant, it has been said before, if they plead guilty, they will be up in court within 6 months, and out by (roughly) 2017.
    Whereas pleading not guilty, their trial will only start then. A Peruvian lawyer could have saved them all the hassle and cráp last week, and sorted it then.
    But if he thinks that people will believe they are only 'guilty' because they wanted to get out sooner, then... Nah, not buying it. They are only pleading guilty because their lies didn't work.

you do know that they have a peruvian lawyer, don't you?

the irish lawyer was brought in so the two girls could understand what is going on - he gets to explain the intricacies in ENGLISH to the girls. He deals with the legal stuff with the peruvian lawyer and then explain it to the two girls. I don't think some board members understand this at all. They would rather the two girls hire a peruvian lawyer and have no understanding of what is going on at all. weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

the irish lawyer was brought in so the two girls could understand what is going on - he gets to explain the intricacies in ENGLISH to the girls. He deals with the legal stuff with the peruvian lawyer and then explain it to the two girls. I don't think some board members understand this at all. They would rather the two girls hire a peruvian lawyer and have no understanding of what is going on at all. weird.

You are aware that many Peruvians also speak English, yes?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

he has told them how the system works - its up to them to decide. He will represent (along with the local lawyer) whatever they decide. He has to tell them upfront what the situation is - he wouldn't be much of a lawyer otherwise. Still, I guess is way more sensationalist for board members to say he is backtracking. Any lawyer would have to inform their client about how a system worlds.

:rolleyes:

He told the World Media "they were kidnapped....they were threatened by armed men...they were put in fear of thier lives"....he said it as if he believed it himself.

If he actually believed it himself he'd be doing his damndest to get the girls free AND he'd have a huge amount of evidence to support thier story ..that's after all what lawyers are paid to do.

He has obviously since realised they've been telling a pack of lies and he's now engaging in a spot of damage limitation as he know's he'll be unable to find any evidence to support thier story.

I also think they won't be thanking him for bleating on about conditions in Peruvian custody as being "Unnaceptable"...he'll be sitting pretty in Dungannon or wherever and they'll be the ones the other inmates will be looking to hurt.

kylith wrote: »
    You are aware that many Peruvians also speak English, yes?

yes, but the girls I am sure are not up on the legal terms and references. They didn't study law. It would be extremely hard for them to understand legal terms in a foreign country - hence the hiring of a lawyer that can get through all this legal stuff with a local lawyer and then and give the girls a coherent version in their own language. Is that too impossible to understand, - I would have thought it was quite logical.

chopper6 wrote: »
    He told the World Media "they were kidnapped....they were threatened by armed men...they were put in fear of thier lives"....he said it as if he believed it himself.

If he actually believed it himself he'd be doing his damndest to get the girls free AND he'd have a huge amount of evidence to support thier story ..that's after all what lawyers are paid to do.

He has obviously since realised they've been telling a pack of lies and he's now engaging in a spot of damage limitation as he know's he'll be unable to find any evidence to support thier story.

I also think they won't be thanking him for bleating on about conditions in Peruvian custody as being "Unnaceptable"...he'll be sitting pretty in Dungannon or wherever and they'll be the ones the other inmates will be looking to hurt.

jesus wept. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

So they are paying lawyer's fees for a translator with limited PR ability?

Perhaps a peruvian english speaking lawyer would have been straight with them before they got in front of anyone else, judges, police etc. Could have told them to roll up on whoever they met in Peru/Spain and could have told them to plead guilty & do the minimum time.

This would have cheaper and more effective than hiring Madden and flying him back and forth...then asking for help with expenses! Expenses should have been limited to negotiating a guilty plea and getting money into prison for food. Max 10e per day...we're talking a few grand here + lawyers fees (local).

The rest of the fund gets spunked on irish lawyers fees when they would be better directed toward buying flights for the family to talk sense into the 2 of them. Also, i suspect one lawyer for the 2 would help, split costs.

Is madden representing both?

• Advertisement

yes, but the girls I am sure are not up on the legal terms and references. They didn't study law. It would be extremely hard for them to understand legal terms in a foreign country - hence the hiring of a lawyer that can get through all this legal stuff with a local lawyer and then and give the girls a coherent version in their own language. Is that too impossible to understand, - I would have thought it was quite logical.

Why? Peruvians are capable of speaking English perfectly well. The above is fairly far fetched and patronising.

No peruvian lawyer would be able to say "The truth is that you can wait 2 years for a trial and run the risk of 10 more inside or you can plead guilty and do 2 maybe 3 max, either way you'll be inside for 2" ??

Fairly patronising claim to make in fairness.

I am pie wrote: »
    Why? Peruvians are capable of speaking English perfectly well. The above is fairly far fetched and patronising.

No peruvian lawyer would be able to say "The truth is that you can wait 2 years for a trial and run the risk of 10 more inside or you can plead guilty and do 2 maybe 3 max, either way you'll be inside for 2" ??

Fairly patronising claim to make in fairness.

don't think so - I think it's fairly logical myself. I would rather have a lawyer from home tell me the rules than somebody from a different country who I would find hard to understand. But hey, some people might just settle for anything.

don't think so - I think it's fairly logical myself. Up to you the way you see it I guess.

What do you not think? That a peruvian lawyer can't speak English and say that sentence?

It has nothing to do with perspective or anything else, just ignorance.

don't think so - I think it's fairly logical myself. I would rather have a lawyer from home tell me the rules than somebody from a different country who I would find hard to understand. But hey, some people might just settle for anything.

So the crux of your argument is that they aren't intelligent enough to understand someone speaking English in a different accent.

Ridiculous.

I am pie wrote: »
    What do you not think? That a peruvian lawyer can't speak English and say that sentence?

It has nothing to do with perspective or anything else, just ignorance.

as I said, some people settle for less
    if you don't understand why they did it don't worry, some people understand exactly why.

tell the truth and get 2.3 years or lie and get 10! that's about where we are now???

Good job they are not in bali...

• Advertisement

as I said, some people settle for less
    if you don't understand why they did it don't worry, some people understand exactly why.

Some people have a very limited understand of what "less" really is and what "waste of money" means and also of the concept of a misplaced superiority complex. I imagine the Peruvians are having a fair old chuckle about the Irish lawyers series of confused about turns.

Still, perhaps they don't need the money to fly their parents out and it is better given to the confused Irish lawyer.

Value for money indeed.

I have some magic beans I would like to sell you...come and see me about them. You seem like the buying type.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭EdCastle

They'll make money out of this as they will be portrayed not as drug smugglers (who may well have got cold feet and been forced to go through with it, but were happy to play the game at least to start with), but as nice, God fearing, home loving girls who suffered a great injustice.
    *!

They were stupid enough to do what they did and end up where they are.
    How the hell could they be smart enough to make money from this?

You're overestimating these women and underestimating the public, it's not Lindsey Lohan or Wesley Snipes we are talking about here. Nobody gives two sh*tes about these women, they are already becoming last weeks news.

Being banged up in a Peruvian prison is interesting for some people up a point but lets not run away with ourselves.....book deals, Tv chat shows, would you go on with yourself!

They will have a serious criminal record that will limit any opportunities for the remainder of their adult life. The folly of youth....that is their future!

Yeah. The reason their court appearance kept getting delayed was because they said they were waiting for a translator. As far as i remember they were waiting for Peter Madden.
    Their Peruvian lawyer from my understanding, is under Peter Madden. He may have given them plenty of advice, including what he thought was the best course of action. But Peter Madden ultimately went with what he believed was the best way, and advised the girls.

I'd suspect also that he saw a degree of fame in it. Now he is just trying to keep the medias attention on the girls and Peru.

The Scottish girls (Melissa) father has since said they should plead guilty. No doubt causing a bit of a problem with Michaella and Madden.
    Which leads us to now. Peter Madden announcing today that they would have to plead guilty if they want to get out in 2-3 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,153 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

i'd say there is a little bit of truth there...i'd say it was all nicey nicey until they got to peru (free holiday, money and shopping)...I would not be surprised if there was pressure put on them then and even guns being produced by the peru contacts, i'd say they would have had second thoughts when they saw the size of the packages but felt it was too late.

I think that's exactly what happened here. The fact they are still not changing their story makes believe they are just the scapegoats in this sorry mess. I heard the lawyer on Morning Ireland this morning appealing for donations. I think I will donate something not much maybe 20 euro but if everyone did this it would really help...

But a lawyer from 'home' wouldn't understand local laws, and they'd still have to deal with the accent of the Peruvian lawyer which would mean that instead of being able to say to the lawyer directly 'I don't understand' if you don't understand, you'd have an Irish lawyer relaying to you what he understands the Peruvian lawyer told him; it'd be a game of Chinese Whispers except that if the Irish lawyer misunderstands what the Peruvian has told him you get to spend more time in jail.

• Advertisement

Yeah. The reason their court appearance kept getting delayed was because they said they were waiting for a translator. As far as i remember they were waiting for Peter Madden.
    Their Peruvian lawyer from my understanding, is under Peter Madden. He may have given them plenty of advice, including what he thought was the best course of action. But Peter Madden ultimately went with what he believed was the best way, and advised the girls.

I'd suspect also that he saw a degree of fame in it. Now he is just trying to keep the medias attention on the girls and Peru.

The Scottish girls (Melissa) father has since said they should plead guilty. No doubt causing a bit of a problem with Michaella and Madden.
    Which leads us to now. Peter Madden announcing today that they would have to plead guilty if they want to get out in 2-3 years.

i pointed out the defects in your post. Let's leave it to the professionals shall we :D:D

Heard locally that Madden paid for his own flight and even the brothers. Its cheap advertising for him.

But a lawyer from 'home' wouldn't understand local laws, and they'd still have to deal with the accent of the Peruvian lawyer which would mean that instead of being able to say to the lawyer directly 'I don't understand' if you don't understand, you'd have an Irish lawyer relaying to you what he understands the Peruvian lawyer told him; it'd be a game of Chinese Whispers except that if the Irish lawyer misunderstands what the Peruvian has told him you get to spend more time in jail.

right so. Ever read a legal document? its hard enough in english without dealing with it in a foreign country in a foreign language. With the exception of all these board members who know everything. :o:o

i pointed out the defects in your post. Let's leave it to the professionals shall we :D:D
    Not defects.
    I put them there assuming they'd be noticed, so i wouldn't be accused of having my facts wrong :).
    Easy to look up, but fecked if i'm going to.

Either way, the next time (Excluding an escape or extremely unusual/weird circumstances) anyone hears from the girls in court will be at the very earliest March next year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

DellyBelly wrote: »
    I think that's exactly what happened here. The fact they are still not changing their story makes believe they are just the scapegoats in this sorry mess. I heard the lawyer on Morning Ireland this morning appealing for donations. I think I will donate something not much maybe 20 euro but if everyone did this it would really help...

Bloody hell.....whichever way you look at it They are drug smugglers!!!

The drugs were in thier bags and they knew they were in thier bags...nobody flew them at gunpoint to peru,nobody bayonetted them in the door at Lima airport and you want to give them money????

The only thing that would "really help" is a really long sentence from the peruvian court in that it might just dissuade similar-minded idiots from attempting to make money from smuggling drugs.

right so. Ever read a legal document? its hard enough in english without dealing with it in a foreign country in a foreign language. With the exception of all these board members who know everything. :o:o

Actually, I do pretty well with Legalese.

How's Madden's Spanish? I'll wager it's not as good as that of a Peruvian lawyer, who would almost certainly speak very good English, as has any South American person I've met.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

How's Madden's Spanish? I'll wager it's not as good as that of a Peruvian lawyer, who would almost certainly speak very good English, as has any South American person I've met.

They do have a Peruvian lawyer, he doesn't speak for them in court. He seems to be acting as some kind of liaison. I'd imagine it helps to have someone who can help select a local lawyer for you and make sure they're up to the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

You'd rather have a lawyer from home who has no idea of the Peruvian justice system tell you the rules than a Peruvian laywer who is versed in Peruvian law and has probably been practising for years??

Some people would settle for some weird things when they are in trouble abroad :rolleyes:

Heard locally that Madden paid for his own flight and even the brothers. Its cheap advertising for him.

Have you heard locally how he got the Colombian 3 back to Ireland?

Might consider that an option in this case.

oh so its the "I'm alright Jack" syndrome you have then. You doing "pretty well with legalese" means that two twenty year old girls have not reason not to do as well as yourself. :roll eyes:

I get where you're coming from how - hope it all keeps fine for you and yours.

• Advertisement

You'd rather have a lawyer from home who has no idea of the Peruvian justice system tell you the rules than a Peruvian laywer who is versed in Peruvian law and has probably been practising for years??

Some people would settle for some weird things when they are in trouble abroad :rolleyes:

not even close to what is being said. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I don't see a problem with the idea of having a lawyer from home going out to help them and interface with the local legal team. Having someone who can talk intelligently to the Peruvians and then explain in laymans terms to Michaella could have helped.

But the effect of it is that I would imagine the Peruvian authorities are pissed off at their system getting criticized, pissed off that the girls persist with their tall tale and the whole thing has been handled in a cak handed way IMO.

We don't know what advice the girls have been getting from the start but we do know that their story sounds false and they should have pleaded guilty and co-operated as much as possible from the minute they were caught with the drugs in their bags. That is what many on here were saying and none of us are experts.

Have you heard locally how he got the Colombian 3 back to Ireland?

Might consider that an option in this case.
    Probably what the 'funding' is for. Also, they still have to get bail, or get out of the Prison for a day.

oh so its the "I'm alright Jack" syndrome you have then. You doing "pretty well with legalese" means that two twenty year old girls have not reason not to do as well as yourself. :roll eyes:

I get where you're coming from how - hope it all keeps fine for you and yours.

Can you not leave your hypothetical fantasy world and all the what if situations and just comment on the apparent "facts" of this case?

Can you not leave your hypothetical fantasy world and all the what if situations and just comment on the apparent "facts" of this case?

you don't know the facts synton. remember that next time you call for their heads.

you don't know the facts synton. remember that next time you call for their heads.

I go on what information is there. It may be true, it may be false, but I argue with evidence that have some backing.

Your rush to dismiss Peruvian lawyers as inferior to Peter Madden is just one example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

One FACT we do know is that they were caught with over 11kg of drugs in their bags in Lima Airport. An Irish lawyer no matter how good, can't help with that. The fact that Melissas father came out and said that they should plead guilty before their lawyer shows that anyone with a bit of common sense can see how the Peruvian justice system works.

hardCopy wrote: »
    They do have a Peruvian lawyer, he doesn't speak for them in court. He seems to be acting as some kind of liaison. I'd imagine it helps to have someone who can help select a local lawyer for you and make sure they're up to the job.
    Like Weldoninhio below I'd rather go with a local lawyer who is familiar with the Peruvian system and employ an interpreter rather than engage an Irish lawyer who knows relatively little about the Peruvian system.
    You asked if I had read any legal documents, so please don't get the hump when I answer your questions.
    One FACT we do know is that they were caught with over 11kg of drugs in their bags in Lima Airport. An Irish lawyer no matter how good, can't help with that. The fact that Melissas father came out and said that they should plead guilty before their lawyer shows that anyone with a bit of common sense can see how the Peruvian justice system works.

I would agree. A Peruvian lawyer would probably have told them straight off that since the drugs were in their bags, and they admitted they knew there were drugs in their bags, that there was no point in trying to plead not-guilty. If it weren't for Madden they may well have been sentenced by now and would be one step closer to getting out in a few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

I go on what information is there. It may be true, it may be false, but I argue with evidence that have some backing.

Your rush to dismiss Peruvian lawyers as inferior to Peter Madden is just one example.

If you can point out where I said a peruvian lawyer was inferior I would like to see it .

Advertisement