Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Peru drug smuggling case - READ OP BEFORE POSTING

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭collidgedosser

Its not so much the fact that a fundraiser was attempted its the background too.
    The girls have been arrogant (IMHO and others too) in their lack of respect for the crime committed, the Peruvian authorities, the story they made up and then retracted all the while without the least show or glimmer or remorse for their actions.
    This has meant that people feel no sympathy for the girls. This means people are unlikely to be sympathetic to the notion of digging deep to pay for the girl to a) possibly get released or b) come back to serve her sentence here at our expense.
    Saying things like "they're young and didn't know what they were doing" makes things worse. If they were contrite it wouldn't irritate so much.

Whats this about the fundraiser being attempted in the background? It was mentioned in the indo and actually helped a little
    Why do you keep telling me that what they did was wong? I keep telling you I agree over and over and over again. And I know they will be punished, I only said that I would never want any young Irish person to be in that situation and I wish they could get out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

I simply asked would you make these comments in earshot of her family brothers or mother!
    Your imagination is running wild on this

The comments about the girls being drug smugglers who deserve to go to jail? Yes I would say this in front of her family. There's nothing false in that statement.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

After hearing the comments page on the fundraiser was amusing somebody on this thread requested a link so they could use it for some "tomfoolery". I found that incredibly disgusting, decent innocent people struggling to raise money to help their youngest daughter who was in serious trouble and danger and some heartless individual wanted to go on it and make comments having a laugh or worse, on a website the family are watching closely. This really is the lowest of the low, especially with internet bullying being a current topic in ireland and UK. Im suprised that these individuals have not been given a permanent account ban which is the most lenient sentence they should receive for such a lowly horrible ways of entertainment

Let me just remind you...they were caught with a million quid's worth of cocaine.

A million euros....they didnt appear on youtube and start talking about KPMG or go viral pissing in teh street.

They had a million quid's worth of Class A drugs for sale or supply.

A million euro buys a lot of shootings,slashings,bottlings and beatings...that amount of charlie will make a lot of scumbags rich and translates into a lot of hassle for a lot of people.

This is a million euro smuggling conspiracy for Class A narcotics and YOU are worried that they're getting some flack on the internet???

Get a grip on yourself and see some perspective...they're looking at ten years imprisonment for importation...if it happened in thailand they could be executed and you think it's mean and nasty the way some people use the internet to vent displeasure at thier antics.

People defending them are defending drug dealing,misery,organised crime and indirectly supporting the likes of the Drimnagh fued which cost 13 lives...jail is too good for people like these arrogant airheads.

chopper6 wrote: »
    Let me just remind you...they were caught with a million quid's worth of cocaine.

A million euros....they didnt appear on youtube and start talking about KPMG or go viral pissing in teh street.

They had a million quid's worth of Class A drugs for sale or supply.

A million euro buys a lot of shootings,slashings,bottlings and beatings...that amount of charlie will make a lot of scumbags rich and translates into a lot of hassle for a lot of people.

This is a million euro smuggling conspiracy for Class A narcotics and YOU are worried that they're getting some flack on the internet???

Get a grip on yourself and see some perspective...they're looking at ten years imprisonment for importation...if it happened in thailand they could be executed and you think it's mean and nasty the way some people use the internet to vent displeasure at thier antics.

People defending them are defending drug dealing,misery,organised crime and indirectly supporting the likes of the Drimnagh fued which cost 13 lives...jail is too good for people like these arrogant airheads.

So you agree with the persecution of their family?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

So you agree with the persecution of their family?

LOL, where did he say that?

The comments about the girls being drug smugglers who deserve to go to jail? Yes I would say this in front of her family. There's nothing false in that statement.

Was never talking about those comments

LOL, where did he say that?
    Well he quoted me speaking about what her innocent family are dealing with then has a hostile response with issues of have already said i am aware of and agree with and tells me to get a grip or whatever so I am left wondering if hes quoting me on the issue of her family and is hostile telling me thats shes getting what she deserves, then does he believe everybody with fingers, internet and an opinion should impose a sentence on her family also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

After hearing the comments page on the fundraiser was amusing somebody on this thread requested a link so they could use it for some "tomfoolery". I found that incredibly disgusting, decent innocent people struggling to raise money to help their youngest daughter who was in serious trouble and danger and some heartless individual wanted to go on it and make comments having a laugh or worse, on a website the family are watching closely. This really is the lowest of the low, especially with internet bullying being a current topic in ireland and UK. Im suprised that these individuals have not been given a permanent account ban which is the most lenient sentence they should receive for such a lowly horrible ways of entertainment

As you keep repeating that, i thought it best to clear something up.
    That's not what happened. The comments that encouraged your post, are below.
    Penny Dreadful pointed out that they had gone to the website out of curiousity, and some comments were nice, some were OTT, and some were hard to read.
    chickcharnley then asked for a link to the site, to SEE the 'tomfoolery' there.
    My understanding of that, vastly differs from yours.
    Then you quoted Trigger Happy because he provided the links.
    So out of interest I went onto the website set up to dontate money to get the Irish girl "back home where she belongs".
    Interestingly the amount they are aiming to collect has been dropped to €10,000 from the initial €20,000 and close to €3400 is all that has been collected so far.
    The messages are odd to read. Some are messages of support for the family and parents which I understand. Others though make out as though the girls are some sort of saints:rolleyes:
    Others you can hardly understand because of the dreadful spelling. :(
    could you please post a link to the website not that i will donate indeed far from it just to see the tomfoolery there

Smart having a laugh at others misery, id love to see you do the same in front of her brothers Keith and Ryan

...already posted them..and well you know it!

Ha what you posted was absurd! and would be far fetching even for Karl rove.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

How do you know the family are watching this website closely? It has not been reported anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭constance tench

Ha what you posted was absurd! and would be far fetching even for Karl rove.

No, it wasn't...[would you like me to post it again?]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

And my only interest in this thread was to stop the nasty comments people were making especially the ones where people where laughing at a fundraising attempt
    Should we organise a whip-round for mules who are caught smuggling cocaine into Ireland too?

How bad does a crime have to be before fundraising becomes unacceptable, in your opinion? Personally I don't think that two admitted drug mules deserve a red cent from the general population.

Allyall wrote: »
    As you keep repeating that, i thought it best to clear something up.
    That's not what happened. The comments that encouraged your post, are below.
    Penny Dreadful pointed out that they had gone to the website out of curiousity, and some comments were nice, some were OTT, and some were hard to read.
    chickcharnley then asked for a link to the site, to SEE the 'tomfoolery' there.
    My understanding of that, vastly differs from yours.
    Then you quoted Trigger Happy because he provided the links.

Fair enough I stand corrected, still a disgusting form of entertainment

No, it wasn't...[would you like me to post it again?]

Yes please

Never implied anything about violence, thats your interpretation.

And what is it that you were insinuating by highlighting this?

And what is it that you were insinuating by highlighting this?

Didn't you just ask for it?

• Advertisement

Didn't you just ask for it?

You have never actually said what you thought i meant from this? you took separate posts and highlighted small bits. So say what you think!

You have never actually said what you thought i meant from this? you took separate posts and highlighted small bits. So say what you think!

Eh I asked you a question and you replied with this... ''you rotten spin doctor weasel rat you''....They weren't small bits...

[ED] You accused me of being a journalist! and then continued to question me about what I did for a living!..and were PMing others asking them what they did for a living!...what's the crack with you?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭chickcharnley

Matlock? Who are you refering to and what statement?
    everybody knows its the nordie solicitor over there and his statements are all on record; and was looking at the apppeal fund websites to see the comments there so what nothing more; or are you into total censorship aswell; youre constantly calling people disgusting; me thinks you should look no further than yourself with what your calling peolpe on this forum

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭chickcharnley

ithink collidgedosser WORKS FOR THE NORTH KOREAN GOVT:pac:

Fair enough I stand corrected, still a disgusting form of entertainment

There are many worse forms i could think of, namely the one that is in the theme of this thread.

You are frowning on people who are frowning on two girls that were caught in Peru, trying to illegally smuggle drugs. That is an argument you can't win. I think if you had approached it differently you may have got a different reaction from a lot of the posters.
    But you went in feet first and started attacking.
    You can't attack people for condemning something that is already illegal, just because you know them, and expect everyone to understand.

You could have come on to the thread stating something like, 'fair enough, most people on this thread don't agree with the two girls, but they have a family, could you please refrain from posting negative comments on the fundraising page, as their family are monitoring it.'
    Or many other things.

FWIW, i think the family have already read a lot worse, and nobody on this thread, or any of the people who comment on Facebook or the Fundraiser pages are responsible for the situation the girls are in.
    The girls alone are responsible for that. They are the ones who's actions have led to the discussions today.
    I don't see anyone defending anybody in Mountjoy/Cloverhill who have been remanded there for drug dealing.
    You can't just randomly pick two people that you want free, and expect everyone to go along with it. You may have an attachment or connection with the girls, but most people don't.
    The two girls were probably duped, and used as a diversion, that still doesn't excuse what they were doing. Nobody over the age of 15 in Ireland or the UK would not know that drug muling is illegal.
    The girls won't help themselves if they keep lying.
    The best thing they can do is hand over the names of the scumbags in Ibiza, and any information they have, to get this horrible chapter in their lives over with as soon as possible.
    The dopes in Ibiza are small time, and i can guarantee you that they aren't donating to that fundraiser.

• Advertisement

Eh I asked you a question and you replied with this... ''you rotten spin doctor weasel rat you''....They weren't small bits...

[ED] You accused me of being a journalist! and then continued to question me about what I did for a living!..and were PMing others asking them what they did for a living!...what's the crack with you?

And I would like to take this chance to apologise for the "rotten ...weasel rat" part of that.
    Well to answer you directly i wasnt insinuating anything.
    Now would you like to answer me and say what were you suggesting I was saying

Allyall wrote: »
    There are many worse forms i could think of, namely the one that is in the theme of this thread.

You are frowning on people who are frowning on two girls that were caught in Peru, trying to illegally smuggle drugs. That is an argument you can't win. I think if you had approached it differently you may have got a different reaction from a lot of the posters.
    But you went in feet first and started attacking.
    You can't attack people for condemning something that is already illegal, just because you know them, and expect everyone to understand.

You could have come on to the thread stating something like, 'fair enough, most people on this thread don't agree with the two girls, but they have a family, could you please refrain from posting negative comments on the fundraising page, as their family are monitoring it.'
    Or many other things.

FWIW, i think the family have already read a lot worse, and nobody on this thread, or any of the people who comment on Facebook or the Fundraiser pages are responsible for the situation the girls are in.
    The girls alone are responsible for that. They are the ones who's actions have led to the discussions today.
    I don't see anyone defending anybody in Mountjoy/Cloverhill who have been remanded there for drug dealing.
    You can't just randomly pick two people that you want free, and expect everyone to go along with it. You may have an attachment or connection with the girls, but most people don't.
    The two girls were probably duped, and used as a diversion, that still doesn't excuse what they were doing. Nobody over the age of 15 in Ireland or the UK would not know that drug muling is illegal.
    The girls won't help themselves if they keep lying.
    The best thing they can do is hand over the names of the scumbags in Ibiza, and any information they have, to get this horrible chapter in their lives over with as soon as possible.
    The dopes in Ibiza are small time, and i can guarantee you that they aren't donating to that fundraiser.

Once again I frown on that behaviour myself, the whole issue was the smart comments
    I have no doubt about the riff raff in Ibiza either
    The last people I would want to associate with

And I would like to take this chance to apologise for the "rotten ...weasel rat" part of that.
    Now would you like to answer me and say what were you suggesting I was saying

Why did you say this ''id love to see you do the same in front of her brothers Keith and Ryan'' why would you ''love it''?

Why did you say this ''id love to see you do the same in front of her brothers Keith and Ryan'' why would you ''love it''?
    Answer my question first

Answer my question first
    quid pro quo

• Advertisement

Answer my question first

You haven't answered mine [as that was part of the reason I asked you]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

I am glad they were caught. I do not wish they could get out of it. I believe that they should be punished in the country where they committed the crime.

How you, the family or anyone else feels about this I care not. I would have more sympathy with Peru, the problems that drugs cause to the poor of South America and the addicts in Europe than with two idiots on a get rich quick scheme in order to extend a party lifestyle.

Peru and Argentina are rapidly becoming the transit countries for cocaine and paco smugglers. Many people die because of this. If two liars have to get locked up for 6 years in a harsh prison in an effort to combat this, personally, I feel it is just and correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

I agree with you here collegedossier,there is a section of posters here who seem to be getting a certain sadistic pleasure from what is going to happen to these two very stupid girls.
    I hope none of their young sons or daughters are silly enough to end up in this position,would they be grateful if a fund was started by someone that they may be able to help their kids in a foreign country and help with flights out to see them or would they just say f*uck them,they done the crime.

They also are making insulting personal comments about Peter Madden insinuating he was asking for funds for the family so he could get his big fees etc,and other comments about him bordering on racist,demeaning and hateful.

You haven't answered mine [as that was part of the reason I asked you]

Id love to see posters outside of their anonymity comfort bubble and say inflammatory remarks to peoples faces who may disagree, doubt they would have the courage because i know these comments made are "throw away remarks" or real motivation to cause another human being distress
    now you

no it does not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,190 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Id love to see posters outside of their anonymity comfort bubble and say inflammatory remarks to peoples faces who may disagree, doubt they would have the courage because i know these comments made are "throw away remarks" or real motivation to cause another human being distress
    now you
    you know this a forum and how forums roll yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I think referring to the poster as a journalist was more insulting.

you know this a forum and how forums roll yeah?

Not following you, explain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Were the brothers' names in the public domain before they were mentioned here? To be honest I haven't read too much of the media on this so there's a good chance that were but if they weren't, naming them here is every bit as irresponsible as making jokes at the 2 girls' expense.

• Advertisement

Were the brothers' names in the public domain before they were mentioned here? To be honest I haven't read too much of the media on this so there's a good chance that were but if they weren't, naming them here is every bit as irresponsible as making jokes at the 2 girls' expense.

One was anyway, he appeared in many of the newspaper reports.
    http://www.thejournal.ie/peru-drug-michaella-brother-1044812-Aug2013/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Oh ok. Thanks for that.

I think referring to the poster as a journalist was more insulting.

Well he was stirring the sh*te, trying to create something that wasnt there.

now you

Why would you love to see that?

I am pie wrote: »

why does anybody love, enjoy or like anything?

Answering questions with questions generally means you aren't honest enough to own up to your motivations. I have been black and white with you in my post. You, for reasons which are becoming altogether obvious, aren't going to follow suit. Which makes this rather pointless Mr Internet Hardman.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭prizefighter

Cocaine....?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭prizefighter

I am pie wrote: »

In the inimitable words of Collidgedosser ' what are you insinuating?'

Advertisement