Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Peru drug smuggling case - READ OP BEFORE POSTING

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

has anyone seen or heard of the black matlock?
    chopper6 wrote: »
    A black legal powerhouse,he is.

I made a slight change to your posts there, just to illustrate how idiotic you sound.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

I made a slight change to your posts there, just to illustrate how idiotic you sound.

Is he black then?

He looked white to me when he was gasbagging on the telly.

Maybe you need to adjust your settings...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Is he black then?

He looked white to me when he was gasbagging on the telly.

Maybe you need to adjust your settings...:rolleyes:

Maybe Buck could do with remembering that 'Nordie' is a description of where he comes from, not a racist slur.

TBH, if there's anything to feel offended about it'd be calling that guy Matlock.

kylith wrote: »
    Maybe Buck could do with remembering that 'Nordie' is a description of where he comes from, not a racist slur.

Perhaps. It can sometimes be hard to parse what you Paddies are talking about.

Perhaps. It can sometimes be hard to parse what you Paddies are talking about.

I thought Paddy applied to everybody in Ireland(it's an english term),Nordie or not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

why does anybody love, enjoy or like anything?

So you think its horrible that people make anonymous statements on the internet and that its awful on the innocent families, but you would take pleasure in seeing people doing it to the families faces?? Are you some sort of sadist??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I just caught up. I replied to his quote as i was going through the last days chat. I would have like to have seen his retort though.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭chickcharnley

more than a slight change id say a lot more, totally ridiculous in fact to play some sort of thwarted ridiculous race card you really have lost the argument are you collidge dossers alter ego?

• Advertisement

The wisdom of Soloman,has our Matlok.

more than a slight change id say a lot more, totally ridiculous in fact to play some sort of thwarted ridiculous race card you really have lost the argument are you collidge dossers alter ego?

Lost what argument?

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭prizefighter

He has been sitebanned.

Weirdly though he initially got banned and then openly had the ban retracted by a mod. I've never seen that before myself, wonder who that character really was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

So the police in ibiza carried out some dawn raids last weekend and made 15 arrests and siezed some drugs.
    The daily mirror reports this today saying that "sources" say that some of these 15 would have been friends of the peru two.
    Lazy reporting at it's best

Weirdly though he initially got banned and then openly had the ban retracted by a mod. I've never seen that before myself, wonder who that character really was.

Bans often get retracted after PM conversation. That's why the DRP process insists that the first course of action is to PM the mod before appealing it at cmod level. In this case, the poster agreed to remain entirely civil and keep the aggression out of the thread so I thought it fair to give him another chance but he reverted back to the same kind of posts he had previously been banned for.

He then asked me on thread to permaban him and personally abused me (post now deleted) so I obliged. Following that he re-regged posted here and received a siteban for doing so.

I have no idea who he was or what relation he was to anyone involved in this story!

Hope that clears it up and sorry for dragging it slightly off topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

So the police in ibiza carried out some dawn raids last weekend and made 15 arrests and siezed some drugs.
    The daily mirror reports this today saying that "sources" say that some of these 15 would have been friends of the peru two.
    Lazy reporting at it's best

Hopefully the Peru 2 are not squawking. You keep your mouth shut, do your time and nothing happens to your family.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Hopefully the Peru 2 are not squawking. You keep your mouth shut, do your time and nothing happens to your family.

You know this isn't a mafia movie don't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭323

Agree 100%. They know what they were getting into.
    You know this isn't a mafia movie don't you?

True. But the south american druggies are generally much worse than the mafia ever were.

“Follow the trend lines, not the headlines,”

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭chickcharnley

Lost what argument?
    well it seems youre whoever you are ? related to collidge dosser perhaps? trying to pull the victim card in an obtuse way by misquoting people including me

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭constance tench

"We have received no request yet from Melissa and Michaella's lawyers requesting an early termination.

"It's their responsibility to request it, not our job to propose it.

"We're continuing our investigation with a view to going to trial against these women in the meantime."

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/no-new-deal-yet-for-shorter-sentence-for-michaella-mccollum-29636964.html

Are the Indo really this desperate for tabloid type news that need to keep this story going by reporting on things that haven't happened yet? Why not wait until something does happen or is there a chance that it might happen on a Tuesday or something and the Sunday edition will miss out on printing her 'model' pictures yet again?

• Advertisement

Really?

That's a bit weird alright....i wonder would the papers be interested..

This gets more and more ridiculous. That org had eliminating drugs in Irish society as one of their stated goals.

This gets more and more ridiculous. That org had eliminating drugs in Irish society as one of their stated goals.

Its not to say whoevere was mouthing off actually belongs to the organisation...it could be some armchair muppet...like the bloke who was banned from here for example.

I don't have a Facebook account and don't give too much away here but with the amount of personal stuff people do share on Facebook, would it actually be too hard to track someone down if you wanted to? (If this was a serious threat).

I don't have a Facebook account and don't give too much away here but with the amount of personal stuff people do share on Facebook, would it actually be too hard to track someone down if you wanted to? (If this was a serious threat).

If a law was broken and it was serious enough then yes, the person could be tracked if they did not hide their footprint well enough.
    If this person was not a member of said organization then they may have other worries.

If this person was not a member of said organization then they may have other worries.

I wasnt aware that the peace process meant they had to turn thier attentions to the internet...prolly just a crank i reckon.

Were you contacted yourself? or did you just hear about this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

It was claimed that this happened by a user on the comments section of the fund raising fund anyway. That user also claims to have reported the matter and as such it'll be dealt with by the police if true.

http://www.youcaring.com/other/michaella-mccollum-appeal-fund-/84386

I've no idea if this is what the other poster was referring to or not though as they may have been contacted separately.

• Advertisement

Oh thats not nice. :( Sorry to hear that.

This type of carry on will certainly not do the family any good, unless they speak out about it on the page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Jesus, did they send you a private message or what?

So. We have had someone linked to the family on here threatening us to say what we think to her brothers face to face and telling us to stop posting things that the family may not like.
    A poster on here gets pm threats on fb.
    A poster who critizised the fund in comments on that page also got threats on fb.

Someone really wants to purge the world of anti Michealla postings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Ouch!..... From the above link
    I strongly believe that the girls were coerced and that the only question in this case is at what point in time they were coerced. It is my opinion that at the very latest they were coerced once they reached the airport in Peru. At that time they were not carrying any drugs. All actions taken after that time will have been as a result of coercion so they did not at any time willingly handle drugs. This is what people should be focusing on.

As for the threats, most likely some skanger teenage idiot who jizzes himself everytime Michaella's name is mentioned.

I wouldn't have blocked them, I'd probably be more creative.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Things seem to have gone very quiet in Peru. What is happening does anyone know? I havn't seen any updates since they gave their last statements in a closed court...does the prosecution have to come back with a statement now or will it just go to sentencing?

Apparently, State prosecutors are waiting to receive a request from the defence team for an early termination...anti-drugs unit continuing their investigation.

Apparently, State prosecutors are waiting to receive a request from the defence team for an early termination...anti-drugs unit continuing their investigation.

What does this mean?

• Advertisement

What does this mean?

One can only speculate that defence team don't feel confident enough to request an early termination...yet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 305 ✭✭Jimminy Mc Fukhead

Well it's a hell of time to get pregnant in the first place.

One can only speculate that defence team don't feel confident enough to request an early termination...yet

Nah what i mean is i dont know what an early termination is.

...a sixth off the minimum 8 year sentence..AFAIK defence need to request this along with a guilty plea that will be accepted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Is there an actual fund raising effort?

Personally I hope they collect dust in jail for spreading the misery that drugs create.

Just heard that a friend of mine has been threatened by somebody from monaghan who's a friend of yer one's family...he didnt threaten exactly but he's been bombarding him with hate mail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Just heard that a friend of mine has been threatened by somebody from monaghan who's a friend of yer one's family...he didnt threaten exactly but he's been bombarding him with hate mail.

Why ???

lukesmom wrote: »
    Why ???

Not sure...he obviously feels that she should be free from blame for her actions....maybe just trying to big himself up.

Also if he's using the organisation's name without permission to threaten people he's gonna find himself in a lot of hot water...i know he's reading this too.

I hope they reported it to the garda. Not a nice pattern emerging.
    Why did they pick your friend? Had he posted negative comments anywhere?

Not sure...he obviously feels that she should be free from blame for her actions....maybe just trying to big himself up.

Also if he's using the organisation's name without permission to threaten people he's gonna find himself in a lot of hot water...i know he's reading this too.

tel your mate to do as Fred did, send the mail on the the police

I hope they reported it to the garda. Not a nice pattern emerging.
    Why did they pick your friend? Had he posted negative comments anywhere?

He didnt bother...its just some wannabe.

My friend was commenting on a fb link to the michealla fundraiser..

• Advertisement
Advertisement