Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Peru drug smuggling case - READ OP BEFORE POSTING

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

chopper6 wrote: »
    Just heard that a friend of mine has been threatened by somebody from monaghan who's a friend of yer one's family...he didnt threaten exactly but he's been bombarding him with hate mail.

Serves him right if he was bullying the family.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Serves him right if he was bullying the family.

Ya reckon?

So commenting on a public "appeal" that has angered a lot of people is bullying?

If whoever set it up had used thier head they wouldve expected people to react badly to being asked to donate money to help a drug smuggler.

Ya reckon?

Look up "bullying" and I have no doubt you'll reckon aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭constance tench

What happened the whip around, as it seems to be mostly Family and friends who donated anyway?...maybe a little more thought wouldn't have gone amiss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Just donated €200

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭greenflash

nm wrote: »
    Just donated €200

You should get three grams for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

I assume her sister will be informing HMRC about this windfall of several thousand pounds and the appropriate amount of tax will be paid. The UK also has laws against people profiting from crimes.

It would be a blow for her financial backers if HMG found out and ordered the appropriate audits for Michelle and and anyone collecting for her...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Bullying is the use of force, threat, or coercion to abuse, intimidate, or aggressively to impose domination over others. The behavior is often repeated and habitual. One essential prerequisite is the perception, by the bully or by others, of an imbalance of social or physical power. Behaviors used to assert such domination can include verbal harassment or threat, physical assault or coercion, and such acts may be directed repeatedly towards particular targets. Justifications and rationalizations for such behavior sometimes include differences of class, race, religion, gender, sexuality, appearance, behavior, or ability. If bullying is done by a group, it is called mobbing. The target of bullying is sometimes referred to as a "victim ".
    I don't reckon commenting on the appeal makes an acquaintance of the family of someone who is guilty of smuggling drugs a powerless victim :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Just donated €200

Well done, they will need it. The fund has gone from just over £4k according to a post yesterday to £3400 raised today. They seem to be loosing donations and no sign of your £200.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Just donated €200

Assuming this isn't a piss take;

Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Assuming this isn't a piss take;

Why?

Read the post directly beneath it.

I don't get why Facebook leaves that page open, but shut down one that was setup by someone here.

FB encouraging criminal behaviour?

I dont need to look up bullying...i know what it means.

And big-manning from behind a keyboard to the effect that you'll physically injure somebody qualifies in my book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

In fairness, I can see why. Makes an easier task for the authorities to identify this type.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Peru drug mules to share cell with 38 other inmates in notorious prison known for disease and overcrowding

Back in the news again today :

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/peru-drug-mules-melissa-reid-2368041

No they wont...The muppet has gone to ground.

OT...the scottish one is piling on the weight...the food cant be that bad after all!

• Advertisement

No they wont...The muppet has gone to ground.

What muppet?
    Did they find the person that was threatening everyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Allyall wrote: »
    What muppet?

Yeah, I think he got banned from After Hours:pac:

Allyall wrote: »
    What muppet?

Yeah..it was a halfwit from monaghan..he was using the picture of a dead IRA man on his fb profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Back in the news again today :

Peru drug mules to share cell with 38 other inmates in notorious prison known for disease and overcrowding

In other words ''Peru drug mules to do jail time in Peru''
    Shocker..

Yeah..it was a halfwit from monaghan..he was using the picture of a dead IRA man on his fb profile.

What a twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭chickcharnley

or what about the nordie matlock, with his supposedly superior legal wit and brain, where is he? what has he got to say? look like the peruvians are cranking up the pressure and rightly so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,190 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

looks like Matlock just meddled with the case and made things worse!

looks like Matlock just meddled with the case and made things worse!

He thought a bit of "human rights" whinging would get the two brats off scot-free along with their cock and bull story.

It seems he has only served to harden the resolve of the authorities who are now out to show that they will *not* be swayed by lies,newspapers and a nordie Lionel Hutz.

If the party-lovers had fessed up at the outset they could have been sentenced by now.

i think they could both get the full 15 years; the nordie matlock has really put them up the creek; wonder what behind the scences stuff he is doing

ahahahahaha:p

• Advertisement

Watching Banged up Abroad on Discovery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭RoboRat

Or as I like to say, Banged up a broad (especially relevant when they have kids in prison)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Grandpa Hassan

Report in the London evening standard about 2 London girls, 23 and 24 years old, jailed today in Brazil for 7 years for smuggling drugs. Their defence, well their mitigation, was that someone coerced them and threatened their families. The judge said their story was not credible.

Sounds strangely familiar!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Chris Dolmeth

Report in the London evening standard about 2 London girls, 23 and 24 years old, jailed today in Brazil for 7 years for smuggling drugs. Their defence, well their mitigation, was that someone coerced them and threatened their families. The judge said their story was not credible.

Sounds strangely familiar!

Yeah but the Irish one was really telling the truth, so she should get off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Yeah but the Irish one was really telling the truth, so she should get off.

And anyone who says different will get threats from dead people who are in no way linked thru fb with the family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

The sound is off but I reckon he'll get the gist.

If they had drugs in their bags, then their guilty, lock them up and throw away the key :rolleyes:

If they had drugs in their bags, then their guilty, lock them up and throw away the key :rolleyes:
    But when they landed back in Perth, they told customs officials they feared something was wrong with their luggage.

But when they landed back in Perth, they told customs officials they feared something was wrong with their luggage.

Smokescreen. They must have got more through before they made their little "show" for the police. Their as guilty as sin. I hope they get the maximum sentence possible, its a shame they cant get the death penalty for this.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭NoClues

Report in the London evening standard about 2 London girls, 23 and 24 years old, jailed today in Brazil for 7 years for smuggling drugs. Their defence, well their mitigation, was that someone coerced them and threatened their families.

Seems legit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Grandpa Hassan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

No news lately on our two lovely ladies in Peru .

Presume they are having a ball .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

Out of interest what happened to the Northern Irish Perry Mason fella. Is he still about? This story seems to have died a wee bit. Though any girl with a bun is now humorously asked if she has anything to declare?

I did this to my niece recently. She told me to feck off I admitt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Seems possible it was just the one of them who knew about the drugs. We've seen this scenario before on the Banged up Abroad series, and in fact I think it was that one where the guy actually managed to get released ---two years later of course:eek:

That was in Peru though, not Brazil. I don't know how things work there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

SAM GRIFFIN – 29 OCTOBER 2013

THE online fundraising appeal set up for jailed Irish model Michaella McCollum Connolly has not received any donations in more than two weeks.

Just over €3,400 has been raised on the youcaring.com webpage for the 20-year-old's legal costs after she admitted a charge of drug trafficking in Peru alongside her Scottish co-accused Melissa Reid (20).

The original €23,500 target of the fundraising efforts, set up by Michaella's sister Stephanie in mid-August, has since been lowered to €10,000 after just €600 was received in public donations in the first ten days after the appeal was launched.

Another page on the youcaring.com website for co-accused Melissa Reid has raised £15 in last two weeks, bringing the current total to £557. It has a goal of raising £1,000.

The pair were arrested on August 6 as they tried to leave Peru with 11kg of cocaine in their cases.

They have both pleaded guilty to the charges after initially saying they were forced to act as drug mules following their kidnapping by a Colombian gang in Ibiza. Earlier this month, they were moved from their private cell in the Virgen de Fatima prison to a much larger prison cell which they must share with up to 40 other inmates.

The head of the anti-drugs unit prosecuting the pair, Juan Mendoza Abarca, has hinted that the women could be free by Christmas if they help track down the drugs gang and testify against them.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/no-donations-to-michaella-connolly-fund-in-over-two-weeks-29707554.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

They"ll need the girls to think of another fool proof get rich quick scheme pretty quickly if that's the case

• Advertisement

Advertisement