Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Peru drug smuggling case - READ OP BEFORE POSTING

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

You're free! April Fools LOL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

I wonder if she'll stick around or leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    I wonder if she'll stick around or leave.

Leave probably. Apparently some men she barely knows in Ibiza have an exiting job opportunity coming up. It may involve a free all expenses trip to Thailand. All you have to do is bring back some bags of flour as the men said its better over there. Seems legit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

they no longer describe her as a model anymore.

but not too worry she is out just in time for the summer season in ibiza.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

She's set up for life now.

Won't be long until she's offered a million pound book deal to have her story told. Will probably be made into a docu-drama too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭eezipc

Anyone know if the Scottish girl was released as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Won't be long until she's offered a million pound book deal to have her story told. Will probably be made into a docu-drama too

Yeah, because people in Ireland buy so many books that publishers just splash million pound deals about.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 glenmac

How long before she is on the Late Late Show .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Yeah, because people in Ireland buy so many books that publishers just splash million pound deals about.

She's a UK citizen in case it had escaped your attention

And yeah, people tend to lap up stories about attractive young white chicks getting into trouble. Why do you think the media are so interested in this particular story?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

It would be a pretty **** book. There's thousands of British and Irish locked up in much worse prisons around the world for similar crimes with a much more interesting story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

arayess wrote: »
    they no longer describe her as a model anymore.

"Model prisoner" perhaps ?

WarZ wrote: »
    It would be a pretty **** book. There's thousands of British and Irish locked up in much worse prisons around the world for similar crimes with a much more interesting story.

Yeah, but there was two of them here, good looking girls locked up in a prison cell with a lot of time on their hands...in a hot country...where it's os hot in the cell they have to take some clothes off...

I think I've read the prequel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

glenmac wrote: »
    How long before she is on the Late Late Show .

First we will have the red top rag exclusive interview.
    Then it will be a 30 min special report on sky news.
    Then the late late.
    Then a lads mag bikini shoot.
    Then the book and talk of a movie.

Watching the old footage on utv news at the moment reminded me of just how ridiculous that massive bun was. Did the Peruvians get their sniffer dogs to check around that thing???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Did they ever search her hair? I still suspect there was some in that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

WarZ wrote: »

Really?
    Can we have a link to these "similar" crimes and "worse" prisons and "interesting" stories that involve Irish citizens. No need for the British ones. But "similar" stories I'd love to hear

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

The worst thing is having that on your record. A convicted drug trafficker, bound to limit her future travel and employment opportunities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

The worst thing is having that on your record. A convicted drug trafficker, bound to limit her future travel and employment opportunities.

Ya im sure she is very worried about that right now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Nomis21

Michaella McCollum has done her 'Time'.

Now time to cash in on the story?

I wish her luck anyway. It was probably a good place to learn Spanish...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Good. The poor cabbage-looking youngwan didn't deserve any more. She was one of thousands who was caught and "made an example of", because it's easier than taking on the cartels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,938 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

It's a British problem.

I suspect hair conditioner is high on her list of priorities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Nomis21 wrote: »
    Michaella McCollum has done her 'Time'.

Now time to cash in on the story?

I wish her luck anyway. It was probably a good place to learn Spanish...

She was imprisoned in Peru actually.

Not sure what if she learned the lingo, or how useful Peruvian will be over here, but wish her all the best in her future regardless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I'm sure the supplier who lost 1.5 million pounds worth of cocaine will want to have a chat

I'm sure the supplier who lost 1.5 million pounds worth of cocaine will want to have a chat

I'll chat the c3nt.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Deadly. I need someone to collect a package for me.

Not sure what if she learned the lingo, or how useful Peruvian will be over here, but wish her all the best in her future regardless.

The language is actually Peruvingian, or Peruswalen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

They speak Spainish in Peru.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I have a Sheldon Cooper-esque inability to detect sarcasm, so prepare for a stupid question: you're not actually implying Peruvian is a langauge, are you?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,462 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Arghus wrote: »

What do they speak in Spain then ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

jimgoose wrote: »
    Good. The poor cabbage-looking youngwan didn't deserve any more. She was one of thousands who was caught and "made an example of", because it's easier than taking on the cartels.

This has to be some sort of outrageous joke surely.... nobody could be this clueless...

These idiot women will get off after a holiday with big media deals while the people suffering from their drug trafficking will live horribly and then die horribly before their time. How anyone could defend that is beyond me.

kneemos wrote: »
    What do they speak in Spain then ?

They just kind of wave at each other.

Or waive.

This has to be some sort of outrageous joke surely.... nobody could be this clueless...

Well apparently I am. Would you care to elaborate and elucidate further vis-a-vis your worldly wisdom?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Well apparently I am. Would you care to elaborate and elucidate further vis-a-vis your worldly wisdom?

If you read up on it they had clear and compelling evidence, why would you even think of dismissing that? Just because it's Peru doesn't mean they're corrupt or stupid just like you wouldn't simply dismiss it happening in Ireland or UK. Do you dismiss western convictions so easily as well, say if someone was found guilty of murder? There's a huge difference between saying there was reasonable doubt and the farcical claim of they were "made an example of", when they were caught red-handed and came up with an outrageous story.

They finally caught the villains and they're basically letting them off. In many arab or asian countries they'd be executed, and with the damage this drug trafficking does it's hard to argue that we wouldn't be better off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

I have a Sheldon Cooper-esque inability to detect sarcasm, so prepare for a stupid question: you're not actually implying Peruvian is a langauge, are you?

Jeez, someone hasn't watched Paddington bear I see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Arghus wrote: »
    They just kind of wave at each other.

Or waive.

Waving is Mexico...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

Peruvian, Spanish & Quechua would you believe.

Waving is Mexico...

To tell you the truth, I don't know.

I can't understand what they're trying to say in either of the spots.

Jeez, someone hasn't watched Paddington bear I see.

Ah, so it's neither me nor you, simply me no getting the reference :D - fair enough!

PLL wrote: »
    Peruvian, Spanish & Quechua would you believe.

You mean Aimara..?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

I am so happy for her, I can now rest easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Are they released as in "there are no charges, you're free to go", or is it a case of "you did a few years, your sentence is served, now you can go"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

These idiot women will get off after a holiday with big media deals while the people suffering from their drug trafficking will live horribly and then die horribly before their time. How anyone could defend that is beyond me.

Oh yes don't forget about the poor carackheads!! !

As far as I'm concerned anyone stupid enough to take drugs of any sort get what they deserve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,462 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Are they released as in "there are no charges, you're free to go", or is it a case of "you did a few years, your sentence is served, now you can go"?

She's on parole and has to stay in Peru for six years.

Guess who's back, bun is back, bun is back.......... , ba da dum da dum da dum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭HardenendMan

As far as I'm concerned anyone stupid enough to take drugs of any sort get what they deserve.

It is always as simple as that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Late Late Show appearance and book in 3...2...1...

I'll chat the c3nt.
    Plenty of dealers in Ireland that you could have a word with if you are so inclined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Made an example of?

She got caught with 1.5 millions worth of cocain and didn't even serve 3 years.

There a poor gits in Asian prisons with life time and death sentences for way less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,346 ✭✭✭nc6000

Arghus wrote:

I thought they spoke Peruvian in Spain?

• Advertisement
Advertisement