Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Peru drug smuggling case - READ OP BEFORE POSTING

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Oh yes don't forget about the poor carackheads!! !

As far as I'm concerned anyone stupid enough to take drugs of any sort get what they deserve.

That is an extremely cruel and horrible thing to say. :confused:

Why do you think people deserve to be punished and face such horror because they've been stupid, and this could be in their youth? I'm not sure you honestly want to say that with its full implications, maybe you want to reword, because that's basically Hitler. "deserve" hiv, cancer etc.? Okay clearly you didn't realize the full implications of your wording and you were speaking figuratively not literally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

nc6000 wrote: »
    I thought they spoke Peruvian in Spain?

Hand movements: Earlier in the thread, keep up.

Cocaine is understood everywhere.

Giant hair buns are good if you don't speak the language.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

That is an extremely cruel and horrible thing to say. :confused:

Why do you think people deserve to be punished and face such horror because they've been stupid, and this could be in their youth? I'm not sure you honestly want to say that with its full implications, maybe you want to reword, because that's basically Hitler. "deserve" hiv, cancer etc.? Okay clearly you didn't realize the full implications of your wording and you were speaking figuratively not literally.

Yeah because someone who deliberately takes drugs is equivalent to someone with cancer :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭unjedilike

What's the story with the other girl? She's probably fairly pissed right now.

Yeah because someone who deliberately takes drugs is equivalent to someone with cancer :rolleyes:

Not equivalent, but much more likely to get cancer. Drug users get viruses like hepatitis b that significantly increase the risk of cancer. They also get HIV... so I'm pretty sure that no, it's not accurate to say that anyone taking drugs "deserves" what they get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Oh yes don't forget about the poor carackheads!! !

As far as I'm concerned anyone stupid enough to take drugs of any sort get what they deserve.

hmmmm they might just open your mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭Sand

This has to be some sort of outrageous joke surely.... nobody could be this clueless...

These idiot women will get off after a holiday with big media deals while the people suffering from their drug trafficking will live horribly and then die horribly before their time. How anyone could defend that is beyond me.

Taking drugs is a bad decision, but I hardly think being a dopey drug mule - the lowest of the low in the supply chain - bringing drugs to those who voluntarily choose to consume them is the crime of the century. I don't feel sympathy for her, but neither should she be some sort of hate figure. If she has to take responsibility, then so do her customers.

People are not "suffering" from her drug trafficking anymore than she suffered from supplying their drug habit. They choose to indulge, and with the prohibition era mentality people like McCollum (who is an idiot) are incentivised to make truly stupid decisions to supply them. McCollum was just a disposable tool in a supply chain to meet the demand of the buyers you sympathise so much with. McCollum lost 3 years of her life - her customers just found some other route to meet their need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

unjedilike wrote: »
    What's the story with the other girl? She's probably fairly pissed right now.

She's declined parole wants a transfer to Scotland prison instead, probably a smart move rather than hang around in Peru with a price on your head.

I said nothing about "hate", I know she is a victim just like the people who ingest the drugs. But at the end of the day people have to be brought to justice.
    Sand wrote: »
    People are not "suffering" from her drug trafficking anymore than she suffered from supplying their drug habit.

She formed part of the chain that made the whole thing work. If you do something in life, you have to be able to stand by it ethically.
    Sand wrote: »
    They choose to indulge, and with the prohibition era mentality people like McCollum (who is an idiot) are incentivised to make truly stupid decisions to supply them. McCollum was just a disposable tool in a supply chain to meet the demand of the buyers you sympathise so much with. McCollum lost 3 years of her life - her customers just found some other route to meet their need.

Three years of her life? She should be put away for years and years for the amount of suffering she caused. She was trying to cheat her way to millions of euro so she would live a life of luxury and never have to work again. She was a vital link in the chain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭Sand

She formed part of the chain that made the whole thing work. If you do something in life, you have to be able to stand by it ethically.

The people buying the drugs that you sympathise with are the key part of the chain. If people weren't paying money for the crap, people wouldn't be supplying it. Your sympathy for the buyers stands out against your contempt for the suppliers. Dont they have to stand by what they do in life, and the damage they do to others? Buy a T-Shirt on child labour, you are a monster. Buy drugs, the people who risk their lives and freedom to supply you are the evil people? That is some morality right there.

Christ, McCollum doesn't even count as a supplier - she was just some witless moron with a passport. That was her entire value to the enterprise. "Vital link in the chain" ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Wonder what she's packing in her weave for the flight home???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

It is always as simple as that.

It kind of is really.

Unless you think the poor lambs tripped, fell and landed nose-first into a pile of cocaine?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

CruelCoin wrote: »
    It kind of is really.

Unless you think the poor lambs tripped, fell and landed nose-first into a pile of cocaine?

Right, what really happened is this, seen as none of you's did your homework.

She's playing red arse with a few of the local kids in Peru and they score five goals on her. "Bollox," she says, before bending over against a tree. She's assumed this position against a post box in Derry during nights out before. Long story short, the kids kick kilos of coke up her arse instead of footballs as a joke. The moral of the story is never play football with South Americans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Juan8

I said nothing about "hate", I know she is a victim just like the people who ingest the drugs. But at the end of the day people have to be brought to justice.

Three years of her life? She should be put away for years and years for the amount of suffering she caused. She was trying to cheat her way to millions of euro so she would live a life of luxury and never have to work again. She was a vital link in the chain.

A life of luxury and never having to work again :rolleyes:

It was probably something more like here's 2 grand, enjoy Ibiza for another month

Do you think she went to Peru to produce the coke herself or something?

It is well known that drug dealers and people involved with them can get extremely wealthy extremely quickly. Obviously taking such a high risk she would have looked for a big reward. It would have been peanuts for the drugs lords. Maybe you ought to check her confession before appearing more foolish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

It is well known that drug dealers and people involved with them can get extremely wealthy extremely quickly. Obviously taking such a high risk she would have looked for a big reward. It would have been peanuts for the drugs lords. Maybe you ought to check her confession before appearing more foolish.

I really don't think she was going to make more money from the trip than the total cocaine was worth....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Did they ever search her hair? I still suspect there was some in that.

There possibly still is some in there. Better get it checked out before she goes on the run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Juan8

Do you really think think South American drug dealers are going to pay 2 girls a massive reward for that, they were in no position to negotiate anything once in Peru?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/peru-drug-smuggling-route-footsteps-2176660

Says on this mules get between £2000-£5000 per run and that they claim they weren't getting paid anything

I'm not sure what her confession you speak of says cause I can't find it on Google but I doubt it exists if you claim she said they were getting millions on it,

You haven't a clue what you're talking about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

A few years in Peruvian prison must do wonders for ones heath and wellbeing.

Look at how youthful and refreshed the two of them look on their release.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

Juan8 wrote: »
    Do you really think think South American drug dealers are going to pay 2 girls a massive reward for that, they were in no position to negotiate anything once in Peru?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/peru-drug-smuggling-route-footsteps-2176660

Says on this mules get between £2000-£5000 per run and that they claim they weren't getting paid anything

I'm not sure what her confession you speak of says cause I can't find it on Google but I doubt it exists if you claim she said they were getting millions on it,

You haven't a clue what you're talking about

He's right.... I think on average for a drugs load of about 1.5 million squid the mules cut would normally be about 2 million. That's the way the system works...... ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

She's not only stupid, but a liar, a drug dealer & a convicted criminal & no matter what her family say she will remain that for life: regardless of whether she is in jail or out.

Interesting. "We're giving you bail but we want you to stay in the country."

Wouldn't a country rather a criminal leave than stay? She obviously won't break the law but I mean in general.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Hammer89 wrote: »
    Right, what really happened is this, seen as none of you's did your homework.

She's playing red arse with a few of the local kids in Peru and they score five goals on her. "Bollox," she says, before bending over against a tree. She's assumed this position against a post box in Derry during nights out before. Long story short, the kids kick kilos of coke up her arse instead of footballs as a joke. The moral of the story is never play football with South Americans.

this has to be the driest post I have ever read on boards. I really don't get why people seem to have such hate for these two, they were young and foolish and made a mistake, who hasn't? i'm sure they will be model citizens once released, unlike some of the morons on here.

pgj2015 wrote: »
    this has to be the driest post I have ever read on boards. I really don't get why people seem to have such hate for these two, they were young and foolish and made a mistake, who hasn't? i'm sure they will be model citizens once released, unlike some of the morons on here.

Once a criminal, liar & drug dealing convicted criminal always a criminal, liar & convicted drug dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭turnikett1

Once a criminal, liar & drug dealing convicted criminal always a criminal, liar & convicted drug dealer.

You probably don't have many friends do you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

There a poor gits in Asian prisons with life time and death sentences for way less.

Are you saying that should happen her too, or is it a problem with Asia you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭LDN_Irish

I hate when you're on your way home from work and the Peru 2 throw a few lines of coke up your unsuspecting nose and then you get the Hep and the Hiv and all kinds of aids. The Nordie bastards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

She'll probably run for Sinn Fein when she gets back to Norn Iron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

She was imprisoned in Peru actually.

Not sure what if she learned the lingo, or how useful Peruvian will be over here, but wish her all the best in her future regardless.

Its actually quite easy to remember. In all South American countries they speak Spanish with the exception of Brazil where they speak Portuguese.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

What's the story with the other wan?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    What's the story with the other wan?

Rumour has it that she has learned the basics of Mandarin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 Lost in Time

I assume they had lots of sexy fun time with the other lesbians in prison, just like in my videos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

If you read up on it they had clear and compelling evidence, why would you even think of dismissing that? Just because it's Peru doesn't mean they're corrupt or stupid just like you wouldn't simply dismiss it happening in Ireland or UK. Do you dismiss western convictions so easily as well, say if someone was found guilty of murder? There's a huge difference between saying there was reasonable doubt and the farcical claim of they were "made an example of", when they were caught red-handed and came up with an outrageous story.

They finally caught the villains and they're basically letting them off. In many arab or asian countries they'd be executed, and with the damage this drug trafficking does it's hard to argue that we wouldn't be better off.

Eh, I don't think it was claimed that she wasn't guilty? Just that it's easier to make an example out of one mule from a countless number than it is to chase the actual drug lords.

She was dumb, no doubt about it, but she's served her time and that's the end of it. I'm happy to see such a person get another chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Which one was released. The one with the tits?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Keane2baMused

I imagine given they are both human they both have breasts.

But given you want specifics..The one with the absolutely massive BUN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,648 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Mod: Merged threads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Parole is such a stupid concept.

It's no wonder some people commit crime when they know they won't receive a heavy enough punishment for their actions.

This pair should be left to rot for the full duration of the original sentence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I hope she comes home.
    As it happens i am looking for someone to bring something back from Peru.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

No, the one that looked as if she was in the Minnie Mouse fan club..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

kneemos wrote: »
    What do they speak in Spain then ?
    Castilian, Catalan, Galician, Basque and others

More people speak Catalan than Danish.

Boskowski wrote: »
    Its actually quite easy to remember. In all South American countries they speak Spanish with the exception of Brazil where they speak Portuguese.
    Aren't you forgeting Suriname, Guyana, and French Guyana. Then there's Quechua and all those other non-European languages.

And Welsh down in Patagonia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

CaraMay wrote: »

:confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

CaraMay wrote: »

Every fcuking thread gets permeated by this anti Sinn Fein drivel. Give it a fcuking rest.

He most fun is their frantic deluded f&f 's pretending it dosn't matter & they're lovely gals just a bit of holiday fun - they're in for a big reality check once they're forced to climb out from under that rock. Conviced criminals now - branded for life.

Interesting. "We're giving you bail but we want you to stay in the country."

Wouldn't a country rather a criminal leave than stay? She obviously won't break the law but I mean in general.

Peru is a deeply religious nation.

Sh'es being released into the care (and will be living with) a local irish bishop and volunteering in his church.

Jebus holds some sway in south america.

• Advertisement

pgj2015 wrote: »

"Young and foolish"

Drug running is "young and foolish" to you?

****ing hell.

Ah will ya stop!
    Yea they were young and ridiculously stoopid! But it doesn't make them bad people.
    They were in Ibiza or Spain or somewhere, having the craic, probably watching other people doing the same. Coming back with drugs & getting lots of money as well!

That's what happens when you're young, you don't think of consequences!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

bubblypop wrote: »
    But it doesn't make them bad people.

Breaking news: Drugs runners are just dandy

CruelCoin wrote: »
    Breaking news: Drugs runners are just dandy

Shocking news.
    Doing something bad doesn't make you a bad person.

Let anyone who has never made a mistake/ done something wrong stand up and take a bow!

• Advertisement
Advertisement