Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Peru drug smuggling case - READ OP BEFORE POSTING

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭maryishere

Yes, this has always been true. You'd need to change a lot of laws if you want it banned.

would RTE have shown the interview if the drug smuggler was male, ugly and tattooed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

maryishere wrote: »
    would RTE have shown the interview if the drug smuggler was male, ugly and tattooed?

Would you be posting in a thread if the subject was male, ugly and tattoed? You see, your part of your own problem here.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

Am i the only one who felt sorry for her after watching the interview?
    Well not sympathy but felt she was remorseful and beleived what she was saying. I think she was young and stupid. First time out of ireland and went alone to ibiza, spend the time drinking and partying sure of course she wasnt thinking straight.
    She was wrong to do it, deserved jail time but god by some of the reactions you would swear she was murdering babies.
    By the way where is the other ofter of the two? Is she out aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭AryaStark

maryishere wrote: »

I think that they would have. She was only 20 when she offended... I don't think looks have that much to it.. if a young Irish 20 year old lad was caught it would get coverage and I would watch it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,530 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Not Peru, but still South America, this is what happens when a young lad tries it...

Prisoners armed with rifles. A woman’s head shot off in front of you. A toilet floor for a cell. Listening to the cries of an inmate being slowly stabbed to death. A riot that left a reported 19 dead, with their mutilated corpses thrown into a prison corridor.

This wasn’t what Paul had in mind when he walked through Caracas airport in Venezuela with six kilos of cocaine stuffed in his suitcase. It was supposed to be a straightforward drug run for a local gang with a payment of 15,000 euro to carry the drugs, with a street value of over half a million euro, back to Ireland. But when security officers closed in, the drug mule knew the game was up.

He faced eight years in Los Teques prison, outside Caracas, one of the world´s most brutal jails. Just over two years into his sentence, several stone lighter from a hunger strike and recovering from an infection he nearly died from, he decides to flee.

On his way home after several days of a bus-ride across the Andean mountains he makes his way to the border to Colombia and bribes his way into the neighbouring country.

Finally, at Bogota airport he boards a flight to Dublin. He thought his journey was over when he landed in Dublin airport. Yet an Irish reporter who interviewed him in Los Teques two years before happens to be on the same flight.

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/doconone/2011/0614/646706-radio-documentary-cocaine-mule-drugs-los-teques-prison/

• Advertisement

Not Peru, but still South America, this is what happens when a young lad tries it...

Prisoners armed with rifles. A woman’s head shot off in front of you. A toilet floor for a cell. Listening to the cries of an inmate being slowly stabbed to death. A riot that left a reported 19 dead, with their mutilated corpses thrown into a prison corridor.

This wasn’t what Paul had in mind when he walked through Caracas airport in Venezuela with six kilos of cocaine stuffed in his suitcase. It was supposed to be a straightforward drug run for a local gang with a payment of 15,000 euro to carry the drugs, with a street value of over half a million euro, back to Ireland. But when security officers closed in, the drug mule knew the game was up.

He faced eight years in Los Teques prison, outside Caracas, one of the world´s most brutal jails. Just over two years into his sentence, several stone lighter from a hunger strike and recovering from an infection he nearly died from, he decides to flee.

On his way home after several days of a bus-ride across the Andean mountains he makes his way to the border to Colombia and bribes his way into the neighbouring country.

Finally, at Bogota airport he boards a flight to Dublin. He thought his journey was over when he landed in Dublin airport. Yet an Irish reporter who interviewed him in Los Teques two years before happens to be on the same flight.

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/doconone/2011/0614/646706-radio-documentary-cocaine-mule-drugs-los-teques-prison/

I read his book and seen the documentary...

He was caught in a very different place. The girls were both very lucky where they were caught.
    People on here are saying she would not get coverage if male but that is just not true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,307 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Well not sympathy but felt she was remorseful and beleived what she was saying. I think she was young and stupid. First time out of ireland and went alone to ibiza, spend the time drinking and partying sure of course she wasnt thinking straight.
    She was wrong to do it, deserved jail time but god by some of the reactions you would swear she was murdering babies.

Another patsy seems to have fallen for it, god the nigerian princes must do well out of ireland going by all the people falling for her act

VinLieger wrote: »
    Another patsy seems to have fallen for it, god the nigerian princes must do well out of ireland going by all the people falling for her act

You and your family and friends must be very squeaky clean for you to be able to judge a young girls mistake so harshly. She may have messed up bad but everyone throwing stones and judgements is crazy... look after your own and stop being so judgemental because everyone eventually messes up or has somebody in their like who needs a second change.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

AryaStark wrote: »
    You and your family and friends must be very squeaky clean for you to be able to judge a young girls mistake so harshly. She may have messed up bad but everyone throwing stones and judgements is crazy... look after your own and stop being so judgemental because everyone eventually messes up or has somebody in their like who needs a second change.

She'd be forgotten about if she kept her head down but the public have a right to judge her if she's on the national broadcaster pedalling her story.

I read his book and seen the documentary...

He was caught in a very different place. The girls were both very lucky where they were caught.
    People on here are saying she would not get coverage if male but that is just not true.

They would get coverage alright, but nothing like the media sh*t storm she's getting. Big Brother is being talked about.

The media will jump at this story, and she won't be telling it free gratis either.

• Advertisement

I can honestly say zero percentage of my friends and family have been caught drug smuggling in a south american country, lied about it, asked for forgiveness without admitting they lied originally about it and then used the publicity to try and rewrite history as well as earning some quick fame and money from it.

She didnt make a mistake she made a choice, her only mistake was that she got caught.

I can also be as judgemental as I want if she insists on pushing her waffle into the public domain, if she kept her lying trap shut then nobody would be talking about it anywhere near as much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭Christy42

There is a difference between squeaky clean and travelling to South America to smuggle drugs.

She has her second chance doesn't she? I fail to see why people need to feel sorry for the woman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Christy42 wrote: »
    She has her second chance doesn't she? I fail to see why people need to feel sorry for the woman.

That's the crux of it really. No-one (at least on here) is saying saying hasn't done her time, but she put herself on camera in a PR move to clean up her image with (I imagine) a view to making a bit of money out the situation. I don't blame for trying this, it's her best chance at catching a break but nor am I going to feel any sense of pity for her plight, particularly when I don't believe that interview was anything more than a well rehearsed pity parade for a criminal.

I've seen some of the comments on Facebook though and there are plenty of people out for her blood. I don't get that either. She has paid for her crime, call her out on the sham interview, fine, but there's no need to get vindictive about it.

They would get coverage alright, but nothing like the media sh*t storm she's getting. Big Brother is being talked about.

The media will jump at this story, and she won't be telling it free gratis either.

Big Brother is being talked about by people on here and social media.

She still has a few years to stay in Peru and Finnish her probation.

I have a feeling that the interview was more from her solicitor and the prosecution... she did not seem to have much control and I doubt she is the one calling the shots.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 263 ✭✭Rattser

I think that they would have. She was only 20 when she offended... I don't think looks have that much to it.. if a young Irish 20 year old lad was caught it would get coverage and I would watch it.

It got huge coverage at the start as her sister reported her missing and took to social media. Then it turned out she was smuggling cocaine into Peru and in jail so the story grew legs and eventually exploded.

The sisters plea to find her sister on Facebook kicked off all the media attention, not her gender and relative good looks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭stoplooklisten

She's done her time. She did something stupid, but I think she knows that. Leave her off!

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭turnikett1

I really dont understand why some of ye care so much... Youd swear she called your mother a hoor before spitting on you judging from some of the rage filled posts here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Rattser wrote: »
    It got huge coverage at the start as her sister reported her missing and took to social media. Then it turned out she was smuggling cocaine into Peru and in jail so the story grew legs and eventually exploded.

The sisters plea to find her sister on Facebook kicked off all the media attention, not her gender and relative good looks.

That's the way I remember it too. They were gaining quite a lot of attention before she turned up caught in Peru claiming to have invisible men holding her hostage.

Also around the same time, a similar story happened to an Irishman in the Phillipines and it's not gaining the attention.
    I'd say part of the reason that this is getting so much attention is because the media already know people are conflicted over it, and the online attention it got on social media. Add to that the spin they can put on it, along the lines of 'this could easily be your daughter that went away for a holiday and ended up as a drug mule in Peru'.

I think the article that I linked to yesterday was quite accurate. The two girls got swept away with the lifestyle they were involved with in Ibiza, and the few alleged smaller 'test' runs that they did to mainland Spain were so easy, they thought Peru would be a doddle.
    A large amount of stupidity played it's part also.

Big Brother is being talked about by people on here and social media.

She still has a few years to stay in Peru and Finnish her probation.

I have a feeling that the interview was more from her solicitor and the prosecution... she did not seem to have much control and I doubt she is the one calling the shots.

She can't really diss the prison system when she has to back inside, for the quiet life and fear of losing privileges I guess.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

This is all about Michaela, but what about the other girl, Melissa. What happened to her?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 263 ✭✭Rattser

JupiterKid wrote: »
    This is all about Michaela, but what about the other girl, Melissa. What happened to her?

Still in jail.
    Both were sentenced to six years and eight months in jail after pleading guilty but they followed different legal avenues in their bids for freedom.

McCollum, who has been pictured for the first time since her release, must report to authorities each month and remain in Peru while she waits for a judicial hearing to decide her long-term fate.

Reid is holding out for formal ‘expulsion’ from Peru so she can return home.

The Scottish Prison Service has already agreed to a request from Reid’s legal team for an arrangement where she would serve the rest of her sentence in Scotland.

Despite at first appearing to agree, nothing more was heard on the subject from authorities in Peru

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/world-news/peru-drugs-mule-melissa-reid-7680433

Maybe her application is just a little bit behind?
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/scottish-drug-smuggler-speaks-hope-7680257#5ulRo5RGcv8FgeXB.97

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

She's going to be on TV3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

I feel for her as well. Delighted she got out of that hellhole. She did the crime and served the time. If she makes a few quid out of her story well more power to her.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

DellyBelly wrote: »
    I feel for her as well. Delighted she got out of that hellhole. She did the crime and served the time. If she makes a few quid out of her story well more power to her.
    Would you say the same about Larry Murphy or any other jailbird?

But she didn't. She only served a fraction of it.
    I'm not saying that I want to see her behind bars again, but she didn't serve the time.
    The deterrent has been watered down. Also, I don't know how the Peruvian legal system works, but other (just this side of desperate) people could follow her example and may decide it's worth the risk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

She's hated because she's young and hot and probably a minx in the scratcher.

She's hated because she's young and hot and probably a minx in the scratcher.

Yeah, I doubt the problem many have with her is that she tried to smuggle drugs into Europe where they could fall into the hands of their children.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Allyall wrote: »
    Yeah, I doubt the problem many have with her is that she tried to smuggle drugs into Europe where they could fall into the hands of their children.

Do you honestly think that that is the reason for the outrage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

bubblypop wrote: »
    What does that mean?
    Lots of young people travel alone.
    Lots of young people go to Europe for the summer.
    What are you trying to say?

And lots of young people don't become drug mules smuggling a million quid worth of coke.
    pablo128 wrote: »
    I worked in Holland of all places for 3 months when I was 19 and 3 months again the following year.

It was great crack earning a fortune (well it seemed so at the time) and blowing it every weekend in the Dam, only an hours train ride away.:D

And as a 19 year old having a good time in Europe ...

did you decide to start that smuggling coke from South America was a good idea ?
    Somehow I think not.
    armaghlad wrote: »
    So even if you are correct in you're cynicism: does she not deserve a second chance? Would you rather she still had the bun and cried her eyes out for the camera? What should she have done, exactly?

Yeah she deserves a second chance, but does that mean our national tv station interview her and give her a platform to trott out probably more lies.

If she was so interested in starting afresh or she was living in fear she would not be appearing on TV.

Some one here I think tried to hint that she may have been forced to do interview as part of deal with Peruvian prosecutor.
    Then why did she only do interview with little old RTE and not BBC (who actually carried part of interview the other night) or the likes of Sky.
    Surely if the Peruvian authorities wanted to get some point across they would want to use biggest media outlet possible?

Or at least have RTE interview done by Charlie Bird. :D

I am not allowed discuss …

Do you honestly think that that is the reason for the outrage?
    No, I said I doubt it's the reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I wonder will she bring home some fine Peruvian marching powder with her on the plane?

:P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭HensVassal

turnikett1 wrote: »
    I really dont understand why some of ye care so much... Youd swear she called your mother a hoor before spitting on you judging from some of the rage filled posts here!

There are some on here who need people like her because she gives them what they need to survive, i.e. hate.
    There are some who are so bloodthirsty that they wished she was locked for life and was eventually brutally and barbarically murdered in prison. And they try to moralise their hatred by pretending to care about the painful effects drugs have on users and their families. They are the same people then who want junkies jail and treatment centres shutdown because they're cutting into their oh so precious taxes.

And there are some that are quick to jump to ridiculous conclusions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

How many 'children' are coke heads these days? What she did was scummy, but there's no need to go down the Helen Lovejoy road of 'won't somebody think of the childer!'

People that take drugs are responsible for their own actions. If children manage to get hold of them it's their parents who are responsible for not doing their job as parents very well.

It's amazing really. So many threads on AH about drug use and decriminalization etc that have so much support, yet this girl is viewed as the devil incarnate.

I wonder if any of the people foaming at the mouth about her being released from prison have ever used illegal drugs themselves. If so, they didn't just fall from the sky y'know.

And there are some that are quick to jump to ridiculous conclusions.

I agree. Some seem to know for sure that she's going to get rich giving interviews, writing books and appearing in treacly reality shows.

How many 'children' are coke heads these days? What she did was scummy, but there's no need to go down the Helen Lovejoy road of 'won't somebody think of the childer!'

People that take drugs are responsible for their own actions. If children manage to get hold of them it's their parents who are responsible for not doing their job as parents very well.

It's amazing really. So many threads on AH about drug use and decriminalization etc that have so much support, yet this girl is viewed as the devil incarnate.

I wonder if any of the people foaming at the mouth about her being released from prison have ever used illegal drugs themselves. If so, they didn't just fall from the sky y'know.

+1
    And alcohol ruins lives just as much if not more but nobody held down anybody and forced booze down their throats until they becamse alcoholics.

HensVassal wrote: »
    I agree. Some seem to know for sure that she's going to get rich giving interviews, writing books and appearing in treacly reality shows.

Are they the same people who tend to stick to the same points, even though they've been proven wrong and won't admit it. And then say stupid things like
    There are some who are so bloodthirsty that they wished she was locked for life and was eventually brutally and barbarically murdered in prison
    and
    They are the same people then who want junkies jail and treatment centres shutdown because they're cutting into their oh so precious taxes.
    ?

First, I'm not anti-drugs.
    If anything, I'd be for legalising them, as that would remove a massive criminal element in so many ways, and generate a massive income to the Country.
    Second, I also believe it would also lessen the likelyhood (if not eliminate it altogether) of getting 'bad' or 'blended' drugs.
    I was not thinking of the childer, I was pointing out that there are possibly other reasons that she was unliked, and not because she was young, good looking and possibly good in the sack.

EDIT - I also don't agree that when I started doing drugs that it was my parents fault for not doing their jobs properly.

Double Edit - No, they don't fall from the sky, they are brought over here... Isn't that the whole issue?

• Advertisement

Are they the same people who tend to stick to the same points, even though they've been proven wrong and won't admit it. And then say stupid things like

and

?

Proven wrong? What are you talking about? Check back through the thread and you'll find plenty who think she should have been locked up for life. Do you think I just made it up?

Proven wrong? What are you talking about? Check back through the thread and you'll find plenty who think she should have been locked up for life. Do you think I just made it up?

You made the claim so you prove it, its not up to anyone else to back up or research what you say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

Hell hole?

Why because the country has a functioning legal system and she was justifiably convicted and sentenced? That 'hell hole' of a country was extremely lenient on her considering what she was caught with. If that was Ireland she would be doing 10 years minimum with no chance of parole.

I've been to Peru, its a fantastic place with some fantastic people. I don't think you should be taking it out on an entire country because some entitled moron decided to smuggle a million euros worth of drugs out there. If McCollum wanted to stay in Ibiza longer to continue her partying then she should have gotten a real job like most of us do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

There are some on here who need people like her because she gives them what they need to survive, i.e. hate.
    There are some who are so bloodthirsty that they wished she was locked for life and was eventually brutally and barbarically murdered in prison. And they try to moralise their hatred by pretending to care about the painful effects drugs have on users and their families. They are the same people then who want junkies jail and treatment centres shutdown because they're cutting into their oh so precious taxes.

These would be the same people that will point at muslim extremists and say they're weird and barbaric. They don't take any notice of their own extremism and how they'll unleash it on the most mundane and insignificant things.

I think if these type of people grew up in syria they'd be just the type to be stringing up gay people in the streets, or if they were born in biblical times they'd be shouting for Jesus to be crucified. The angry mob is a human constant, we in the west just think our extremism is ok because we don't kill people over it anymore.

ScumLord wrote: »
    These would be the same people that will point at muslim extremists and say they're weird and barbaric. They don't take any notice of their own extremism and how they'll unleash it on the most mundane and insignificant things.

I think if these type of people grew up in syria they'd be just the type to be stringing up gay people in the streets, or if they were born in biblical times they'd be shouting for Jesus to be crucified. The angry mob is a human constant, we in the west just think our extremism is ok because we don't kill people over it anymore.

To be honest I think people are maybe a little bit peeved that she is actually going to make a ton of money off the back of committing a crime and that she just exudes entitlement. For me personally the fact that she attacked the Peruvian legal system insinuating it was archaic and her treatment was barbaric was the end of all my sympathy for her. Everyone makes mistakes but not everyone goes out and tarnishes a countries reputation on the global stage (a country desperate for tourism).

Then there was the whole donation fund page. Now I know McCollum didn't set that up but that she continued to spin her fabricated story when good, honest people were donating their hard earned cash was deplorable in my opinion.

There's 19 year olds being released from our prison services for similar crimes every week and rather than being paid thousands to do interviews and being offered book deals they will instead be stigmatized and most likely unable to find a job because of their actions.

In a lot of cases those same 19 year olds will have grown up surrounded by crime, will have already struggled to find work, will probably lack education and will have a lot less options than McCollum had. While no one has to drug deal out of necessity in this country, there are a lot of people who have very little options. McCollum on the other hand did what she did to continue a holiday.

WarZ wrote: »
    To be honest I think people are maybe a little bit peeved that she is actually going to make a ton of money off the back of committing a crime and that she just exudes entitlement. For me personally the fact that she attacked the Peruvian legal system insinuating it was archaic and her treatment was barbaric was the end of all my sympathy for her. Everyone makes mistakes but not everyone goes out and tarnishes a countries reputation on the global stage (a country desperate for tourism).
    The only way she'll make a ton of money is if people keep talking about her. If newspapers and media companies throw money in her face I don't really expect someone of her age to be able to say no.

For the most part she's said very little and people are just constructing a story on social media. It's the usual craic these days, a sentence in the media gets turned into thousands of pages of controversy where the general population come up with their own story.

All people have to do is move on and stop talking about her and she'll go away.

ScumLord wrote: »
    The only way she'll make a ton of money is if people keep talking about her. If newspapers and media companies throw money in her face I don't really expect someone of her age to be able to say no.

For the most part she's said very little and people are just constructing a story on social media. It's the usual craic these days, a sentence in the media gets turned into thousands of pages of controversy where the general population come up with their own story.

All people have to do is move on and stop talking about her and she'll go away.

I am not having a pop at her for making money off of it but if the interview amounts to little more than justification for her actions and more belittling of Peru then she's taking the piss.

She should use all the money she gets from these interviews to pay back the people who donated to her fund and to drug addiction groups. That would be a classy move.

I hate people who pretend to be 'whiter than white' but at the very least she should apologize for tarnishing Peru, admit to her mistakes and if she is going to make money off smuggling drugs then she should donate some of that money to the communities that are devastated thanks to people like her.

And I sincerely hope that she doesn't flee the country on bail because in future or maybe even currently there may be British and Irish people that will be denied bail in Peru because of her actions.

I am not having a pop at her for making money off of it but if the interview amounts to little more than justification for her actions and more belittling of Peru then she's taking the piss.
    In your opinion. It could just as easily be that she's seen the outcry and is trying to show she's not the monster she's being made out to be. She's a fool to think she can get any sympathy from people these days but she's also young, live and learn.
    She should use all the money she gets from these interviews to pay back the people who donated to her fund and to drug addiction groups. That would be a classy move.
    I guess. Maybe publicans should be donating a portion of their wages to alcohol addiction groups, that would also be a classy move.
    I hate people who pretend to be 'whiter than white' but at the very least she should apologize for tarnishing Peru, admit to her mistakes and if she is going to make money off smuggling drugs then she should donate some of that money to the communities that are devastated thanks to people like her.
    That's just nonsense. Peru can't blame this one girl for tarnishing their reputation. Bottom line is prohibition is to blame, decades of terrible laws are the problem, not the actions of one girl.

You seem pretty determined to see the worst in this situation. She broke the law, the people of Ireland and the UK jumped on the story because they were two pretty girls. Yes this happens every day and they got special considerations but I think anyone else would happily take those special considerations to get out of a peruvian jail. She was a stupid young girl, she's damned lucky to be out of jail and I would say she's been rehabilitated and wont be smuggling drugs ever again. Case closed.

And I sincerely hope that she doesn't flee the country on bail because in future or maybe even currently there may be British and Irish people that will be denied bail in Peru because of her actions.

I don't know where people get this notion that she's going to make a ton of money.
    From what exactly? She might get a few grand for an interview....maybe enough for a deposit on a house, but that's it. People think she's going to be raking it it like Katie Price just for appearing on tabloid mags each week with another yarn about cheating boyfriends or how she shagged someone else's man.

VinLieger wrote: »
    You made the claim so you prove it, its not up to anyone else to back up or research what you say

I didn't make ANY claim. I stated a fact that posters on this forum stated that she ought to have been locked up for life. Allyall chimed in and alluded that this was a lie. I don't know where you get off sticking your oar in.

But if you want to know Fr_Dougal stated in post 3168 that she shouldn't have been allowed out (of prison). I don't know if he means when she was released or EVER. Orielle in post 3172 said she should have gotten at least 25 years. That's life in most countries.

And for the record it's not up to you to stick your nose into a discussion between myself and someone else who accused me of lying, OK?

• Advertisement
Advertisement