Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Peru drug smuggling case - READ OP BEFORE POSTING

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

HensVassal wrote: »
    I didn't make ANY claim. I stated a fact that posters on this forum stated that she ought to have been locked up for life. Allyall chimed in and alluded that this was a lie. I don't know where you get off sticking your oar in.

:D

On a forum, open thread. :D

How dare anyone reply to anyone that isn't addressing them directly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,307 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I didn't make ANY claim. I stated a fact that posters on this forum stated that she ought to have been locked up for life. Allyall chimed in and alluded that this was a lie. I don't know where you get off sticking your oar in.

But if you want to know Fr_Dougal stated in post 3168 that she shouldn't have been allowed out (of prison). I don't know if he means when she was released or EVER. Orielle in post 3172 said she should have gotten at least 25 years. That's life in most countries.

And for the record it's not up to you to stick your nose into a discussion between myself and someone else who accused me of lying, OK?

It's an open forum I can reply to any post I like if you have a problem with that the internet in general might not be for you.

Also you claimed people had been posting she should be locked up for life and then when questioned told that poster to go find this evidence to prove your claim. If you make a claim and then get called on it you should then be the one to back that up with evidence, if you can go find those posts saying this then great! But my casual observances of the thread have not witnessed it yet

Also nice ninja edit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

ScumLord wrote: »
    In your opinion. It could just as easily be that she's seen the outcry and is trying to show she's not the monster she's being made out to be. She's a fool to think she can get any sympathy from people these days but she's also young, live and learn.

What outcry? All I have seen is that people have asked her to retract her previous comments and admit the story was entirely fabricated.
    I guess. Maybe publicans should be donating a portion of their wages to alcohol addiction groups, that would also be a classy move.

It would absolutely, same should go for bookies. I assume the taxes publicans pay for their licenses go towards that though no?
    That's just nonsense. Peru can't blame this one girl for tarnishing their reputation. Bottom line is prohibition is to blame, decades of terrible laws are the problem, not the actions of one girl.

She utterly decimated Peru on the global stage. Claimed that it was a backwards third world country, implied that the police were corrupt and that the legal system was a complete farce.
    You seem pretty determined to see the worst in this situation. She broke the law, the people of Ireland and the UK jumped on the story because they were two pretty girls. Yes this happens every day and they got special considerations but I think anyone else would happily take those special considerations to get out of a peruvian jail. She was a stupid young girl, she's damned lucky to be out of jail and I would say she's been rehabilitated and wont be smuggling drugs ever again. Case closed.

How am I determined to see the worst? I simply explained why some people seem to take issue with her and they are legitimate reasons.

It just annoys me when posters label Peru as a 'hellhole' and wish McCollum makes a ton of cash as if SHE is the victim here. I am happy that she is free as like you I believe prohibition is archaic. I only hope that she is not selfish enough to flee Peru now that she has been released. It would set back the chances for a lot of British and Irish current inmates for parole in the future.

I don't know where people get this notion that she's going to make a ton of money.
    From what exactly? She might get a few grand for an interview....maybe enough for a deposit on a house, but that's it. People think she's going to be raking it it like Katie Price just for appearing on tabloid mags each week with another yarn about cheating boyfriends or how she shagged someone else's man.

Enough for a deposit on a house is a ton of money for a lot of people.

And for the record it's not up to you to stick your nose into a discussion between myself and someone else who accused me of lying, OK?

When did I accuse you of lying?

The girl got out.
    The case got a lot of attention.
    She was stupid, she has been given a life lesson and if she doesn't learn from it she no longer has anyone else to blame (She seems to have a load at the moment).

I think most people are p*ssed off with the fact that they have to carve out an honest living doing something many of them hate, and are aggrieved that she decided to do what she did, got caught and has the possibility of making some money off it/seems tobe getting rewarded. Any money would be too much to many of them.

I didn't see the interview, nor will I. But to me it seems that if somebody that was genuinely remorseful or ashamed of their actions, they'd put their head down and keep a low profile.
    She obviously isn't ashamed. It's not a case of "why should she be", but more a case of that may also be a contributing factor to people disliking her bulls*tty actions.
    The first thing she does when she gets out is to get her hair done and court the media.
    For what purpose?
    To tell "her side of the story"?
    I have no interest in her side. She tried to do something stupid, got caught and went to prison. Got very lucky and got out.

End of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

+1
    And alcohol ruins lives just as much if not more but nobody held down anybody and forced booze down their throats until they becamse alcoholics.

I'm afraid I disagree with this sentiment. I am pleased she survived her ordeal n prison and wish her well in the future. However, I do not condone what she did nor do I think cocaine is equivalent to alcohol.
    Yes, have some forgiveness for her, she was young and stupid and she has suffered - but no no no - the drugs business is a cess pit and not equivalent to going for a few pints!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭HensVassal

VinLieger wrote: »
    It's an open forum I can reply to any post I like if you have a problem with that the internet in general might not be for you.

Also you claimed people had been posting she should be locked up for life and then when questioned told that poster to go find this evidence to prove your claim. If you make a claim and then get called on it you should then be the one to back that up with evidence, if you can go find those posts saying this then great! But my casual observances of the thread have not witnessed it yet

Also nice ninja edit

For your information I wasn't asked to provide proof of those posts I was simply accused of lying. There's a big difference. Maybe you out to get the facts before you jump in to educate people on the etiquette of public fora.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

WarZ wrote: »
    What outcry? All I have seen is that people have asked her to retract her previous comments and admit the story was entirely fabricated.
    What outcry? The outcry on social media, the outcry in this thread. People demanding she be kept in jail for life. There has been an outcry, unless I'm using the word outcry incorrectly?

Outcry.
    a strong expression of public disapproval or anger.

No, that seems spot on.

And I don't think anyone asked her anything. They just came on social media giving out.

She utterly decimated Peru on the global stage. Claimed that it was a backwards third world country, implied that the police were corrupt and that the legal system was a complete farce.
    Maybe she's right, are you saying Peru doesn't have problems with corruption in their police force? I haven't really been following what she's been saying.

How am I determined to see the worst? I simply explained why some people seem to take issue with her and they are legitimate reasons.

It was your final sentence.
    And I sincerely hope that she doesn't flee the country on bail because in future or maybe even currently there may be British and Irish people that will be denied bail in Peru because of her actions.

Why even bring this up? To me that looks like you assuming the worst will always happen.

• Advertisement

LorMal wrote: »
    I'm afraid I disagree with this sentiment. I am pleased she survived her ordeal n prison and wish her well in the future. However, I do not condone what she did nor do I think cocaine is equivalent to alcohol.
    Yes, have some forgiveness for her, she was young and stupid and she has suffered - but no no no - the drugs business is a cess pit and not equivalent to going for a few pints!

you're trying to compare extremes. I pointed out that alcohol ruins lives. Trying to say I compared drug running with having a few pints is disingenuous. I wouldn't compare a few stockbrokers doing a line after work to a bunch of living dead shooting up or smoking meth in a crack den. And I wouldn't compare going for a few pints with winos in the park who've lost everything and hurt everyone on their 40 year sherry binge.

For your information I wasn't asked to provide proof of those posts I was simply accused of lying. There's a big difference. Maybe you out to get the facts before you jump in to educate people on the etiquette of public fora.

I don't know whether you genuinely didn't see it because you're skipping over posts, or if you are ignoring it, but I'll ask again.
    When were you accused of lying?

What outcry? The outcry on social media, the outcry in this thread. People demanding she be kept in jail for life. There has been an outcry, unless I'm using the word outcry incorrectly?

Outcry.
    a strong expression of public disapproval or anger.

No, that seems spot on.

And I don't think anyone asked her anything. They just came on social media giving out.

It is negated by the outcry by her supporters. What I mean is very few people were wishing her ill but some are justifiably upset by her lenient sentence. In this country she would have gotten 10 years minimum. But according to herself and her supporters she is a victim in all this.

Maybe she's right, are you saying Peru doesn't have problems with corruption in their police force? I haven't really been following what she's been saying.

Maybe they are, I would assume most police forces around the world are. The problem is that she was implying that she was being treated unfairly by the police, that this could happen to anyone and that they treated her horribly. That is damaging to tourism. In her case it just wasn't true, there was no fabrication of evidence, she was treated remarkably well and the justice system was if anything lenient.

It was your final sentence.

Why even bring this up? To me that looks like you assuming the worst will always happen.

I said I hope she doesn't. A lot of people have already alluded to the fact that she will flee the country. If I'm judging her on her previous actions then I would come to the conclusion that shes the type to not give a flying F about how this might negatively effect others and will likely flee once she has a viable plan of escape. I hope she proves me wrong though.

WarZ wrote: »
    Enough for a deposit on a house is a ton of money for a lot of people.

good luck to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

To be honest that bun alone deserved 2 years!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

These would be the same people that will point at muslim extremists and say they're weird and barbaric. They don't take any notice of their own extremism and how they'll unleash it on the most mundane and insignificant things.

Ah yes the old lets defame the ones we don't agree with stance.

So people who like to see criminals, and that is what she was and really still is because she has still not completed her sentence and must remain in the country, get hefty jail terms for their crimes are equivalent to muslim extremists who decide to blow up innocent civilians usually who have absolutely nothing to do with the states and peoples the extremists are supposedly fighting for.

BTW can you point to one poster who said she should have a limb amputated or she should have her head hacked off ?
    I think if these type of people grew up in syria they'd be just the type to be stringing up gay people in the streets, or if they were born in biblical times they'd be shouting for Jesus to be crucified. The angry mob is a human constant, we in the west just think our extremism is ok because we don't kill people over it anymore.

If if if ...
    if my aunt had balls she would be my uncle.

No wonder the libtards are becoming a laughing stock.

People who like to see criminals in jail, not on tv shows, are now the same as extremists who throw gays off buildings and would have been leading the calls for crucifixions in Roman times.

FFS no wonder we are so fooked in Europe when we have liberals who actually think that people calling for stiff jail sentences for criminals are now the equivalent of Jews in 1st century Roman Empire middle eastern province or msulim extremists who want to push the world back to 7th century Arabia.
    What a load of horseshyte.

Sunshine you will really know extremism and extremists when you live through a Paris or Brussels type attack.
    Of course you will probably reckon it all the fault of western extremists. :rolleyes:

I am not allowed discuss …

• Advertisement

Allyall wrote: »
    I don't know whether you genuinely didn't see it because you're skipping over posts, or if you are ignoring it, but I'll ask again.
    When were you accused of lying?

you stated that I was "proven wrong" and refused to admit it. From what I gather you made this assertion regarding me stating that people wanted her locked up for life. I can only assume that you're challenging my statement regarding posters wanting her jailed for life.....ergo that I'm lying.

jmayo wrote: »
    Ah yes the old lets defame the ones we don't agree with stance.

So people who like to see criminals, and that is what she was and really still is because she has still not completed her sentence and must remain in the country, get hefty jail terms for their crimes are equivalent to muslim extremists who decide to blow up innocent civilians usually who have absolutely nothing to do with the states and peoples the extremists are supposedly fighting for.

BTW can you point to one poster who said she should have a limb amputated or she should have her head hacked off ?

If if if ...
    if my aunt had balls she would be my uncle.

No wonder the libtards are becoming a laughing stock.

People who like to see criminals in jail, not on tv shows, are now the same as extremists who throw gays off buildings and would have been leading the calls for crucifixions in Roman times.

FFS no wonder we are so fooked in Europe when we have liberals who actually think that people calling for stiff jail sentences for criminals are now the equivalent of Jews in 1st century Roman Empire middle eastern province or msulim extremists who want to push the world back to 7th century Arabia.
    What a load of horseshyte.

Sunshine you will really know extremism and extremists when you live through a Paris or Brussels type attack.
    Of course you will probably reckon it all the fault of western extremists. :rolleyes:

no he was stating that people who are more interested in seething revenge rather than justice are the same ilk who would hypocritically denounce Muslim extremism without sparing a thought for their own poisonous extremism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Is the full interview on the interweb for one overseas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Simon2015

She is now trying to sue an Irish newspaper for "harassment and intimidation":rolleyes:

You couldn't make it up.

http://www.thejournal.ie/michaella-mccollum-legal-proceedings-irish-newspaper-2700304-Apr2016/

Simon2015 wrote: »
    She is now trying to sue an Irish newspaper for "harassment and intimidation":rolleyes:

You couldn't make it up.

http://www.thejournal.ie/michaella-mccollum-legal-proceedings-irish-newspaper-2700304-Apr2016/

Surely if she has been harassed and intimidated, then she is quite entitled to sue?
    Same as I would be.
    She did the crime, she is still ( kinda ) doing the time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Simon2015

bubblypop wrote: »
    Surely if she has been harassed and intimidated, then she is quite entitled to sue?
    Same as I would be.

If we follow that logic then the families of people who have died because of drugs should also be able to sue her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

bubblypop wrote: »
    Same as I would be.

She would probably have to go to a court in Peru as this would be where the event would have occured, good luck with that.

If we follow that logic then the families of people who have died because of drugs should also be able to sue her.

Well if those hypothetical families could prove that the hypothetical drugs that she supplied to their hypothetical relation, caused that hypothetical relation to die. Then yea, I'm sure they could sue her in civil court for causing that hypothetical death.

Nothing like her being harassed or intimidated in actual real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

blade1 wrote: »
    To be honest that bun alone deserved 2 years!

I've had an awful day but reading this comment has made everything better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

First time out of ireland and went alone to ibiza, spend the time drinking and partying sure of course she wasnt thinking straight.
    She was wrong to do it, deserved jail time but god by some of the reactions you would swear she was murdering babies.

I went to Ibiza when I was 22. I spent my whole time drinking and partying, drinking and partying....but never once did I consider becoming a drugs mule and smuggling millions worth of cocaine out of the country.............you have to laugh at the people who say 'we all make mistakes'

Heat_Wave wrote: »
    I went to Ibiza when I was 22. I spent my whole time drinking and partying, drinking and partying....but never once did I consider becoming a drugs mule and smuggling millions worth of cocaine out of the country.............you have to laugh at the people who say 'we all make mistakes'

"We all make mistakes" seems to be the common thing all of her supporters say/tweet.
    Ridiculous.
    I tried to wade through the comments that were posted on some sites. Twitter has an awful lot to answer for :mad:.
    People using hashtags for nearly every word, is as annoying as people using airquotes and starting them in the middle of a word and ending them at random. (Or just using airquotes).

Anyway, apparently the interview wasn't as well received as she would have liked, and now has asked to be left alone.
    The interview could probably be classed as a 'mistake'.
    She should not have agreed to do any interview, I don't know why she thought, or who advised her that it could be a good thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Paulownia

"We all make mistakes" seems to be the common thing all of her supporters say/tweet.
    Ridiculous.
    I tried to wade through the comments that were posted on some sites. Twitter has an awful lot to answer for :mad:.
    People using hashtags for nearly every word, is as annoying as people using airquotes and starting them in the middle of a word and ending them at random. (Or just using airquotes).

Anyway, apparently the interview wasn't as well received as she would have liked, and now has asked to be left alone.
    She should not have agreed to do any interview, I don't know why she thought, or who advised her that it could be a good thing.

This stupid woman is providing a distraction for us for all the terrible stuff that is happening innocent people in the world. She is a convicted drug smuggler, let's not turn her into a national treasure!

Ridiculous.

I think the problem for anyone who is at the centre of media interest is that you will be hounded until you give an interview. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
    As regards her making a mistake, I think a lot of people, including me, think she has been punished and now deserves to move on. She is obviously not too bright (the drugs smuggling effort was ludicrous) - and was gullible, selfish and naive. I doubt she will ever be in trouble again. Let her be - there are many much worse on our doorstep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I have been reading various articles online and in newspapers and I have yet to see a single mention of Michaela's accomplice, Melissa Reid...is she still in prison, was she released too? Is her story getting the same press coverage in scotland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Paulownia wrote: »
    This stupid woman is providing a distraction for us for all the terrible stuff that is happening innocent people in the world. She is a convicted drug smuggler, let's not turn her into a national treasure!

Fast question dunno if it was answered before. Is she an Irish citizen or a British ?

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭VisibleGorilla

I have been reading various articles online and in newspapers and I have yet to see a single mention of Michaela's accomplice, Melissa Reid...is she still in prison, was she released too? Is her story getting the same press coverage in scotland?
    She is still in prison.

She doesn't want to have the spend the next 4 years forced to stay in Peru, she wants a prison transfer to UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

Fast question dunno if it was answered before. Is she an Irish citizen or a British ?
    Irish

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I have meant to do this myself but unfortunatly have not been able to do so but has anyone contact RTE about there opposition to the interview

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I see that the media are starting to get a few digs in now, perhaps they are bowing to the outraged public and trying to take a side?

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/michaellas-lies-sectarianism-and-ibiza-escape-claims-are-exposed-34603478.html

NIMAN wrote: »
    I see that the media are starting to get a few digs in now, perhaps they are bowing to the outraged public and trying to take a side?

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/michaellas-lies-sectarianism-and-ibiza-escape-claims-are-exposed-34603478.html
    So one bogroll newspaper (independent) is jumping on another bogroll newspaper's (the sun) story. According to the Sun she lived in Botanic in South Belfast before clearing off and "leaving her housemates to pay a £600 bill". But before she went to Ibiza she went and lived with a friend. So maybe that is when she got the sectarian threats?

The drugs she attempted to smuggle were never consumed by anyone. They were seized and (I assume) stored or destroyed.
    Doubt any court or judge would rule for a kid who died as a result of drugs that McCollum didn't provide

Heat_Wave wrote: »

Yes but if wound up in the sack with some party girl locked out of your head but never laid a finger on her and then the next day she went off to the police and accused you of sexual assault and rape and you were subsequently arrested, can you imagine the reaction of some of the mouth-foamers on here. They would be calling for you to be sent to the gallows along with your family. There would be other more rational people who would be saying "hold up, he hasn't been tried yet or even investigated. He got drunk ,he made a mistake"

Others would be like "I've been drunk hundreds of times and I never raped a defenceless holiday rep, blah, blah"

Now we know that McCollum did attempt the drug run. But just because you or many others haven't been pursuaded to do something as stupid as traffic cocaine, it doesn't mean that others aren't going to be lured into the trap. There are many mistakes that I have not made, such as getting my girlfriend pregnant at the age of 16, but it happens all the time and just because I didn't do it doesn't qualify me to judge that it's an unacceptable mistake for others to make.

• Advertisement

armaghlad wrote: »
    Irish

If she was born in Northern Ireland then she is both.

She is still in prison.

She doesn't want to have the spend the next 4 years forced to stay in Peru, she wants a prison transfer to UK.

She favours 4 years in a Scottish prison over 4 years freedom in Peru?

I have meant to do this myself but unfortunatly have not been able to do so but has anyone contact RTE about there opposition to the interview

Send all complaints to:

Censor in Chief,
    Book Burning, Witch Trials and Inquisitions Department,
    RTE
    Donnybrook
    D4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Yes but if wound up in the sack with some party girl locked out of your head but never laid a finger on her and then the next day she went off to the police and accused you of sexual assault and rape and you were subsequently arrested, can you imagine the reaction of some of the mouth-foamers on here. They would be calling for you to be sent to the gallows along with your family. There would be other more rational people who would be saying "hold up, he hasn't been tried yet or even investigated. He got drunk ,he made a mistake"

Others would be like "I've been drunk hundreds of times and I never raped a defenceless holiday rep, blah, blah"

Now we know that McCollum did attempt the drug run. But just because you or many others haven't been pursuaded to do something as stupid as traffic cocaine, it doesn't mean that others aren't going to be lured into the trap. There are many mistakes that I have not made, such as getting my girlfriend pregnant at the age of 16, but it happens all the time and just because I didn't do it doesn't qualify me to judge that it's an unacceptable mistake for others to make.

How are you comparing some (hypothetical) person who didn't commit a crime but is accused of it to someone who ACTUALLY committed a crime, was caught red handed and got convicted of that crime? Is this the lengths defenders of McCollum have to go to to earn her some sympathy?

I don't get this logic at all either... you didn't get your girlfriend pregnant at 16 (or make some similar mistake) so therefore it's not fair to judge someone for smuggling drugs.

Bacchus wrote: »
    How are you comparing some (hypothetical) person who didn't commit a crime but is accused of it to someone who ACTUALLY committed a crime, was caught red handed and got convicted of that crime? Is this the lengths defenders of McCollum have to go to to earn her some sympathy?

I don't get this logic at all either... you didn't get your girlfriend pregnant at 16 (or make some similar mistake) so therefore it's not fair to judge someone for smuggling drugs.

FFS man, as soon as you attempt to make an analogy (which by the way doesn't have to be the exact same thing as its counterpart it merely serves to rationalise behaviour and or attitudes) you get people on here who just can't seem to step back and engage a bit of fcuking logic. They just immediately get the wrong end of the stick. In fact they seem to go out of their way to get the wrong end of the damn stick. I'll give you a simple example. So many people on here are all cockahoop about the "lives that drugs can ruin". I mentioned that alcohol ruins lives too as does gambling. Straight away a poster pipes up that "you can't compare smuggling several kilos of coke to having a few pints!!"

Exasperation was all I could muster in the face of such a colossal brainfart.

FFS man, as soon as you attempt to make an analogy (which by the way doesn't have to be the exact same thing as its counterpart it merely serves to rationalise behaviour and or attitudes) you get people on here who just can't seem to step back and engage a bit of fcuking logic. They just immediately get the wrong end of the stick. In fact they seem to go out of their way to get the wrong end of the damn stick. I'll give you a simple example. So many people on here are all cockahoop about the "lives that drugs can ruin". I mentioned that alcohol ruins lives too as does gambling. Straight away a poster pipes up that "you can't compare smuggling several kilos of coke to having a few pints!!"

Why not answer Bacchus questions then, and ellaborate some more instead of ranting on about people immediately getting the wrong end of the stick?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Send all complaints to:

Censor in Chief,
    Book Burning, Witch Trials and Inquisitions Department,
    RTE
    Donnybrook
    D4

Or, as I mentioned in another thread, you could follow the correct complaints procedure for anyone who is unhappy with something in RTE's programming (or that of other broadcasters).

The BAI is the broadcasting authority, and they lay down codes of conduct for RTE and the other TV and radio stations. They also implement a complaints procedure.

The first step is to complain to the broadcaster directly (complaints@rte.ie). If you aren't satisfied with their response, you can then take it to the next level - make a complaint directly to the BAI. They will then conduct an investigation (that involves a number of steps, and may eventually result in a reprimand, apology and fine for the broadcaster). BAI complaints are taken seriously.

You can get full details of the complaints procedure on the BAI website.

If she was born in Northern Ireland then she is both.
    Afaiaa she identifies as Irish, holds an Irish passport and was supported throughout by the Irish embassy.

maudgonner wrote: »
    Or, as I mentioned in another thread, you could follow the correct complaints procedure for anyone who is unhappy with something in RTE's programming (or that of other broadcasters).

The BAI is the broadcasting authority, and they lay down codes of conduct for RTE and the other TV and radio stations. They also implement a complaints procedure.

The first step is to complain to the broadcaster directly (complaints@rte.ie). If you aren't satisfied with their response, you can then take it to the next level - make a complaint directly to the BAI. They will then conduct an investigation (that involves a number of steps, and may eventually result in a reprimand, apology and fine for the broadcaster). BAI complaints are taken seriously.

You can get full details of the complaints procedure on the BAI website.

Alternatively, you could get a life.

Exasperation is what many reading your so called "analogy" experienced too.

There is no similarity between the two scenarios to be able to call them an anology of each other.

Alternatively, you could get a life.

People arent allowed have an opinion on what their license money gets spent on?

• Advertisement
Advertisement